Jump to content Jump to content

Let me turn corner cut penalties off in career mode


DarkRedslayer

Recommended Posts

Regular is awfully lenient. I don't really see use in having anything more forgiving than it.

Actually, I'd like a middle ground between regular and strict, because the latter is far too damn strict. At the end, neither option is realistic, for opposite reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the problem isn't that regular is to soft and strict is to harsh. The problem is more that the game doesn't consider if it's a time loss or an advantage.

For example i raced at Canada. Started in midfield. To avoid a crash in turn 1 i needed to go straight and cut turn 2 completely. I fully stopped my car in between and let the whole field pass to reenter the track safely. After i was back on track i got a time penalty for corner cutting, but i lost seven places and a lot of time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 12:20 AM, marioho said:

Reducing the Gameplay Settings > Corner Cutting Stringency to Regular isn't enough?

Genuine question. I've always played on Strict so I don't know how big of a leeway dialing it down gives.

Regular setting let you to cut corners like huge u can go to grass 4 wheels and it doesn't give u penalty xD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

I think the problem isn't that regular is to soft and strict is to harsh. The problem is more that the game doesn't consider if it's a time loss or an advantage.

It usually does. I've had warnings/penalties where it's definitely saving time but nothing when I was going slowly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

I think the problem isn't that regular is to soft and strict is to harsh. The problem is more that the game doesn't consider if it's a time loss or an advantage.

For example i raced at Canada. Started in midfield. To avoid a crash in turn 1 i needed to go straight and cut turn 2 completely. I fully stopped my car in between and let the whole field pass to reenter the track safely. After i was back on track i got a time penalty for corner cutting, but i lost seven places and a lot of time.

That is a huge factor, but looks like it's not what OP was on about.

As @GnrDreagon said I think the game tries to simulate that as there are indeed several instances where I end up with more wheels than I'd like outside the track when jostling with competition and the game gives me a free pass.

I don't have much to say about how accurate or consistent it is as I don't usually go back to the replays to check if indeed I went outside, nor am I one to really care about knowing all the track boundaries, all the tracks. I know I'm leaving time on the table this way, but basically I assume that I can put two wheels on the kerbs to use the full width of the track on corner exit and that if there's a strip of grippy tarmac or paint beyond the kerbs, like um Hungary, I can put a wheel there too.

2 hours ago, ZtwoA said:

Regular setting let you to cut corners like huge u can go to grass 4 wheels and it doesn't give u penalty xD 

Let the game put styrofoam boards there and you can bet I'm putting it on Regular just to make it Christmas every Sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 7:11 PM, petro1319 said:

I dont see why this is necessary.  You have a rewind function for a reason, why not use it?  That being said though, if you cut the corner you cut it.. take your penalty.  I just dont see the need for this

Because rewinding is a waste of time and takes my focus away? I don't care if /you/ think its necessary, as I am not you.

13 hours ago, ZtwoA said:

Regular setting let you to cut corners like huge u can go to grass 4 wheels and it doesn't give u penalty xD 

I don't know where you're doing that, because it gives me warnings/penalties when following the real F1 rules, where I still have inside tires on the line or curbs. Its really annoying on france, a track I hate anyway.

 

Also, if we have to have penalties on, I think we should have to play in cockpit cam, I don't know why you'd need any other view after all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, DarkRedslayer said:

Because rewinding is a waste of time and takes my focus away? I don't care if /you/ think its necessary, as I am not you.

I don't know where you're doing that, because it gives me warnings/penalties when following the real F1 rules, where I still have inside tires on the line or curbs. Its really annoying on france, a track I hate anyway.

 

Also, if we have to have penalties on, I think we should have to play in cockpit cam, I don't know why you'd need any other view after all.

No need to be harsh on others, pal. This is a player community, not consumer service. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and so far looks like there ain't many under your flag. Not very productive to be throwing the "I don't care" stone on others' roof in this case.

I'd be lying if I said I booted up the replay everytime I got a warning or time penalty for corner cutting or leaving the tracks, but I remember getting out with a "oh I see" impression the few times I did so. There are infamous instances of specific corners being way off, but on the whole it's not very often I see people disagreeing with the game enforcement of track limits. Penalties, sure, I've seen it popping up occasionally. But not track limits.

That last bit about cockpit cam though I honestly have no idea where you're coming from if you think that's a reasonable comparison to make. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DarkRedslayer said:

 

I don't know where you're doing that, because it gives me warnings/penalties when following the real F1 rules, where I still have inside tires on the line or curbs. Its really annoying on france, a track I hate anyway.

Mexico, france, australia, austra, everywhere

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DarkRedslayer said:

Because rewinding is a waste of time and takes my focus away? I don't care if /you/ think its necessary, as I am not you.

I don't know where you're doing that, because it gives me warnings/penalties when following the real F1 rules, where I still have inside tires on the line or curbs. Its really annoying on france, a track I hate anyway.

 

Also, if we have to have penalties on, I think we should have to play in cockpit cam, I don't know why you'd need any other view after all.

Then I guess I don't care about you wanting codemasters to spend time changing their version of the F1 rules around corner cutting.    I mean, if you can't run laps without cutting corners or going wide in the game and dont want to take advantage of the flashback system that allows you to go back and fix your mistakes driving a lap, then I'm not sure what to tell you.   All I hear is that you want your own version of the game with no rules so you dont have to worry about driving the track properly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2020 at 9:56 PM, marioho said:

No need to be harsh on others, pal. This is a player community, not consumer service. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and so far looks like there ain't many under your flag. Not very productive to be throwing the "I don't care" stone on others' roof in this case.

