Jump to content Jump to content

Autosave v. Manual Save - How to?

Hello, 

I would like to share a post from the user @Nuvolarix, that describes very well a little problem with saving in Career mode. What Nuvolarix describes, also prevents users to create a backup copy of their Career. Here is the post: 

Hi there, I have just tested the "autosave off" feature, but it looks it doesn't work... :classic_sad: 
I did the following:

1. ended Singapore GP (rain once again :classic_unsure:) with Autosave turned on;
2. go back to the General Quarter after tha race;
3. while there, before to start the next Russian weekend, go back to the Main Screen;
4. Options and Autosave turned OFF;

5. General Quarter again and started the new weekend;
6. had a look at the forecast, it was ALL DRY;
7. tried to save "somewhere" but couldn't find anything therefore...
8. started FP1 but no way to manual save also inside it :classic_huh:;

9. I couldn't save but once my purpose was to test the "feature", go back to the Main Menu once again;
10. continued my career again expecting to be in the General Quarter before the Russian weekend, instead I was already in the Russian FP1, therefore in some way "a kind of autosave" must have been done the same, although the option was absolutely turned OFF!!! :classic_wacko:

Am I missing anything to make the trick work?

Thank you, bye
Nuv

Has anyone a solution for this?

Tnx

Turning auto save off does work correctly but you need to exit the game completely in order to return to the point that you turned into save off. For example, you can turn auto save off before going into a race weekend end then advance to FP1 to check weather and then if you want to return to the point where you turned auto save off before FP1 you just exit the game and then fire it back up and you’ll be back in the HQ before FP1. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Thank you @Theseus! Appreciate your help. I will try what you suggested, it makes sense though. 

Although, this does not solve the problem of not being able to create a backup file to use in case the game crashes corrupting the save. 

Anyway, Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Voznik said:

Thank you @Theseus! Appreciate your help. I will try what you suggested, it makes sense though. 

Although, this does not solve the problem of not being able to create a backup file to use in case the game crashes corrupting the save. 

Anyway, Thanks again!

I know I really wish there was a way to save a backup of your files it would be so helpful. I’m on PC and I can create a backup but not for individual modes just the entire gamesave file that includes all the modes. 

It would be so helpful to have a “save as” option in the mode UI with more than 3 slots so you could make different save points. 

• Agree 2
On 10/8/2020 at 7:09 AM, Theseus said:

Turning auto save off does work correctly but you need to exit the game completely in order to return to the point that you turned into save off. For example, you can turn auto save off before going into a race weekend end then advance to FP1 to check weather and then if you want to return to the point where you turned auto save off before FP1 you just exit the game and then fire it back up and you’ll be back in the HQ before FP1. 

This is exactly what I experienced in the last weekend by ending one race weekend and trying again, but I was waiting before to update/continue my post to the next race change (probably tomorrow) to be more precise and write a guide about!

But the point is exactly what you already told us! Thank you for sharing @Theseus :classic_cool:

• Agree 2