Jump to content Jump to content

Web platform with cross-platform leaderboards, setup market and telemetry graphs

Hey fellow F1 (game) enthusiasts!

I wanted to share the platform I have built for the Formula 1 games using the Telemetry API, hotlaps.io, with you all in the hopes to get some feedback from more beta testers out there. The tl;dr is that it allows you to record your time trial and race runs to then later analyse the data to find those additional precious tenths of lap time, test setup changes or just beat the fastest lap times on the cross-platform leaderboards.

I have many more ideas to make it become better and grow it so feel free to join in, it's free!

Main features

• Cross platform fastest lap leaderboards that can be filtered by
    • Track
    • Platform
    • Input device (controller vs. wheel)
    • Weather conditions
    • Era (F1, F2 and F1 Classic)
    • Game version (2018, 2019, 2020)
  • Setup market for all platforms that can be filtered by
    • Track
    • Session type (time trial, race etc.)
    • Platform
    • Input device
    • Weather condition
    • Car/team
    • Formula
    • Game version
  • Consistency Score based on your on-track performance 
  • View telemetry data for each lap and compare it to your own laps or the laps of others
  • Multi-platform clients for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS (desktop clients are already available, mobile clients are in development right now)

In Development

• Race data analysis (ERS deployment, pace, tyre strategy etc.)
  • Automated data analysis that provides advice to improve your times (braking, cornering, shifting etc.)
  • Mobile clients for iOS/iPadOS and Android
  • Goal tracking - set a goal for your lap time and track the progress
  • League management and driver trials

Supported Game versions (PC, Xbox and PS)

• F1 2019 
  • F1 2020

It is currently in beta with a handful of users who liked it so far so feel free to sign-up and let me know what you think in the comments, the more the merrier! 🙂 If you chose to sign-up for the beta keep in mind that you can log-in after I converted your beta application to a real account.

Looking forward to see you on track!

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 15.38.57.png

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 15.39.50.png

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 15.41.56.png

Edited by cgfdoo
  • Like 3
  • 3 months later...

Since it's been a while I thought I'd provide a quick update on this:

• Added support for Assetto Corsa Competizione
  • Added a data framework to help you with interpreting the data and what to work on first
  • The charts show you when you're off the ideal racing line by more than a certain amount
  • Added a data-pack with laps by a professional eSports driver that you can compare yourself to
  • Added corner zoom-in functionality so you can look into each corner on every track in more detail (very useful when comparing laps)
  • Comparing laps/viewing a single lap racing line shows track outlines as well now
  • You can add a video for each lap and view videos for a lap if the driver provided one
  • We have just hit 10,000 laps on the platform 🎉  - you'll have plenty to compare yourself to!
Edited by cgfdoo
added more info
  • Like 1