DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Deleting Racenet account - What are the consequences?

I have contacted support and asked them to fix my name that is wrong. 

I have always had Eagleizer as name in my games and in my Steam account, but with the old 

forum here at Codemasters, any name with "Eagle" in it was denied. (NASA also had this strange 

limit).  So I made an account called Flattjern for the forum only. I never asked for that to be 

my name on Racenet, and obviously, my name here is now registered as Eagleizer.

So the problem is this: 

I race on PC, and my name on the PC leaderboards is Eagleizer, as expected, but for people

on Playstation it's Flattjern. 😛 Support say they can do nothing about it, and only way to fix

it is to delete my Racenet account and create a new. I have lots of friends there, and also 

all events and stuff from DiRT Rally (1). I could always take care of my friends list, but what

other things are deleted when deleting the account? 

Good question.

Simple answer from me is... I don't know.

I've asked an expert though so when I learn more you will too 😉 

If you delete youre RaceNet-Account, you will at least lose everything in My Team in DiRT Rally 2.0.
All cars in garage + stats + upgrades and all engineer progress.

Not sure about DiRT Rally 1.

18 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Good question.

Thanks! 

16 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

If you delete youre RaceNet-Account, you will at least lose everything in My Team in DiRT Rally 2.0.
All cars in garage + stats + upgrades and all engineer progress.

Not sure about DiRT Rally 1.

Thanks!

How about leaderboards? I have somewhere around 200 world records in both games, and

would hate to lose registration on the leaderboards.

5 hours ago, Eagleizer said:

Thanks! 

Thanks!

How about leaderboards? I have somewhere around 200 world records in both games, and

would hate to lose registration on the leaderboards.

Good question.
I doubt they would be erased from the leaderboards, but I wouldn't risk it.

But you could just create a new RaceNet-Account, de-link your old and link your new to the game.
This way you SHOULD keep your leaderboard records on the board.
But just wait until @PJTierney gets information about this from the guys, who build that system.

Everything would be easier, if we could just change our names.
I also would like to change my name, so it is the same like my xbox gamertag.

On 10/3/2020 at 11:11 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Good question.
I doubt they would be erased from the leaderboards, but I wouldn't risk it.

But you could just create a new RaceNet-Account, de-link your old and link your new to the game.
This way you SHOULD keep your leaderboard records on the board.
But just wait until @PJTierney gets information about this from the guys, who build that system.

Everything would be easier, if we could just change our names.
I also would like to change my name, so it is the same like my xbox gamertag.

Thanks for your input. Seems I'll have to wait for a while for an answer to this.

Seems Codies are lost in their own code.. 😛 How can they not fix it so the name

that you have actually registered with the game is the one displayed? I never asked

to be called FlattJern on other platforms. Running eSports and not being able to

display the correct name of the players is pretty serious. Never heard of anything

like it. And this problem was discussed more than a year ago during the World Series,

so it's not like Codies have not had time to do something about it.  

But again, how is it that Codies don't even know what the consequences of deleting

the RaceNet account are? 

Cheers 🙂

On 10/2/2020 at 11:01 PM, PJTierney said:

Good question.

How can such a simple question take 3 weeks to answer?

20 hours ago, Eagleizer said:

How can such a simple question take 3 weeks to answer?

Just checked and my contact is out of office all this week. When I have an answer, I'll let you know.

On 10/14/2020 at 2:52 PM, Eagleizer said:

But again, how is it that Codies don't even know what the consequences of deleting

the RaceNet account are? 

It's more "The social media manager doesn't know the consequences," which to me seems pretty reasonable.  It's hardly a common request.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shortspecialbus said:

It's more "The social media manager doesn't know the consequences," which to me seems pretty reasonable.  It's hardly a common request.

The social media manager asked an expert about it two and a half weeks ago though.

2 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

The social media manager asked an expert about it two and a half weeks ago though.

And the expert's been busy on other things (and is on Annual Leave this week) 🙂 

I've sent a reminder, and when I get a confirmed answer I'll post it here.

On 10/22/2020 at 3:41 PM, PJTierney said:

Just checked and my contact is out of office all this week. When I have an answer, I'll let you know.

Thanks! 

On 10/22/2020 at 7:28 PM, shortspecialbus said:

Maybe not a common request, but the question about wrong name on other platforms is

more than a year old, and nothing have been done to fix it. I am also locked out of World Series 

unless I log in with the account I have been told to delete.  None of my friends who I have asked

are experiencing this.  

Yeah I dunno, I haven't changed my online name in nearly 20 years so I haven't run into a situation like that.  I hope you're able to get it resolved, good luck!

• Thanks 1

If it helps, send a link to this thread and say that I asked you to send the mail, since I was advised by the Rally team to do so.

@PJTierney

I have some additional questions:

1. Is this an offer for Eagleizer only, or could I ask that, too?

2. Does it have any effect on DR2.0 in terms of save game or is there a risk, the game could go crazy with a name change?

3. What happens with leaderboard results? Especially older ones. Have old leaderboard entries the old name, the new name or get erased?

My RaceNet name "UnderclassGDfan" is my old X-Box Live Gamertag, I changed it in 2016 to "PlattfussGDfan" and I would like to "synch" them again to have the same name everywhere in the game.

6 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@PJTierney

I have some additional questions:

1. Is this an offer for Eagleizer only, or could I ask that, too?

2. Does it have any effect on DR2.0 in terms of save game or is there a risk, the game could go crazy with a name change?

3. What happens with leaderboard results? Especially older ones. Have old leaderboard entries the old name, the new name or get erased?

My RaceNet name "UnderclassGDfan" is my old X-Box Live Gamertag, I changed it in 2016 to "PlattfussGDfan" and I would like to "synch" them again to have the same name everywhere in the game.

1. Anyone can email Customer Service, it's apparently a relatively easy change to request.
  2. I am not sure. I would imagine that since it's only for RaceNet data that it'll affect that, but not your core save since that's tied to your Gamertag. that's only my assumption though.
  3. I don't know. 

On 10/28/2020 at 5:34 PM, PJTierney said:

@Eagleizer, I have an answer for you:

• Changing a RaceNet name is something we can do easily on our end.
  • You need to send an email to custservice@codemasters.com
  • DO NOT delete your account, as that deletes all data associated with it (including Club memberships and results).

On 10/28/2020 at 5:35 PM, PJTierney said:

If it helps, send a link to this thread and say that I asked you to send the mail, since I was advised by the Rally team to do so.

Thank you!

• Like 1