F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Will F1 2020 look better on PS5?

14 hours ago, PaulLynch said:

Don't know about station 5 but know the Xbox will play any Xbox game from the original games to latest . I've been thinking about getting rid of pc and getting the Xbox if the have any in stock . Still in 2 minds about it at min playing 4k medium setting with an 115 FPS the game is stunning just not sure if will get same quality and performance to my pc although the specs of the Xbox are better than the hardware I've got . 

I wouldn't go there if you plan to use a wheel, and especially a Fanatec set up.  Xbox has subpar Fanatec wheel support when compared to PS4 or PC (at least in my experience).  Specifically, the problem is that the Xbox OS does not fully implement the Fanatec SDK so F1 2020 (or any racing game for that matter) will not recognize any of the extra wheel buttons beyond the "controller buttons" on the Fanatec rims.  So, for example, the higher-end Fanatec F1 rims come with tons of extra buttons that you can map to anything on PC or PS4.  It is awesome, but it's not supported on an Xbox.  Shoot, even on a standard CSL Elite stock rim you have to deal with LT/RT being hard-coded to brake/gas on Xbox, whereas on a PlayStation you are free to remap those buttons to other functions and it frees up two more buttons.  I think the LB/RB have the same problem, if memory serves.  Basically, the PC and PS4 recognize the pedals as separate inputs, but the Xbox will not.  I went around with Fanatec support about it a year or so ago and they said it was Microsoft's problem that they didn't implement the support.  I wonder if they bothered to fix that with Series X wheel support?

PC obviously offers the best compatibility of all.  Not sure if any of this matters to you, or if you use or plan to use Fanatec. But something to consider if you are thinking of going Xbox with Fanatec gear at some point!  

Edited by BadFlounder
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, BadFlounder said:

I wouldn't go there if you plan to use a wheel, and especially a Fanatec set up.  Xbox has subpar Fanatec wheel support when compared to PS4 or PC (at least in my experience).  Specifically, the problem is that the Xbox OS does not fully implement the Fanatec SDK so F1 2020 (or any racing game for that matter) will not recognize any of the extra wheel buttons beyond the "controller buttons" on the Fanatec rims.  So, for example, the higher-end Fanatec F1 rims come with tons of extra buttons that you can map to anything on PC or PS4.  It is awesome, but it's not supported on an Xbox.  Shoot, even on a standard CSL Elite stock rim you have to deal with LT/RT being hard-coded to brake/gas on Xbox, whereas on a PlayStation you are free to remap those buttons to other functions and it frees up two more buttons.  I think the LB/RB have the same problem, if memory serves.  Basically, the PC and PS4 recognize the pedals as separate inputs, but the Xbox will not.  I went around with Fanatec support about it a year or so ago and they said it was Microsoft's problem that they didn't implement the support.  I wonder if they bothered to fix that with Series X wheel support?

PC obviously offers the best compatibility of all.  Not sure if any of this matters to you, or if you use or plan to use Fanatec. But something to consider if you are thinking of going Xbox with Fanatec gear at some point!  

Aye I'm more of a joypad player me self . Thought about a wheel a couple times . But over the past few years I just haven't been into the game as used to be . At the min it's just a casual play mainly when the race weekends are on I know my pc set up isn't a shabby one and know you can do way more with an pc . But I've had problems with it since I built it at the start of year mainly went the pc route cause of mods . But funny thing is I haven't installed one mod on any game apart from rdr2 buy even them I never used . And on top of that I think I've got an failing graphics card and it's only 6 month old . Which I'm going have to send back which I could be waiting months for it back . And I'm gonna need something for me gaming fix . But aye cheers for the info m8