R&D points limit

Can anyone tell me why you can't earn R&D points after you reach Level 35 in the F1 Mobile app? It may be a software limitation but it does make other parts of the game somewhat redundant. For example, with over 90,000 Resource Points already accumulated by me, it means many of the available Challenges have no purpose, as all they give you are additional R&D and Resource Points - R&D points that cannot be used for any purpose.

I did not know that.  Level 35 equals how many R&D points, 72?  I presume you can still use the Resource Points to upgrade performance parts, but it sounds like the R&D must max out and render XP gained useless.  What is your PI?  

At the moment the PI for my high speed tracks is 2071. I found this bit of information from Codemasters:

Level 35 is currently the highest level, so it is not possible to exceed this. Once you have reached this (for accumulating 1,274,700 points) earning more XP will make no difference to your level.

This might explain the reason, but it still doesnt address the areas of the game made redundant due to this limitation. It has certainly made my interest in the game much less as it makes progress so much more difficult.

Edited by GrDo

Well, that dwarfs my PI so I know what I need to target.  You're right about the redundancy and that would be a letdown not having another R&D level to chase.  That next R&D level always seems like a guaranteed boost in car performance that is just around the corner.  I guess it's a little like Cup Points maxing out at 9999.  The game has ceilings, unlike real driving.