Fuel Startegy issue

So how do I prevent from being extremely under fueled at the race start strategy? No matter how I do the race strategy programme, and the fuel programme during free practice, I keep getting under fueled. When that happens, the max fuel setting on the slider, is already under fueled, so running rich mix is very limited throughout the race..... under fueled. Figured I’d say it one more time 😁

This is serious though. 

One decisive factor in skewing the fuel load range available for you is the way you do the race strategy programme, so it would be helpful to know what you that "no matter how I do..." actually entails.

The standard fuel mode is the optimal mix for efficiency and power. Lean mix is intended just so save fuel on the go, like under a safety car or if you anticipate needing some extra for a bit more of power for defending or overtaking in a couple laps.

Rich mix is helluva inefficient both for component wear and fuel consumption. It is not for constant use, but to be turned on when in scenarios where your car is power limited. So basically straights or stretches you take full throttle. The usage is akin to that of the Overtake mode, short bursts.

This is probably useless comments. It's just that I've never seen someone running the race strategy programme on standard fuel mix and the majority of the race on standard fuel mix and having big issues with not being able to properly fuel the car.

Do you use the personalized strategy or the projected strategy? I always get way more fuel load if I choose personalized strategy

Just some quick notes. Three laps on Hungary done completely under one fuel setting. Sorry, not the best test track for this issue but that's the save I had booted up on GP mode already.

Fuel consumption and projection as recorded by a telemetry app, units in kg:

image.thumb.png.e97a23c11aeddf3f120d9edca1812319.png

The maximum fuel allowance as per FIA regs is 110kg. And you have F1 teams doing deliberate choices on their paint materials to save on a couple hundred grams of weight.

"The reason is not aesthetic, but exclusively technical," explained Binotto.

"Eliminating the shiny element gives us a few hundred grams, which may not sound like much, but when you push everything to the limit even this has an effect."

I don't think the game should keep on fiddling with the maximum fuel load the player can put in their tanks, expecting to rely on rich fuel mix doesn't seem feasible to me.

1 hour ago, BelgiumDude said:

Do you use the personalized strategy or the projected strategy? I always get way more fuel load if I choose personalized strategy

That only changes my tire strategy. Fuel remains the same. I think. I’ll check later on. Thanks. 

Edited by DirtDiver25
Typo

I don’t like using rich mix a lot, mainly to conserve my engine components, but I don’t like relying on OT to catch up/keep up with other cars on straights.