Sign in to follow this  

Which Discipline will you start your career with on Grid Autosport

Wow... Tuner seems to be very popular.. LoL. I would love a Full-on ALMS Series game or Continental Tire Series Game. I love touring cars American, Aussey, and European.

Wow... Tuner seems to be very popular.. LoL. I would love a Full-on ALMS Series game or Continental Tire Series Game. I love touring cars American, Aussey, and European.
I think Tuner's more of a rally driver type of discipline really given it's all about drifting and time attack I probably could do time attack OK as that's similar to doing a qualifying lap in F1 in a sense but I suck at drifting I just can't seem to hold the car going sideways without spinning out most of the time whenever I've done those events on other games I'll be giving it a go just as I will all the disciplines but I don't expect to be doing a great deal in that discipline

Academic for me now as I already started in touring :)

Academic for me now as I already started in touring :)
well you've had access to the preview build unfortunately the rest of us don't looking forward to getting my copy though

KazzyMac said:
APR193 said:
Please codemasters look at this thread for future reference. Touring / Open Wheel / Endurance have all the votes and so far Tuner / Street have none. Next time more Touring / Open Wheel / Endurance cars and less Tuner / Street cars please
U got a point, but how many of those gamers comes to the forums? 
I for one am not into the tuners and street. 
It's almost also as if I wanna say: -if u wanna do open-wheelers get the F1-game :D
I do know plenty of people that will enjoy the tuner / street stuff though. I know some people in my racing clan that are looking forwards to the hypercars. One guy loves drift events and time attacks so he'll be all over those.

The thing is? I have nothing towards street races. I know that San Fran is going to be fun, especially driving the faster cars like the Supercars or Hypercars, and I'm personally looking forwards to driving the Integra R coupe around. However, in terms of disciplines, touring cars and open-wheelers are just more what I want to do. Endurance I'm interested in just because it's something that's new and holds some form of strategy to it as opposed to the 'drive-flat-out' method that is commonplace without modelled tire wear.

I don't feel Codemasters have made a mistake with including Street and Tuner. Perhaps there are too many cars, but a lot of those are recycled from Grid 2 (the C1 drift cars especially, are the Drift Pack cars from grid 2). It's just that I want to do touring and open-wheel -more- than street racing. :)
yeah I'm  looking forward to driving the Pagani Zonda R or Revolucion I think it's called in this game been driving it on Shift and it has a rocket of an engine that really flies had to run at half throttle just to keep it under control I'm not a street racer either I usually prefer track races but seeing that car in the Street discipline after driving it on Shift 1 has really wetted my apetite for it

Endurance. With the Le Mans 24H coming up I'm in the mood!

What would be cool if is if your teammate could actually jump in the car and drive/Simulate and do a 12 hr race.

What would be cool if is if your teammate could actually jump in the car and drive/Simulate and do a 12 hr race.

yeah it would but with the way the endurance system is I can't really see that working somehow unless they include an accelerate time feature like they've got in the F1 games

I do like what they've done with the Touring car discipline  in that it has reverse grids if you win round 1 then you go to the back should make life very interesting in that discipline

I'll directly starting to play online. Multiplayer is the most fun :)

SVENOS said:
I'll directly starting to play online. Multiplayer is the most fun :)
well I'll directly be doing a few practice races and laps to get an idea of how the game handles and an idea of the level of AI I want although I think I know the answer to that but when it comes to career mode I'l be opening with the touring cars

no love for the Tuner discipline yet I see

I'm guessing @justbiglee will probably vote for tuner though given I read he's a bit of a rally nut :p

Tuner is pretty good fun, I'm currently smashing @loore on the drift leaderboards

I'm guessing @justbiglee will probably vote for tuner though given I read he's a bit of a rally nut :p

Tuner is pretty good fun, I'm currently smashing @loore on the drift leaderboards
Had a feeling you might be :p @Loore strikes me as a better racer anyway than a drifter given he's got quite a few F1 achievements on his Steam page. I'm looking forward to playing all the disciplines though

APR193 said:
Please codemasters look at this thread for future reference. Touring / Open Wheel / Endurance have all the votes and so far Tuner / Street have none. Next time more Touring / Open Wheel / Endurance cars and less Tuner / Street cars please
Well street has 7 now :D I'm looking forward to all the modes except drift events, so glad that we can choose to not play any modes we don't like this time round unlike Grid 2.