I'd be lying if I said I booted up the replay everytime I got a warning or time penalty for corner cutting or leaving the tracks, but I remember getting out with a "oh I see" impression the few times I did so. There are infamous instances of specific corners being way off, but on the whole it's not very often I see people disagreeing with the game enforcement of track limits. Penalties, sure, I've seen it popping up occasionally. But not track limits.

That last bit about cockpit cam though I honestly have no idea where you're coming from if you think that's a reasonable comparison to make. 

I will be harsh with any clown that comes in here and just acts like all the clowns in this thread "Oh hurr durr its not needed because I don't need it" and "Hurpidy derp I'm an ass clown you should just fix your driving" Cancerous community, and then have the audacity to say I am being harsh lol.

I don't have a lot of time to play, I can't sit here for hours on end practicing, so I am not going to eat a 5 second penalty and have the one race I get the chance to run during the week ruined.

As for the cockpit cam, I don't need other views so why should they be in the game, that's the general theme of the responses, that I should play the game how others think I should, so therefore others should play the game how I think they should. So cockpit cam only and no controller support, because I don't need it, or want it, no one else should either.

I can turn the penalties off in online leagues so it makes no sense to not be able to turn them off when it would literally effect no one but myself. Especially since I want to change it so I can actually do things that are WITHIN THE DAMN RULES OF REAL F1.

In this game Albon would have received a penalty for this

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2020 at 1:50 AM, DarkRedslayer said:

Because rewinding is a waste of time and takes my focus away? I don't care if /you/ think its necessary, as I am not you.

I don't know where you're doing that, because it gives me warnings/penalties when following the real F1 rules, where I still have inside tires on the line or curbs. Its really annoying on france, a track I hate anyway.

 

Also, if we have to have penalties on, I think we should have to play in cockpit cam, I don't know why you'd need any other view after all.

I’ve never heard something more stupid. Your clearly a bad player 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DarkRedslayer said:

I will be harsh with any clown that comes in here and just acts like all the clowns in this thread "Oh hurr durr its not needed because I don't need it" and "Hurpidy derp I'm an ass clown you should just fix your driving" Cancerous community, and then have the audacity to say I am being harsh lol.

Sorry, but the only one being cancerous here is you.

It's not just the aggressive nature of your reply either, it's your entire attitude to video games which can be seen with the following quote.

4 hours ago, DarkRedslayer said:

I don't have a lot of time to play, I can't sit here for hours on end practicing, so I am not going to eat a 5 second penalty and have the one race I get the chance to run during the week ruined.

I mean there was a time when people accepted that they needed to put time and effort into something to be any good at it. Now you just have to whinge until it gets changed to suit your needs. Or whinge until they put a microtransaction in, allowing you to skip 'the grind' as you casuals call it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DarkRedslayer said:

I will be harsh with any clown that comes in here and just acts like all the clowns in this thread "Oh hurr durr its not needed because I don't need it" and "Hurpidy derp I'm an ass clown you should just fix your driving" Cancerous community, and then have the audacity to say I am being harsh lol.

I don't have a lot of time to play, I can't sit here for hours on end practicing, so I am not going to eat a 5 second penalty and have the one race I get the chance to run during the week ruined.

As for the cockpit cam, I don't need other views so why should they be in the game, that's the general theme of the responses, that I should play the game how others think I should, so therefore others should play the game how I think they should. So cockpit cam only and no controller support, because I don't need it, or want it, no one else should either.

I can turn the penalties off in online leagues so it makes no sense to not be able to turn them off when it would literally effect no one but myself. Especially since I want to change it so I can actually do things that are WITHIN THE DAMN RULES OF REAL F1.

In this game Albon would have received a penalty for this

 

Yep, and the only reason Albon didn't get a penalty this year, is because the track limits for Silverstone were changed this year to include kerbing as part of the track. The game doesn't reflect this, but before this year, it would have been going outside track limits

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen a particularly good argument or reason as to why single player modes in modern F1 games do not have the option to play without the rules. (In this case an option to turn corner cutting rules off.) Funny how we've gotten away from one of the things that was appealing about the older games which was the ability to just disregard the rules in hilariously absurd ways. Who are people to judge that the only way to enjoy a racing game is to play by the 'realistic rules?'

Man I remember the paintball code in Nascar 98 that spun out your competition being the most fun I ever had with a Nascar game. You just don't see that kind of thing anymore and you probably never will again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

I haven't seen a particularly good argument or reason as to why single player modes in modern F1 games do not have the option to play without the rules. (In this case an option to turn corner cutting rules off.) Funny how we've gotten away from one of the things that was appealing about the older games which was the ability to just disregard the rules in hilariously absurd ways. Who are people to judge that the only way to enjoy a racing game is to play by the 'realistic rules?'

Man I remember the paintball code in Nascar 98 that spun out your competition being the most fun I ever had with a Nascar game. You just don't see that kind of thing anymore and you probably never will again.

the game is attempting to accurately reflect the rules of the real sport.  That's the reason the rules are in the game.  It's really that simple.  How that isn't a good argument is beyond me. 

If you want a racing game with no rules, play Forza Horizon 4.  You can drive through trees, rivers, lakes, etc etc etc  What you're after is an arcade experience, not an F1 racing experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Thread to be closed and locked, as, for some, this has gone past a discussion and has taken on a abusive tone. 

For my thoughts on the subject: practice makes perfect. Regular corner cutting settings should more than cover your need here, and is was the original setting I used when I only played single player pre F1-2018. That covered my 'interesting' interpretation of track limits for my Career mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • BarryBL locked and pinned this topic
  • BarryBL unpinned this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...