Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

F1 2020 Esports Event and Weekly Event Fuel Assist Forced On

@BarryBL

Both the British featured event & the Esports event at Italy currently taking place have the same issues with once you complete either event and document a score, the next time you try & play them again to better your score/time the fuel mixed is switched to auto mode no matter what. Also there seems to be AI controlled cars with their wheels stuck in place on the starting grid & no wheels on the car while racing. The fuel issue is a huge issue. I would never finish a race with a half of lap of fuel left in my tank. I had a hard time making the top 5% for Britain weekly event not being able to maximize my speed during passes. My question is will CM be correcting this issue ASAP so that I can have a fair chance on the Italy Esports event????

@Getts0388, we did have a Online Services update today that completed around an hour ago that should have fixed the fuel issue. 

Please complete a full bug report, with your report code (found when you pause in session) so we can investigate

A detailed description of the issue.

The fuel assist is forced on in weekly events and in hte italian esports event
    if someone does his first try int he event he has fuel assist off that is normal
    but when you quit the event and got back in the fuel assist will be forced on
    even on elite settings this happens every time on every platform for everyone

Platform

PC

What version of the game you are using and game mode

Game version 1.10
    Weekly event And eSports event

We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yes.

How do you make the problem happen?

Just started up the event everything was normal then i had to quit it and when i got back into the event this happended

What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue

I restarted the game 3 times
    Verifyed integrity of game files
    re installed the game
    deleted my save data

What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

Fanatec CSL Elite F1 Set + CSL Elite Pedals Non Loadcell + F1 Esports Wheel
Thrustmaster T300 RS + T3PA Pedals + TM F1 Open Wheel Addon Wheel

Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjZydl04fH4&feature=youtu.be

Posted (edited)

Its not Fixed.......

I saw the Mainteance

I did a proper bug report and described the issue

i uploaded a video and the issue is still on no matter what i do

@BarryBL

Edited by Balázs Kevin
forgot to add @barrybl

@BarryBL

thanks for the quick reply & letting me/us know that you guys are on the case. Sorry, I’m at work & just wanted to know if this was being corrected. Otherwise, I would have completed a complete bug report. 

21 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

We are investigating. Thanks for the report @Balázs Kevin. Added to developers with high importance.

Can you add the performance patch for balancing Ferrari to high importance too? Is the patch still coming out in the first half of October? 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@Getts0388, we did have a Online Services update today that completed around an hour ago that should have fixed the fuel issue. 

Please complete a full bug report, with your report code (found when you pause in session) so we can investigate

Why must you insist to have a bug report when codemasters know full well that this is widespread throughout the community. Why not come out and admit the mistakes made and offer to rectify the problem to not only fix the issues but offer a discount on the next game or some kind of incentive to people that paid £65 for yet another broken game. 

Edited by xXEL1M1NATORXx
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

hey @BarryBL, what’s that post on facebook mean?

is it a workaround? Or diversion tactics to keep us busy

Edited by TeenierNeilb69

The fact that this is still not fixed tells me that 1. They can't fix it or 2. They don't care and won't fix it. We were told yesterday that it should be solved by the online maintenance that was done. It is not solved, not even close, in fact I don't think they did anything.

@TeenierNeilb69 what post are you referring to? I'd like to know, not a FB guy

• Like 1

So after being notified of a post on FB made by CM, I went to check it out. it says to turn on DRS assist and and fuel Assist off. I use Elite settings so I only turned on DRS assist like they said. I went in and sure enough I can change the fuel now. Why CM posted this on FB and not in here on these forums is a real head scratcher. You would think they would have the awareness to post it here as well. Try it out people

• Thanks 1

@TeenierNeilb69 Thanks for mentioning that FB post. If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have had any clue that I could do that. For the life of me I can't figure out why this was not posted on here by CM as well. We must be less important than their FB followers.

• Like 1

I think they’re saying you can use another assist without a penalty.

but as I use no assists at all (I don’t need the DRS or Fuel Assist)

I find both of these a handicap 

lets just hope they get it fixed pronto.

That's very nice, thank you! When doing this, DRS assist will be on, though? So you get deducted points for using an assist?

2 minutes ago, janbonator said:

That's very nice, thank you! When doing this, DRS assist will be on, though? So you get deducted points for using an assist?

Points are not deducted for using the DRS assist @janbonator👍

• Like 2

Should now be solved after the latest Online Services Update. Please feedback where possible.

Thank you for your patience on this matter.

• Thanks 1

The Fuel bug has indeed been fixed, you can now adjust the fuel after attempt 1.

The Overtake button was stuck on for the first two times, I feared it was a new issue, but luckily, after restarting the game it worked fine again.

Both issues fixed👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 1