Sign in to follow this  

Performance patch week

Mercedes 1 second/lap ahead of everyone else (except Verstappen) ? I don't like it, but it's realistic. But what does that means for MyTeam/Career Mode ? The same, but i don't want it. I'm afraid of a realistic performance patch. So I don't need it. A performance patch would completely destroy the balance in the game. Not everything has to be very realistic. The fun of the game should not be forgotten.

Edited by ndrst
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

3 hours ago, ndrst said:

Mercedes 1 second/lap ahead of everyone else (except Verstappen) ? I don't like it, but it's realistic. But what does that means for MyTeam/Career Mode ? The same, but i don't want it. I'm afraid of a realistic performance patch. So I don't need it. A performance patch would completely destroy the balance in the game. Not everything has to be very realistic. The fun of the game should not be forgotten.

I am one of those who likes it. Mercedes are clearly the best and fastest in real life and it game, it should be no exception. Red Bull are way too close to Mercedes in the game. Ferrari and Racing Point are the ones expected to be modified. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Krisperfectline said:

I am one of those who likes it. Mercedes are clearly the best and fastest in real life and it game, it should be no exception. Red Bull are way too close to Mercedes in the game. Ferrari and Racing Point are the ones expected to be modified. 

Currently I'm in my 3rd season, the top 6 teams are so close in performance that the first 6 races have different winners it's crazily tense, I expect my next new career to be the same. 

Really hope they allow us the have option to apply the performance patch to the game itself or not, can't imagine seeing the same Merc winning every race like in real life, it's realistic, but very boring.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ndrst said:

I don't think this will have an effect on current My Team careers as the teams will have developed their cars already

1 hour ago, BelgiumDude said:

I don't think this will have an effect on current My Team careers as the teams will have developed their cars already

Hard to predict until the patch lands, the thing is, they might also tweak individual team's pace on upgrading their facilities, which will heavily affect their R&D progression. That's why the best way to do it is to has an option for the players to choose whether they want the new performance balance or not and should be able to switch back to the old one anytime they want. Judging from what they did with the driver's stats update, the action might be irreversible for the team performance update, which is not ideal imo.

Or, just give us a slider to adjust each team's performance and progression speed before a season so we can re-balance it ourselves lol.

Edited by DRTApophis

I imagine it'll work the same as the driver updates where you get an in game email asking if you want to apply itto current saves. It'll automatically apply to new saves though.

Would be nice if they give us an option to change a teams starting upgrades. Like if you want Williams to start further up then have them start with a few upgrades already in place with a choice to "lock" them so they don't get affected by reg changes.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

Currently I'm in my 3rd season, the top 6 teams are so close in performance that the first 6 races have different winners it's crazily tense, I expect my next new career to be the same. 

Really hope they allow us the have option to apply the performance patch to the game itself or not, can't imagine seeing the same Merc winning every race like in real life, it's realistic, but very boring.

And what about boring? Ferrari is not accurately placed in the performance chart. Adjust to the game yourself like you did. I want something perfect or close to the real F1 in every aspect. Mercedes and Red Bull are way too close compared to real life. 

12 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

Hard to predict until the patch lands, the thing is, they might also tweak individual team's pace on upgrading their facilities, which will heavily affect their R&D progression. That's why the best way to do it is to has an option for the players to choose whether they want the new performance balance or not and should be able to switch back to the old one anytime they want. Judging from what they did with the driver's stats update, the action might be irreversible for the team performance update, which is not ideal imo.

Or, just give us a slider to adjust each team's performance and progression speed before a season so we can re-balance it ourselves lol.

Yea, I agree on this. I just want everything close to real F1. You stick to your preferences while I stick to mine. Simple as that. Just give us the performance update that is accurate to real life.