DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Any way to turn off auto-exposure?

The auto exposure/ eye adaptation in the cockpit view is wayyyyy too much, especially in VR. Is there any setting to tone it down or shut it off completely?

I tried changing the HDR values in the settings file but it doesn't do anything at all. Turned off bloom as well. Please allow us to turn off auto exposure! Its especially bad in VR because your head moves and that triggers the auto exposure every few seconds. 

• Agree 2

For me Dirt Rally 2.0 is possibly the best VR experience (when you're properly in the zone), but this lighting bug really really detracts from the whole experience. So disappointing that we've been asking for this for so long and still they ignore us ☹️

• Agree 1

On 9/27/2020 at 7:27 PM, PantheraTigris said:

The auto exposure/ eye adaptation in the cockpit view is wayyyyy too much, especially in VR. Is there any setting to tone it down or shut it off completely?

I tried changing the HDR values in the settings file but it doesn't do anything at all. Turned off bloom as well. Please allow us to turn off auto exposure! Its especially bad in VR because your head moves and that triggers the auto exposure every few seconds. 

Agree. It's horrible. 

I understand only serious bug fixes get now made to DR2.0. I'd say this is a serious bug for VR users. There are occasions when everything is so blown out you can't really see where you're going.