Jump to content
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Will F1 2020 look better on PS5?

Recommended Posts

Will the game have better graphics when played on PS5? Im planning on upgrading to PS5 so just wanted to know if there will be any difference 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MirzaG said:

Will the game have better graphics when played on PS5? Im planning on upgrading to PS5 so just wanted to know if there will be any difference 

we don't know it f1 2020 will be out on ps5 so 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There could be less issues with loading high quality textures and less dynamic resolution scaling. The current consoles are struggling with loading the textures at times... or at least I've heard something like that from people that play F1 games on a console.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2020 at 9:32 PM, MirzaG said:

Will the game have better graphics when played on PS5? Im planning on upgrading to PS5 so just wanted to know if there will be any difference 

Maybe won't be too different how it is actually mate but you Will be able to play it at 4k and 60 frame rate constantly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact we haven‘t heard from Codemasters yet doesn‘t seem to bold well. The fact BarryBL hasn‘t replied however doesn‘t surprise me one bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than agonising over any minor graphics boosts that could come through backwards compatibility on PS5 or XBOX Series S/X, we should just accept that F1 2020 is how it is and look forward to what we can get from a fully purpose-built next-gen entry for the series in the future that will take full advantage of the new hardware.

3 hours ago, AllenB2609 said:

The fact we haven‘t heard from Codemasters yet doesn‘t seem to bold well. The fact BarryBL hasn‘t replied however doesn‘t surprise me one bit.

This is a really ugly attitude I've seen from a minority of users on here and it needs calling out.

Barry is CM staff, yes, but that doesn't mean he's some sort of butler who is obliged to respond to every thread about every minor gripe and suggestion. We're lucky that we have this space to express our views on the game with CM in good faith and get feedback and info from Barry and have him pass on our problems to developers for investigation.

They don't have to give us this space to discuss the games. It's absolutely fine to have issues with the games and express concerns about the series or things you think could be better, but you should do it respectfully and you certainly shouldn't snap your fingers and demand that Barry come to give you an answer about everything. I hope you don't treat service staff in everyday life with that little respect too.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Blent said:

Lol das mRather than agonising over any minor graphics boosts that could come through backwards compatibility on PS5 or XBOX Series S/X, we should just accept that F1 2020 is how it is and look forward to what we can get from a fully purpose-built next-gen entry for the series in the future that will take full advantage of the new hardware.

This is a really ugly attitude I've seen from a minority of users on here and it needs calling out.

Barry is CM staff, yes, but that doesn't mean he's some sort of butler who is obliged to respond to every thread about every minor gripe and suggestion. We're lucky that we have this space to express our views on the game with CM in good faith and get feedback and info from Barry and have him pass on our problems to developers for investigation.

They don't have to give us this space to discuss the games. It's absolutely fine to have issues with the games and express concerns about the series or things you think could be better, but you should do it respectfully and you certainly shouldn't snap your fingers and demand that Barry come to give you an answer about everything. I hope you don't treat service staff in everyday life with that little respect too.

It’s proper customer treatment to tell your consumers if F1 2020 is playable on next gen consoles and if save files transfer. Codemasters should know by now and by letting the customers know in time they can prepare accordingly.

And who says I‘m demanding anything? At this stage I’m just used to not getting information on relevant topics. So it‘s just my 50 cents. You can take it with a grain of salt. Feel free.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all will know in time. People act like if CM is lagging behind other publishers. Yes, we've had a few step out and say how things will go with the next gen transition.

But I've got a pile of games on my shelf that I have not the remotest idea on performance patches, visual upgrades or save compatibility. Heck, not even official confirmation on backwards compatibility, even though that's practically a given.

We all want the same thing. It's the attitude that varies and that matters a lot. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There will probably be no support for PS5. If you think like a developer of a yearly franchise then it makes no sense to have PS5 support. The initial PS5 user base will be limited and you are just months away from F1 2021. The question should be "Will F1 2021 be a PS5 supported game?"

 

Just my 50 cents

Edited by BelgiumDude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

If you think like a developer of a yearly franchise then it makes no sense to have PS5 support. The initial PS5 user base will be limited and you are just months away from F1 2021.

I agree, in about 6-7 months they’ll anounce F1 2021 and there will be no more need for F1 2020 on PS5. So upgrading would be a waste of time, effort and money. 
 

But by that logic, they shouldn’t have a item shop in their game either. But that’s just waisted money from the consumers.. and who gives a **** about them anyway..

