Sign in to follow this  

Which Discipline will you start your career with on Grid Autosport

torn between starting with Open wheel and Touring but I think i'll begin with the touring cars so how about everybody else?

Thought about street but I'll probably kick it off with touring, and venture into the other disciplines as I get the urge.

My soul is in Endurance. My heart beats Endurance, my mind thinks about Endurance, my limbs desire Endurance.

Codies maek Endurance DLC stuffs please ;_;

Will be
  1. open wheeler
  2. endurance
  3. touring cars
Then in-between online sessions we'll fill out street and tuner

Most likely touring. Open wheel and endurance are a close 2nd and 3rd though, don't care much for the other 2.

Touring? Because V8 Supercar. Also looking forward to Enduro, Open-Wheel, Tun...screw it, looking forward to it all.

Definitely touring.

Will gradually work my way through from that to Open Wheel, then Endurance (looks quite fun), then Street. I don't really 'feel' Tuner yet although the time-attack modes might get me going eventually.

Will be
  1. open wheeler
  2. endurance
  3. touring cars
Then in-between online sessions we'll fill out street and tuner
yeah those are my main disciplines too. I don't expect to touch tuner much as I suck at drifting although I will have a go at all 5 disciplines Street I may be OK with after a bit of practice but I don't really care that much for that discipline Obviously I think Open wheel is my top discipline as I tend to do best in F1 type cars but racing at night in Endurance intrigues me as well did a spot of Endurance racing yesterday on Shift and F1 as a little bit of practice was a lot of fun too

Please codemasters look at this thread for future reference. Touring / Open Wheel / Endurance have all the votes and so far Tuner / Street have none. Next time more Touring / Open Wheel / Endurance cars and less Tuner / Street cars please

APR193 said:
Please codemasters look at this thread for future reference. Touring / Open Wheel / Endurance have all the votes and so far Tuner / Street have none. Next time more Touring / Open Wheel / Endurance cars and less Tuner / Street cars please
U got a point, but how many of those gamers comes to the forums? 
I for one am not into the tuners and street. 
It's almost also as if I wanna say: -if u wanna do open-wheelers get the F1-game :D

APR193 said:
It's almost also as if I wanna say: -if u wanna do open-wheelers get the F1-game :D
There's a very small portion of the people who will play the game that are on the forums, but its surely got to tell them something hasn't it? And what if like me you like open wheel racing but can't stand F1? I love F3, Formula Ford, Formula Renault and back in the day A1 GP and stuff, but F1 is awful as a sport

APR193 said:
I do know plenty of people that will enjoy the tuner / street stuff though. I know some people in my racing clan that are looking forwards to the hypercars. One guy loves drift events and time attacks so he'll be all over those.

The thing is? I have nothing towards street races. I know that San Fran is going to be fun, especially driving the faster cars like the Supercars or Hypercars, and I'm personally looking forwards to driving the Integra R coupe around. However, in terms of disciplines, touring cars and open-wheelers are just more what I want to do. Endurance I'm interested in just because it's something that's new and holds some form of strategy to it as opposed to the 'drive-flat-out' method that is commonplace without modelled tire wear.

I don't feel Codemasters have made a mistake with including Street and Tuner. Perhaps there are too many cars, but a lot of those are recycled from Grid 2 (the C1 drift cars especially, are the Drift Pack cars from grid 2). It's just that I want to do touring and open-wheel -more- than street racing. :)

APR193 said:
maybe but the beauty of Grid is the fact that you get to race different machines across different disciplines it gives you the option to try different things. I'm primarily an open wheel racer as F1 is the racing game I play most and if I was only interested in that I'd stick with it. Grid and Dirt (fits in this as well) gives the option of racing something outside of the norm so for example I can take a Touring car or a drift machine out for a spin instead of an F1 car. Otherwise CM may as well stick with the F1 series and not give us any more Grids and I think that would be worse. Personally I think they've got this game right in terms of the mix thus far (especially as we can now choose the discipline we want or a mix of them) but I'm going purely on observation though.

I have to agree with @APR193

I am just a touringcar guy. This because it brings real excitement within motorsportracing. Next to that there is a close relation with the fans. Easy to access and the cars that are raced you find regularly on the street. Close action packed door 2 door racing. GT and Endurance I find boring with the exception of the Le Mans 24 Hours. Openwheel I like as well but not as much as touring. Drifting, tuner and hypercars can be cut straight from the game for all I care. Just leave the American Classic Muscle for fun.

GAS will offer a lot of content and I will try them all, except for drifting. Personally I find that no motorsport. It's just a skill, nothing more and it just looks ridiculous. Cars should be raced on tracks and not be waisted by going sideways.

GRID has always been a game that brings multiple forms of motorracing together. I just hope that we will see a real TOCA again in the future.

Look at this weekend's BTCC meeting at Oulton Park. The 2014 BTCC cars and the Super Tourers from the 90ties are there. What if that content would come together in a game. Instant succes? I think so! :D

I'll start with a few street races to begin with slower cars. And city tracks look great.

i agree with oscar , i always start with slower cars in any racing game to elarn handling - tracks and then i go faster cars step by step... :O)

Forgot to mention DD is something I like very much aswell and looking forward how it is in autosport.
Hope they didin't made the same mistake as in grid2 where I sometimes needed to drive the same round 3 times before it count last time I played it eventhough I din't do anything wrong.

I know it is not in career but yeha deffo like DD.   :D

no love for the Tuner discipline yet I see

I'm guessing @justbiglee will probably vote for tuner though given I read he's a bit of a rally nut :p

RobertKNL said:
I'll just do them all in the order they are presented. So, Touring->Endurance->Open Wheel->Street->Tuner->Back to Touring. I want to progress through the disciplines slowly. 
I may do that to yet haven't really decided and I certainly think I'll enjoy all the game modes on the game but I'm certainly thinking to start with my main focus will be on the first 3

i agree with oscar , i always start with slower cars in any racing game to elarn handling - tracks and then i go faster cars step by step... :O)

Lol lets practise first in Sonic Superstars again

:D