DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally often doesn't save progress

It is a priority and we do think it might be connected to Greece... but we're not sure.

If you guys are having it could you let us know the stage name and car you were in as well as what level championship you were competing in? 
Great to hear! 
The game stops saving after Pedines Epidaxi on Greece. Any car, any championship level.

Me too since yesterday , my game don't save my progress.. I'm in RX Carreer ( Proféssional) but when I turn off the game , I restart in RX Carreer but with Clubman category... :(

I am having this problem too. The game doesn't seem to want to save after I have done a League event!

Gettin' real tired of doin' these greece tracks.

I really want to play this game so much but I hate the mystery of "has it saved that three hours of progress" every time.

This is an unacceptably long time to have a bug of this magnitude.

Hi Guys, maybe this will help someone... I noticed recently my progress was not saved, and in my case I found out why!

A couple days ago I modified the "\DiRT Rally\input\paths.xml" file in order to add my not officially supported wheel to the list. Since I did that, I was not able to connect to Racenet anymore when launching the game, and my progress was not saved.

I'm pretty sure this has to do with the game detecting this & thinking that some "important" configuration file was modified & then it automatically disables racenet & game saving in order to prevent cheating I guess.

I just did a test, I reverted paths.xml to the original file & then bingo I can now connect to Racenet! I'm pretty sure saves will now work, I'll see if it works after my playsession & comment back...

Hope this helps someone!

Confirmed that it does in fact now save my progress. So watch out if you got some .xml file(s) modified this might be your issue.

On my side instead of adding a new .xml file for my custom wheel, I did override another file (sim_steering_c.xml) with the content of my custom made input .xml & it worked like a charm!

Good luck!

Trying a hardcore damage mod with some modded files seems to stop racenet working and also it wasn't saving my progress at all anymore. So i reverted back to normal.
My own modifications to eyefinity files to get my Projector working with correct fov didnt have any bad effects. Everything is working great. Atleast for now..
It makes sense that some files you can mod and some you can't without having issues. And i guess it even depends on your setup what will work. I'm not a computer wizard though..

havent have any problems otherwise than those with hardcore damage mod (which was made for 0.5 or something)

edited: Too tired to hit right letters on my phone it seems