DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Saving car setups across re-install

I need to rebuild a PC and following the re-install of Dirt 2.0 I'd like to restore all the various car setups I've done for each car/venue. I found a post that suggested these were stored in <steamapps>/dirt 2.0/cars/setups but this isn't true; the folder doesn't exist and there are no obvious files anywhere on the PC that I could find, that store them.

Can someone clarify where they are stored so that I can back them up and restore them afterwards, or am I expected to go through and write them all down before wiping :) ?!

Im like 99% positive that it dont work but maybe you could store the game on another SSD/Harddrive during the install of your new parts and then copy the files back and do a verification of the game files.

The car setups are stored in the profile save files,
<Steam Installation Directory>\Steam\userdata\<Steam User ID>\690790\remote\
(690790 is the dr2.0 gameID)

Backing this folder up and copying it to the new installation should work, if anything.

Thanks all - Steam did indeed back it all up, I took a Steam backup prior to the migration, then on the new PC restored from that backup (my internet is too slow to re-download!!) and all my car setups/profile/control configs/etc were there ready for me without any fuss whatsoever. Phew!