F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Driver Approach System makes no sense

Coming into season 3 of my team career after several top drivers decline my approach, i attempt to approach Bottas who is the double world champion he accepts and i successfully outbid Mercedes for his services,

After the Austrain GP season 3, Bottas is leading the championship for my team having taken 5 wins. He is leading from Verstappen with myself in 3rd, and out team is leading the constructers.

Then comes the renegotiation, i approach him again and he declines my approach on the basis that in season 2 our team didn't finish in the top 5 of the constructors we were 6th.

What kind of logic is that, why is it a thing it makes no sense what so ever. What's the point of the renegotiation half way through the season if things like that happen. that shoudnt be a thing  

Anyone else had anything like that happen?

• Agree 2

I assume their demands are based on their acclaim. So if he increased his acclaim during that time he increased his demands. Might not always make sense in that specific scenario but I imagine it's quite rare and generally the system gets the job done.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 3:34 PM, Lakrits said:

I think the whole mid season negotiations makes no sense.

I don't mind the negotiations happening mid season, that's quite realistic actually, but the transfers shouldn't go through until the end of the season. I'm guessing that's what you meant too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, janbonator said:

I don't mind the negotiations happening mid season, that's quite realistic actually, but the transfers shouldn't go through until the end of the season. I'm guessing that's what you meant too.

Exactly. Changing drivers two times per year isn't realistic at all. Sure, it happens that teams swap drivers or replaces a driver that doesn't perform well enough but that's not very common and more of an exception.

Contracts are in most cases negotiated for a full season, the game just doesn't reflect that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1