F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Nelly Furtado praises codemasters & requests for the return of old pilots

Posted (edited)

The 'I'm Like a Bird' hitmaker lashed out on her return to the codemasters forums to request the return for old pilots to be used in the F1 team career mode, whilst simultaneously applauding Codemasters for the F1 2020 series. 

1649496158_Screenshot2020-10-02at11_02_19.png.69175c6b07dd2cec535e864fc6f0f504.png

"I must applaud codemasters for delivering such an exceptional game during these unprecedented times where it appears that 'all good things' are coming to an end.  I am really enjoying the F1 2020 series, and I believe the developers have done a fantastic job with the addition of the My Team F1 Career Mode gameplay.  However there are some 'Broken Strings' that I would like to address. In particular with the lack of old pilots for use in the F1 2020 my team series. It would be good to have the option of selecting experienced pilots to represent my team such as the Robert Kubica's, Heidfield's, Massa's, Hulkenberger and the Jarno Trulli's of this world.  I do hope that codemasters can take this feedback into account to incorporate experienced old pilots into future editions, otherwise I may need to Turn off the Light." 

Edited by NellyFurtado
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Well, making a feature request in the form of a news report is certainly original...

• Haha 2

Maybe. Did you see Justin Timberlake spearheading NSYNC's victory over the Backstreet Boys on Monaco last weekend?

Hey Nelly. I applaud your request for old/experienced pilots to make a return to F1 2020 but what about old pilots like me from Yorkshire, UK who toil in the F1 2019 version of the game without really knowing what they are doing because F1 technology has changed so much since 1969 and Jackie Stewart and British Racing Green coloured cars? Have a heart love. Spare a thought for on old Brit duffer like me.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Scrogs said:

Hey Nelly. I applaud your request for old/experienced pilots to make a return to F1 2020 but what about old pilots like me from Yorkshire, UK who toil in the F1 2019 version of the game without really knowing what they are doing because F1 technology has changed so much since 1969 and Jackie Stewart and British Racing Green coloured cars? Have a heart love. Spare a thought for on old Brit duffer like me.

I believe people could adapt to new technologies very quickly if given enough support which is an area that's never short in modern F1 team, especially in this situation where the settings is obviously a fantasy, we could imagine these old pilots are at their young age and prime in our game, living the same age as us.

It's similar to some soccer management game I've played long time ago where they had soccer stars from every generation available to scout and hire, but their ages are randomized so they're not following their real ages.

Imagine being able to hire Senna for your team, oh...I can dream right?

Edited by DRTApophis

On 10/2/2020 at 9:48 PM, DRTApophis said:

I believe people could adapt to new technologies very quickly if given enough support which is an area that's never short in modern F1 team, especially in this situation where the settings is obviously a fantasy, we could imagine these old pilots are at their young age and prime in our game, living the same age as us.

It's similar to some Football management game I've played long time ago where they had Football stars from every generation available to scout and hire, but their ages are randomized so they're not following their real ages.

Imagine being able to hire Senna for your team, oh...I can dream right?

Fixed the post for you mate.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Seems like this story is gaining traction in the media. TMZ have already picked up on it.

image.png

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, hsf said:

Fixed the post for you mate.

LOLOLOL I did it to make it less confusing for the Americans!

On 10/5/2020 at 5:12 PM, UP100 said:

Welcome back! 😁

Thank you my dear x

On 10/2/2020 at 8:55 PM, Scrogs said:

I have a lot of sympathy for you @Scrogs and hopefully you will have your needs satisfied in the future editions of the game 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2020 at 1:26 PM, DRTApophis said:

I'm very new to this forum, am I missing something lol?

Nelly Furtado has always been a huge fan of Codemasters' F1 series.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, HDR10 said:

Nelly Furtado has always been a huge fan of Codemasters' F1 series.

Brendan says; "I'm at Leicester now. Things are going great. I don't tend to dwell on the past often, but the fact you never returned my calls kinda hits you in the feels."

Brendan.Rodgers.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 11:32 AM, steviejay69 said:

Brendan says; "I'm at Leicester now. Things are going great. I don't tend to dwell on the past often, but the fact you never returned my calls kinda hits you in the feels."

Brendan.Rodgers.jpg

I do agree with you, I think it might be nice to be able to select different faces as the team owners also if that is what you are implying. That would certainly satisfy my needs, having a plethora of options to choose from 

3 hours ago, NellyFurtado said:

I do agree with you, I think it might be nice to be able to select different faces as the team owners also if that is what you are implying. That would certainly satisfy my needs, having a plethora of options to choose from 

I have it on good authority that Brendon replied: "It's the way you say 'satisfy my needs' and 'plethora'. I'm a man who knows his way around a plethora, let me tell you." But, I've asked him not to post anymore. So I hope that's the end of it.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:09 AM, NellyFurtado said:

The 'I'm Like a Bird' hitmaker lashed out on her return to the codemasters forums to request the return for old pilots to be used in the F1 team career mode, whilst simultaneously applauding Codemasters for the F1 2020 series. 

1649496158_Screenshot2020-10-02at11_02_19.png.69175c6b07dd2cec535e864fc6f0f504.png

"I must applaud codemasters for delivering such an exceptional game during these unprecedented times where it appears that 'all good things' are coming to an end.  I am really enjoying the F1 2020 series, and I believe the developers have done a fantastic job with the addition of the My Team F1 Career Mode gameplay.  However there are some 'Broken Strings' that I would like to address. In particular with the lack of old pilots for use in the F1 2020 my team series. It would be good to have the option of selecting experienced pilots to represent my team such as the Robert Kubica's, Heidfield's, Massa's, Hulkenberger and the Jarno Trulli's of this world.  I do hope that codemasters can take this feedback into account to incorporate experienced old pilots into future editions, otherwise I may need to Turn off the Light." 

Welcome back Nelly and I am Portuguese 😀😀.. agree with you would be awesome we can sign old/retired drivers for our Career mode

On 10/13/2020 at 4:38 AM, CarlosSantos87 said:

Welcome back Nelly and I am Portuguese 😀😀.. agree with you would be awesome we can sign old/retired drivers for our Career mode

Yes I agree, maybe also the experienced reserve driver options for teams too.  I hope to see this factored into future editions of the game

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NellyFurtado said:

Yes I agree, maybe also the experienced reserve driver options for teams too.  I hope to see this factored into future editions of the game

Yeah absolutely agreed 😊.. The Option of choosing and signing a Reserve Drivers is an excellent Idea.. Would be Great for us to be able to swap drivers depending of their respective performance in the middle of the season.. for example if some of them are unperfoming as expected we could replace with the reserve at the end of the season