Greed > customer service everytime!

And that’s just my 2 cents.. I hope I’m wrong though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2020 at 11:06 AM, UP100 said:

There could be less issues with loading high quality textures and less dynamic resolution scaling. The current consoles are struggling with loading the textures at times... or at least I've heard something like that from people that play F1 games on a console.

Having tons of problems with this on PS4. Textures take forever to load or sometimes don't even load properly at all. Tried it on the internal hard drive and my external one, same results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AllenB2609 said:

The fact we haven‘t heard from Codemasters yet doesn‘t seem to bold well. The fact BarryBL hasn‘t replied however doesn‘t surprise me one bit.

I don't think there is anything he can say. custservice@codemasters.com is your best bet, and even they may not be able to answer the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 12:31 PM, AllenB2609 said:

It’s proper customer treatment to tell your consumers if F1 2020 is playable on next gen consoles and if save files transfer. Codemasters should know by now

I'm not convinced this last bit is true. They may well not have had access to a PS5 yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 11:34 AM, keremozcann said:

Can we play f1 with ps4 players on ps5

Why would you not be able to? If F1 2020 is a PS4 title and the PS5 has PS4 compatibility (99% of titles, but nothing from PS3 or earlier) then you matchmake on the same system (PSN).

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to take a guess here.. there will be and updated version paid for 10 bucks or so, just to take it to dirty level more or less... They just need to uncap de frame rate (witch is the case on cutscenes)... I am convinced the issue on textures are platform limits related ... So they just let the game eats more .... On the other possibility they ll just allow freely to feed.from smart delivery and ps4 boost mode ... 

F1 2020 can't stay like this since it will live for 6 months on next gen. 

 

Here is an idea, real f1 2021 will be a bridge from 2020 and next gen cars (real life ).

If I were CM I would just update slightly f1 2020 and add 2021 (is a perfectly fine and beautiful game like it is ) it's just stopped by current gen consoles (even xbox x)

Good bye jaguar cores and mechanical disk, specially on sony s side , they made magic to extract that much power (tsushima for example)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, steviejay69 said:

Why would you not be able to? If F1 2020 is a PS4 title and the PS5 has PS4 compatibility (99% of titles, but nothing from PS3 or earlier) then you matchmake on the same system (PSN).

That’s actually a serious topic. In my league we already discussed how we deal with the fact that 50% stick with PS4 and 50% switch to PS5 and still manage to do our league races. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 12:45 AM, Maxsirman83 said:

I am going to take a guess here.. there will be and updated version paid for 10 bucks or so, just to take it to dirty level more or less... They just need to uncap de frame rate (witch is the case on cutscenes)... I am convinced the issue on textures are platform limits related ... So they just let the game eats more .... On the other possibility they ll just allow freely to feed.from smart delivery and ps4 boost mode ... 

F1 2020 can't stay like this since it will live for 6 months on next gen. 

 

Here is an idea, real f1 2021 will be a bridge from 2020 and next gen cars (real life ).

If I were CM I would just update slightly f1 2020 and add 2021 (is a perfectly fine and beautiful game like it is ) it's just stopped by current gen consoles (even xbox x)

Good bye jaguar cores and mechanical disk, specially on sony s side , they made magic to extract that much power (tsushima for example)

 

Cutscenes are **** on PC too. It's not framerate it's the way those cutscenes have the textures added. It's highly unoptimised to be kind to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Cutscenes are **** on PC too. It's not framerate it's the way those cutscenes have the textures added. It's highly unoptimised to be kind to it.

That just might be the only logical explanation as to why they removed so many for this year 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubt it. They haven't said anything about a next gen patch. It will probably load a bit quicker, faster texture loading times and that's it. Basically the PS4 version played in a PS5.

 

Hopefully next year is a next gen only title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Furbii said:

Doubt it. They haven't said anything about a next gen patch. It will probably load a bit quicker, faster texture loading times and that's it. Basically the PS4 version played in a PS5.

 

Hopefully next year is a next gen only title.

They could at least "unlock" a higher texture quality or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know about station 5 but know the Xbox will play any Xbox game from the original games to latest . I've been thinking about getting rid of pc and getting the Xbox if the have any in stock . Still in 2 minds about it at min playing 4k medium setting with an 115 FPS the game is stunning just not sure if will get same quality and performance to my pc although the specs of the Xbox are better than the hardware I've got . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×