Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 what to make different

Hi, i would like ti share some thought about what could be changed in f1 2021 even if i know i am late because i imagine that this project started 1 or 2 years ago with them rebuilding their ego engine.

Nevertheless i would suggest the following:

Engine mapping: with 2020 and 2021 rules banning engine modes i guess that codemasters will have to remove the fuel mixture options in race, it is not a problem but i would love to be able to make like you do the setup a costum engine map like they do in real life to costumise how the fuel and ers is automatically deployed around the lap.

Red flags and cars being removed: we all wanted this for so long, i guess that codies did not do this before due to consol being a limiting factor. Since the next gen consols should not be so far behind middle range pcs it would be nice to have red flags into the game and cars not ghosting (option toggle on or off) and having them removed off the track by marshals pushing it out or using the tower crane if the car cannot be moved due to damage.

Pitlane order changing based on each year standings.

Full car damage model (front tyres, rear tires, front and back wing, floor and bargeboards) with simulated damage based on the way you damaged the part with the hit and not a prescripted effect like the yellow orange and red front wing.

Real time tyres calculations enhanced with the addition of graning, blistering and flat spots.

Smarter team radio with more information and more conversation capabilities (it would require a lot of machine learning training i guess so i do not expect this) and not jeff anymore, it would be nice to have the voice of the engineers in each team.

Team orders.

Different development system in whch you do not have a tree like thing anymore but you kinda decide which area to develop and updates need to be tested on track to see if they are effective or not and so you need to understand in which area you should improve your car and in which specific way (like with ferrari this year where they needed a few races to understand in which direction improve the car).

Full-pre season testing which is nice along with the new development system to be able to bring different specs of a part to test them.

2020 tracks and historical ones and having track votes like in motorsport manager to swap or remove or add weekends to a season.

Better cutting edge graphics for pcs, i do not want the stall the game has ahd in the last years progressing slowly because consols are well behind.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
On 10/16/2020 at 6:42 AM, ArcherLegend said:

Hi, i would like ti share some thought about what could be changed in f1 2021 even if i know i am late because i imagine that this project started 1 or 2 years ago with them rebuilding their ego engine.

Nevertheless i would suggest the following:

Engine mapping: with 2020 and 2021 rules banning engine modes i guess that codemasters will have to remove the fuel mixture options in race, it is not a problem but i would love to be able to make like you do the setup a costum engine map like they do in real life to costumise how the fuel and ers is automatically deployed around the lap.

Red flags and cars being removed: we all wanted this for so long, i guess that codies did not do this before due to consol being a limiting factor. Since the next gen consols should not be so far behind middle range pcs it would be nice to have red flags into the game and cars not ghosting (option toggle on or off) and having them removed off the track by marshals pushing it out or using the tower crane if the car cannot be moved due to damage.

Pitlane order changing based on each year standings.

Full car damage model (front tyres, rear tires, front and back wing, floor and bargeboards) with simulated damage based on the way you damaged the part with the hit and not a prescripted effect like the yellow orange and red front wing.

Real time tyres calculations enhanced with the addition of graning, blistering and flat spots.

Smarter team radio with more information and more conversation capabilities (it would require a lot of machine learning training i guess so i do not expect this) and not jeff anymore, it would be nice to have the voice of the engineers in each team.

Team orders.

Different development system in whch you do not have a tree like thing anymore but you kinda decide which area to develop and updates need to be tested on track to see if they are effective or not and so you need to understand in which area you should improve your car and in which specific way (like with ferrari this year where they needed a few races to understand in which direction improve the car).

Full-pre season testing which is nice along with the new development system to be able to bring different specs of a part to test them.

2020 tracks and historical ones and having track votes like in motorsport manager to swap or remove or add weekends to a season.

Better cutting edge graphics for pcs, i do not want the stall the game has ahd in the last years progressing slowly because consols are well behind.

You know what could be missing in the damage model? REAR WING DAMAGE. If it's part of their license that they can't implement rear wing damage to the cars, we wouldn't be having front wing damage either. Or at least implement rear wing damage only to classic cars, they don't have DRS so I guess it wouldn't be so brutal to try it.