APR193 said:
Well street has 7 now :D I'm looking forward to all the modes except drift events, so glad that we can choose to not play any modes we don't like this time round unlike Grid 2.
Yeah I think that's one of the plus points of this game in that we can pick and choose our events I don't like drifting either although I may be OK at time attack I'll give tuner a go but I doubt I'll do any more than maybe a couple of seasons just to say I've given it a go. Openwheel is probably my strongest discipline as the F1 games I tend to play most whenever I'm in a racing mood and I win most in those I've done a fair bit of Touring cars in the TOCA series and won there in some events not my strongest discipline but a fun one. I've done some Endurance racing in NFS Shift but not too much night racing so I'm intrigued as to how well I'll go here. I think the fact there is practice and qualifying will help people get to grips with the various disciplines as well

I think Tuner's more of a rally driver type of discipline really given it's all about drifting and time attack I probably could do time attack OK as that's similar to doing a qualifying lap in F1 in a sense but I suck at drifting I just can't seem to hold the car going sideways without spinning out most of the time whenever I've done those events on other games I'll be giving it a go just as I will all the disciplines but I don't expect to be doing a great deal in that discipline
I expect I'll be hopping over to the tuner discipline quite often, but I wouldn't want to start there. Since the tuner class is all about precision driving (car control in drift, steady racing lines in time attack, etc.) I would want to have a decent handle on the game before I even think about tackling the tuner discipline. Same with endurance, I want to get to grips with the physics engine first, then make the leap to tire management. This is also why I've chosen touring as my starting point. A little rubbing never hurt anyone in touring cars. :D

I expect I'll be hopping over to the tuner discipline quite often, but I wouldn't want to start there. Since the tuner class is all about precision driving (car control in drift, steady racing lines in time attack, etc.) I would want to have a decent handle on the game before I even think about tackling the tuner discipline. Same with endurance, I want to get to grips with the physics engine first, then make the leap to tire management. This is also why I've chosen touring as my starting point. A little rubbing never hurt anyone in touring cars. :D
yeah I agree that's why I chose to start there as well I was always planning to start either in the touring or open wheel categories as those are the areas I'm most familiar with till I had a handle of the game. I'm not that familiar with Endurance racing but I know of it of course and racing at night intrigues me. I know pretty much all the tracks aside from this Autosport raceway they've added but aside from Yas Marina I've never driven any of them at night. I'll be giving everything a go even the street disciplines too but street and Tuner aren't for me as much fun as the track based disciplines I like them and I still do find them fun don't get me wrong. I'm just more of a fan of getting out there and racing in track based disciplines

Had a feeling you might be :p @Loore strikes me as a better racer anyway than a drifter given he's got quite a few F1 achievements on his Steam page. I'm looking forward to playing all the disciplines though
@Loore is best at the party modes, @Hatta is normally head of the field when we have a racing session on GRID 

everything except drift, I don't understand why this mode is so fashion...

Was tempted to vote Endurance, but I'll start the career in open wheel. As someone who was weaned into motorsports with Indy Car (and NASCAR and NHRA), It seems like the natural move to me.

Speedball said:
Was tempted to vote Endurance, but I'll start the career in open wheel. As someone who was weaned into motorsports with Indy Car (and NASCAR and NHRA), It seems like the natural move to me.
getting into motorsport as an F1 fan I almost chose open wheel probably will do open wheel at some stage just not opening with it.

UTNOVA said:
It isn't but CM think pleasing a few and taking away a bit from the core disciplines is better. The day they finally realise how few people really care about tuner/street/drift and make a proper racing game like TOCA will be a glorious one, this is a step towards that.

Andi said:
UTNOVA said:
It isn't but CM think pleasing a few and taking away a bit from the core disciplines is better. The day they finally realise how few people really care about tuner/street/drift and make a proper racing game like TOCA will be a glorious one, this is a step towards that.
yeah it's about making little steps in the right direction besides at least this time we can leave those disciplines alone if we want to. We can pick and choose where we go at any point I'm not totally ruling out street and tuner and I may do a career at some stage where I focus moer on those disciplines rather than my favourite ones. All I know is that for my first career I'm focusing moer on the track based ones and doing no more than the odd season in the other 2

Andi said:
UTNOVA said:
yeah it's about making little steps in the right direction besides at least this time we can leave those disciplines alone if we want to. We can pick and choose where we go at any point I'm not totally ruling out street and tuner and I may do a career at some stage where I focus moer on those disciplines rather than my favourite ones. All I know is that for my first career I'm focusing moer on the track based ones and doing no more than the odd season in the other 2
I personally think Street will be quite fun and I like doing Time Attacks with friends so there's something in Tuner for that, but on a whole I just prefer proper racing. Each to their own though; I'm going to give them all a go eventually but I know for a fact that -everyone- I know will be doing Touring Cars and Open Wheel. Popularity =P