Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport: Which is Street Circuit Location are you looking forward to playing?

Recommended Posts

unfortunately they can only pick so many circuits tbf I think they've got a good mix put together for Autosport

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Of course, plus streets suit open wheel and v8s/utes since they use a fair few in their respective series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andi said:
Of course, plus streets suit open wheel and v8s/utes since they use a fair few in their respective series.
I wouldn't say that as I'm terrible at Monaco on F1 and I think it's trying to ride the bumps that throw me off. I've only ever won Monaco twice on the F1 games and both times on F1 2012. Road car racing maybe but certainly not open wheel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was sort of with you until that last part.  I agree about G2 tracks (I'm more interested in more tracks than in more cars), but putting out a track or car expansion pack for multiplay but not single play would be a big mistake - like putting out an expansion pack for a platform or two but not all platforms supported in the original release.  Which Codies did in GRID (08) and royally pissed off a lot of fans.  That's one of the old major issues that this team should take to heart.  Don't release any DLCs or expansion packs until they are ready for all platforms and both types of connections - in other words, if you're going to raise the tide make sure it floats ALL the boats.

As for San Franciso and Washington:  very much like old home week.  Detroit:  as far as I can tell it's only for Derby; is that right?

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.  GRID since 2008, and continuing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RubyRuby said:
I was sort of with you until that last part.  I agree about G2 tracks (I'm more interested in more tracks than in more cars), but putting out a track or car expansion pack for multiplay but not single play would be a big mistake - like putting out an expansion pack for a platform or two but not all platforms supported in the original release.  Which Codies did in GRID (08) and royally pissed off a lot of fans.  That's one of the old major issues that this team should take to heart.  Don't release any DLCs or expansion packs until they are ready for all platforms and both types of connections - in other words, if you're going to raise the tide make sure it floats ALL the boats.

As for San Franciso and Washington:  very much like old home week.  Detroit:  as far as I can tell it's only for Derby; is that right?

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.  GRID since 2008, and continuing.
I'm in complete agreement as well I'd rather see DLC made available for everyone too  fair enough if those DLC aer multiplayer only but if any of it can be shifted into singleplayer somehow it definitely adds to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's the derby arena, you can easily tell it from the layout: http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/detroit_0_track.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MTonly said:
RubyRuby said:
I was sort of with you until that last part.  I agree about G2 tracks (I'm more interested in more tracks than in more cars), but putting out a track or car expansion pack for multiplay but not single play would be a big mistake - like putting out an expansion pack for a platform or two but not all platforms supported in the original release.  Which Codies did in GRID (08) and royally pissed off a lot of fans.  That's one of the old major issues that this team should take to heart.  Don't release any DLCs or expansion packs until they are ready for all platforms and both types of connections - in other words, if you're going to raise the tide make sure it floats ALL the boats.
I agree that it's better to have tracks available in both online and offline modes.

My point is that it's better to have all GRID2 tracks at least in Autosport's multiplayer than do not have them in the game at all. Adding tracks to multiplayer may be much easier for developers since multiplayer tracks do not need to be integrated harmoniously and consistently into single-player's career while such single-player integration may need much efforts and these potential efforts may be the only reason for developers not to include all GRID2 tracks into Autosport (at least I don't see any other reasons why some GRID2 tracks are missing in Autosport).
not necessarily if it's just added in as an extra practice track or something just needs to be programmed right so it doesn't segregate everything like the Grid 2/ F1 2013 stuff did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, well I'm impressed with what Codies seem to be putting out in just 13 months.  Not to say that I think it's all good.

Frank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RubyRuby said:
Yeah, well I'm impressed with what Codies seem to be putting out in just 13 months.  Not to say that I think it's all good.

Frank
Yeah I'm pretty impressed with the turnaround CM has done here too maybe from the likes of EA given their resources it could happen but for CM to turn things around this quick is very impressive and they deserve a huge amount of credit with what they've tried to do especially with the quality of the game too as it looks like a very high standard all things considered. I just hope it plays as well as it looks based on the feedback we've got on the press release video's of the game my guess is that it does. Only time can tell though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Does make me wonder if F1 2014 is going to suffer because of this since they basically flat out refuse to talk anything about that game aside from the fact it is happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andi said:
Does make me wonder if F1 2014 is going to suffer because of this since they basically flat out refuse to talk anything about that game aside from the fact it is happening.
I doubt it as they are 2 separate teams yes they both work under the CM label but they are different teams but then I just hope that team does a good job of freshening up the F1 games like the Grid team have done with Autosport because the Grid team have set the bar very high. Especially as the F1 game probably needs more of a freshen up than what Grid probably did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×