F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Weekly Event

I was kinda curious to figure out how the point system in the weekly event works? And the only info i can find is that it is based on skill, speed, and assist. 

I took a look at the leaderboard for this week. I was currently ranked 140. Not to bad. But I noticed that the majority of the ones who ranked above ran multiple assist and had a slower Q.  time. It got me a bit confused since I ran the weekend with no assists, no accidents, got fastest time in all sessions, and won the race. (Had one tracklimit warning).

im not saying that the people who ranked better didn’t deserve it. Im sure they did and I am the first to congratulate them. Well played!

but Im just curious about a points breakdown. Some hints (clear facts) on  what will gain you point and what will loose you points. It would make the weekly event much more fun if I could try and set up and plan and a strategy, going in to a weekend. 

There is a risk that i have missed something obvious. If that is the case. You are welcome to call me an idiot, and point me in the right direction.

@WigglyStyle I don't understand the lack of info on this either. Same with the esports qualifier. I think they are scored with a similar formula but I'm not 100% sure on that.

What I've gathered from experience of driving these things and comparing screenshots of the results after the run, I've concluded that race time, fastest lap and "clean lap" bonus are not affected by other things. In the Monza qualifier I found that 0.1s improvement on the fastest lap brought about 100 points more. There could be some kind of a variable to this, but I don't think anyone but the devs know it for sure.

In terms of the assist bonus, that's directly related to your race time. The better your race time the higher your assist bonus will be on equal assist settings. The same holds true for difficulty level.

For a good result you need a clean run. I'm not sure about the weekly events, but in the esport qualifier one warning costs something like 2.5k points.

I had a similar reason for going through the trouble of finding out how the scoring works. The scoring system should be public information. Imagine F1 drivers not knowing how many points they get for finishing in position x.. just makes no sense to me.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, janbonator said:

Imagine F1 drivers not knowing how many points they get for finishing in position x..

Love this ^ exactly! If I know what im doing wrong/ can do better. Its more motivating to do better.

Thanks for the reply! 

I think there might be a good reason there are slower + assists players in front of you this week.

It's most likely down to the weather, as it's wet at the start and dry at the end, but that switch to slicks is different in every race, and some people got lucky and had some more slick running and therefore quicker pace in the race.

Hey, I don't really understand it all, to be honest. Yesterday I finished second in the Event in Japan. And suddenly the twelfth became the winner ... weird!121467729_10214181474289128_8754077479181194582_o.thumb.jpg.752d8290ff30952350e8cb695e1cc072.jpg121575307_10214181473849117_5042254516317786271_o.thumb.jpg.0691244cc7a5d23c0f83cff83a1f17ce.jpg

@janbonator

Found something!

SCHEDULE 1 – ONLINE EVENT SCORING
18.1.Online Event scoring is calculated based on the following:
a) Total time score = (Target Race Time – Player Time) x 1000
b) Best Lap Score = (Target Lap Time – Player Time) x 1000
c) Clean Lap Bonus = Number of Clean Laps x 3250
d) Clean Race Bonus = Clean Laps Bonus x 0.5 * Only awarded if all laps are clean
e) No Flashback Bonus = Laps without Flashback x 1000
f) Difficulty & Assist Modifiers = Score x (difficulty% +assist %) = Total Score
18.2.The following target race times must be beaten for a player to score greater than 0 in the Total time category:
a) Monza Target Race Time = 01:16:22
b) Circuit of the Americas Target Race Time = TBC
18.3.The following target lap times must be beaten for a player to score greater than 0 in the Best lap
category:
a) Monza Target Lap Time = 1:54.800
b) Circuit of the Americas Target Lap Time = TBC
18.4.The difficulty modifier is scaled linearly from 0% to 11% where 0 difficulty gives 0% and 110 difficulty gives 11%.
18.5.Assist modifiers are set to the following:
a) Max Difficulty Modifier = 11%
b) Clean Race = 50%
c) AbsOff=4%
d) Traction Control Off = 4%
e) Traction Control Medium = 2%
f) Manual Gears = 4%
g) Manual Gears Suggested = 2%
h) DRL Off = 5%
i) DRL Corners = 0.5%
j) Pit Assist Off = 0%

https://downloads.f1esports.com/Rules/2020/F1_Esports_2021_Qualification_Rulebook_v1_0.pdf

• Thanks 2

Just whilst we are talking about points, on a slightly different note, when I looked at the overall positions late last night (I am in the UK and it showed3 hours to go) I was 776th out of 2543 competitors. Checking this morning, now the event is finished, I am 806th out of 2551. Doing the maths that tells me I dropped 30 places overnight but only 8 additional times were added!!!

13 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

Just whilst we are talking about points, on a slightly different note, when I looked at the overall positions late last night (I am in the UK and it showed3 hours to go) I was 776th out of 2543 competitors. Checking this morning, now the event is finished, I am 806th out of 2551. Doing the maths that tells me I dropped 30 places overnight but only 8 additional times were added!!!

9 minutes ago, WigglyStyle said:

@Lurtz Maybe people ran the race again and improved their result?

That's it. The reason for @Lurtz 's confusion is probably that for him the event had already ended by the time. In the western hemisphere it starts later and ends later. I wish the time-zone could be changed by the player. For me the races are too early.

Oh. and thank you very much @WigglyStyle for that info. Why it isn't the in the game.. who knows.

• Agree 1

Hi All,

I finished this week's competition , but received Amateur trophy. Is this correct?

f12019.thumb.jpg.78039e805f8cf1521f11c00f75be2542.jpg I would have thought top 24% is better than amateur, apologies if this assumption is incorrect.

Can this be confirmed as correct. Tank you !!!!

Screenshot002.jpg

30 minutes ago, WigglyStyle said:

Maybe people ran the race again and improved their result?

Never thought of that......damn Americans!!! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

@Furstated1

A couple things here to try help you with an answer to your question. 

1- this is the F1 2020 forum & your screenshot is of this past weeks F1 2019 featured event. Try using the 2019 forum when asking questions about that version. 

2- the information that you are asking for is available while the event is active. Just go to the event information screen while in the multiplayer/weekly event screen. It will show a breakdown of the trophies & the percentage you need to get each. It auto cycles through them while in the event info page. Just do it before the event is closed on Sunday nights. 

I believe that you got the proper trophy but you am not 100% sure. What I can tell you is that to get an elite trophy, you must be in the top 5%. I believe they have the same breakdown every week so you go to this weeks event & look at the info page for it. This should be a way to confirm that a top 24% score is an amateur trophy. Good luck with any future weekly events. Remember, nobody wins a race in the first corner, they only lose a race by divebombing & wrecking themselves & anybody they take out. 

Thanks My Bad, I have both games and am active in both weekly events when I can.

I can not find the specific criteria, I have also seen the breakdown you describe and have in fact had Elite and Expert Trophies.

Thanks for your reply, not so much for your unsolicited driving advice?

If this is directed at me specifically please pm me.

@Furstated1

What I said about the first corner was just general advice as I had just read another post on the forum about a guy who said he got ran over in the first corner at Japan last week in the rain, in every race he ran. I was not in any way calling you out. I was just putting it out there for all to read, hoping some others will realize the dive bombing the first corner can kill a race. Sorry if I offended you, did not mean to do so. Was more in fun.

I have a question, I got top 8% in the weekly event and the event is over yet I haven’t gotten a trophy. Am I doing something wrong. Why aren’t I receiving trophies.