Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2015 - Official Bugs, Glitchs and Requests List ( to help Codemasters fix that faster)

SamAlonso93

Great game. I'm experiencing a few of the mentioned bugs/glitches, but overall a game with potential. 

Would be good however to devide the bugs/gliches over the different platforms.  Just like the patches will be rolled out on the different platforms. Gives you a good overview of which bugs are experienced on whatever platform you play or platform specific. 

Wishlist:

safetycar
tyre status
weather repport

playing on PS4
I had a few very quick goes on the PC version. Is it the case that instant replays are always almost black & white when you crash (for example)?

Also, when I raced round Monaco in a storm as Will Stevens, when I watched the post Race replay, one of the sprays from my car was orange/red, like fire, I don't know if it's a glitch of the rain light lighting up spray incorrectly, or something to do with my race ending with a crash.
I want to report several bugs (PS4)

Singleplayer
----------------
- FPS drop when you look behind (TV cam)
- AI completely ignore blue flags

Multiplayer:
----------------
- Lobby settings/driving assists changes will not be saved
- Inequality of cars [2014 and 2015] ( e.g. 2015 Mercedes has much more straight line speed )
- Sync bug (after start it seems that other cars are driven by AI, although it should be other online users)
- Car turns into ghost in low speed corners (suboptimal for wheel-to-wheel racing)

--> multiplayer has to be fixed quickly, league racing is currently impossible

Xbox One

1. When racing online quite often the race will end with the 2 minute timer showing when you have only completed half a lap, the first person to cross the line will win.
  2. After crossing the line and winning the race, the winner will show as second or third with another person winning the race. Usually with a racetime of 400+ minutes.
  3. The game falls out of sync, I can be racing with a friend online in the same race but I cannot see him visibly or on the position list.  Once we have crossed the line we both show on the results list, this usually carries on until you leave the room and join another.
  4. The grid positions for a standard sprint race are ridiculous, you choose a Mercedes and always start on the front row, Red Bull - second row, Williams - third etc etc. Surely it should be random, its easy for people to dominate a room when they always start on the front row and avoid the inevitable first corner carnage.
  5. When receiving a penalty it doesn't show you on the screen until the end of the race? I was took out on the last corner at Silverstone yesterday, I had received a penalty and the guy who did it cruised to the line with nothing.
  6. The audio volume for the race engineer is far too low, it needs to be boosted or allow an option to change it in the settings.
Apart from that the game is absolutely brilliant, the handling is the best its been in a long long time! If you can fix these things in a patch it will be even better and make the game even more enjoyable.
What about the volume of your own car, especially at the start or driving in a pack?

I have already red, that the volume needs to be louder.
Moreover it is necessray to have an option in order to control the enviroment sounds and the other cars seperately IMHO.

For me it is totally impossible to drive a car like the Force India besides other cars, as the own engine is overlayed by the engine sounds of the others. Totally no feel when downshifting and on acceleration. I'm on PS4. Really annoying, that volumes are that wrong and actually not correctable...
Lots of weirdness when using flashbacks: When you flashback, often AI drivers that are currently in the pits end up right in the middle of the start finish straight. Very easy to recreate on any Practice sessions
MarkVenom said:
Wowza! I just read through the list of bugs the OP reported so far. And I am totally blown away. You guys realize there is no patch in the world, that could fix all of this right?

Most of that requires going back to the drawing board of the engine. F1 is done guys. I would not be surprised if CM would now drop the license all together as the sales will be so bad, that it is not justifiable anymore from a business viewpoint. 

The fact, that CM laid off or reviews 50+ positions in the company and had their CEO leave won't help. It goes to show, that there are monetary issues. I play Nostradamus now and predict CM to go into liquidation within the next 2-5 years.

Mark my words guys, mark my words. Sad world.

In your dreams, do you really think there's only us on this forum that buy's this game. Try giving some constructive point of view.
A bug I have just noticed, which i couldn't see on the list, is when going down the pit exit (with pit assist on) in championship mode, The car sticks in gear 2 just hitting the rev limiter which results in a damaged engine and slower lap. This is when its automatically controlled. Happens mostly or most noticable when on tracks with long pit exit (Spain, Monza etc).

Other issues I have had -
* When in-race, If my screen gets minimized for some reason, If I click back in, my resolution changes to 1600x# from my normal 1920x1080 which I then have to change in the settings back to normal. When I do this the game crashes every time.

* The AI are absolutely mental on Monaco. Usually about 5-6 don't make it round the first lap in-tact. They need to be less aggressive there. Everyone ends up with a penalty.
Xbox one. The first two I've seen repeated frequently on this forum, but the third happened to me today. 

1. Engineer so quiet can barely hear him, (cockpit can, a bit better in t-cam, but still too quiet) even with all other volumes turned down and voice at max. 

2. Exiting pit pit lane at Melbourne, (pro difficulty setting, championship mode) car stays in 2nd gear until end of pit lane exit, then returns to manual. Doesn't happen in quick race though.

3. During qualifying the session runs its time, it's says on screen qualifying over, my lap is slower than previous lap so I return to pits and am wheeled into the garage to see 40 seconds remaining, several cars on track setting better times. 

Other than the above I'm thoroughly enjoying the game, the handling and AI are great.

Would love to see the safety car patched in, and ALL THREE PRACTICE SESSIONS in championship season, this again is something we've been screaming for since it was removed in 2012. It's in Pro Season, please put it in championship season for those of us who cannot compete with legend AI.

****EDIT**** 

and a weather forecast for the weekend ahead, right now we're going into each session completely blind!  

In Time Trial it seems only the first laptime appeara on the leaderboards. Have seen this on several circuits. Strated out with a 1.16 on Brazil and fastest lap was a low 1.13. Only the first laptime appears on leaderboards. 

PS4 no assists on. 
Does parc ferme rules mean you start the raCe on the tires you set your best time on in Q2 should you make it through to Q3? Engineer makes no mention of it and you can choose options or primes if your starting in the top ten? Makes no sense of your applying parc ferme rules 
as far as I know yes unless the race is held in different condition ie. it's raining

Playing on X1:

Not sure if this a bug or not but i find that when i hit the wall slightly it spins me around rapidly.

AI wouldn't budge on a long straight after being blue flagged all the way - i was overtaking Alonso - Career Mode

Names of drivers started appearing in front (only labels) (on top of each other) when the race just begun and i was in P1 all the way - Career Mode

I believe that corner cutting penalties in time trial are too strict.

Being told that a driver has lost he's tyre when you drive past him he has nothing wrong with he's car apart from him going slow. AI overtake under yellow flags and get no Penalty this sometimes happens. AI drive into you and cause you to crash. 

I have to admit I do enjoy seeing when AI crash into eachother
Here's an interesting one: change the resolution (PC version) to 800x600 (don't ask why!) and it'll crash the Nvidia driver kernal when loading (Belgium time trial with rain and 2015 Ferrari). Works fine at my native 2560x1440 though.

Using driver 353.30 on 980 GTX with ROG Swift GSYNC monitor.

You have to reboot and possibly reapply Nvidia Experience optimisations to get the game to even boot again.

Archived