F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Performance Patch - MyTeam power units?

Just read the article on the upcoming Performance Patch and it says the following:

"The Power Unit stats and prices remain unchanged in My Team, so as not to unfairly change the balance of your experience!"

Does this mean that, for instance, all teams using Ferrari engines will remain unchanged, or just your car? Because if it's the latter, then your car could be using old souped-up Ferrari power, whereas Ferrari AI would be midfield and the whole thing would be broken.

Omg this would be so hilarious...
Want Ferrari to suck so bad? FINE! but only in grand prix mode 🤣

Could be they meant in ongoing saves.. but i think OP is right. and this update won't effect myteam at all. 

Welp. Equal cars is way more fun anyway. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Omg this would be so hilarious...
Want Ferrari to suck so bad? FINE! but only in grand prix mode 🤣

Could be they meant in ongoing saves.. but i think OP is right. and this update won't effect myteam at all. 

Welp. Equal cars is way more fun anyway. 

What I was concerned about is it's pointing to PU "stats and prices" - that seems like it's only for our benefit, whereas the AI would get the nerfs. For anyone playing with a Ferrari PU, they would end up being faster than Ferrari themselves and that would be so wrong.

Edit: Because when you look in the folder system, you have the AI team folders, and MyTeam engine folders. If they've not touched the MyTeam engine folders, would I be right in assuming the above? Or does MyTeam AI take their performance from the MyTeam engine folders too? In which case, the AI would be on old performance levels as you would be.

Edited by s00zster

4 minutes ago, s00zster said:

What I was concerned about is it's pointing to PU "stats and prices" - that seems like it's only for our benefit, whereas the AI would get the nerfs. For anyone playing with a Ferrari PU, they would end up being faster than Ferrari themselves and that would be so wrong.

The way I read it the changes won't effect myteam at all. 

"The Power Unit stats and prices remain unchanged in My Team, so as not to unfairly change the balance of your experience!"

So I think now these changes will only be for grand prix mode. or ai online/in events and stuff..
And the Ferrari engine stats and prices won't be changed in myteam. for any of the teams. (cause they pick from the same stuff as you, and the team performances there are changing over time anyway)

Edited by Bicarda

I really hope they are talking about existing saves. At least give us the option if we want to apply the nerf in a new MyTeam. Having an OP engine just for the sake of balance is immersion breaking and totally pointless. I will be really disappointed if the nerf doesn't affect MyTeam at all. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Arado said:

I really hope they are talking about existing saves. At least give us the option if we want to apply the nerf in a new MyTeam. Having an OP engine just for the sake of balance is immersion breaking and totally pointless. I will be really disappointed if the nerf doesn't affect MyTeam at all. 

I didn't take it as being about existing saves, I took it as even starting a new save, you could have difference Ferrari engine performance compared to Ferrari themselves, because they're only indicating "prices and stats" i.e. only your team is unaffected.

It is rather badly worded if we can take such a wide range of meaning from just the one sentence :classic_rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Bicarda said:

It is rather badly worded if we can take such a wide range of meaning from just the one sentence :classic_rolleyes:

I was thinking that exactly. At least we can agree on something! :classic_biggrin:

hahaha this is so hilarious. If this is true and it took 3 months to bring the performance patch just to gp and tt modes.

47 minutes ago, iosis said:

hahaha this is so hilarious. If this is true and it took 3 months to bring the performance patch just to gp and tt modes.

Well there's Driver Career aswell, and that's fine (I've been waiting for over a month to restart my driver career save with the new performance levels).

But I'm struggling to figure if with MyTeam it's AI & player = not nerfed - or - AI nerfed/player not nerfed. The second one, as far as Ferrari engines go, would be a mess.

Ideally, the performance changes should have been applied everywhere and people could choose whether it affected existing saves or not.

@BarryBL could we have some clarification on MyTeam AI/player balance with the Performance Patch please?

Edited by s00zster
  • Thanks 1

best would be if i could choose if i want to apply the changes to my current myteam career. (i dont use a ferrari engine)

I think the best way around it would be to only affect the AI for the current season then when the season ends and you go to renew the engine it will be the updated stats. 
This way players who wanted the best engine aren’t suddenly shafted mid-season but once the season is over they have to rethink their options.

1 hour ago, s00zster said:

Well there's Driver Career aswell, and that's fine (I've been waiting for over a month to restart my driver career save with the new performance levels).

But I'm struggling to figure if with MyTeam it's AI & player = not nerfed - or - AI nerfed/player not nerfed. The second one, as far as Ferrari engines go, would be a mess.

Ideally, the performance changes should have been applied everywhere and people could choose whether it affected existing saves or not.

@BarryBL could we have some clarification on MyTeam AI/player balance with the Performance Patch please?

Yeah.

From my checking, Ferrari powered cars have been affected in Career mode to better reflect the sport.

On MyTeam, I'll get some more details on this one @s00zster, just awaiting clarification on this one, and I'd want to get the official explanation here.👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Yeah.

From my checking, Ferrari powered cars have been affected in Career mode to better reflect the sport.

On MyTeam, I'll get some more details on this one @s00zster, just awaiting clarification on this one, and I'd want to get the official explanation here.👍

At least the Ferrari powered cars were nerfed, so that's...  something? 

EDIT: I meant about career mode 

Edited by Arado
Corrections

Based on my understanding, in MyTeam mode, all 4 engines are actually identical in terms of performance when they're brand new (no manufacturer upgrade) and maxed out (all manufacturer upgrades applied).

When you first starts out a new season, they already have some manufacturer upgrades pre-applied to them (probably to reflect how the real life engine rules haven't got any major change for a few years now, so they're all well-developed by this point).

The reason why their performances differs is because they have different presets of manufacturer upgrades, for example: Honda has 6 minor & 2 major upgrades, while Ferrari has 4 major & 2 minor upgrades, what these meant is that:

• For Honda, it's +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +2 +2 = 10
  • For Ferrari, it's +2 +2 +2 +2 +1 +1 = 10

All upgrade does is they affect the pace of their development down the line, some starts out improving faster but take longer time to develop between upgrade or lacks momentum at the end, while others take some time to warmup but will eventually catch up with others.

But they all leads to the same outcome, unless the final upgrades are not available for that season, which is a randomized mechanic and they get completely reset every time when there's engine rule change.

In the current new game Ferrari is already at +6 (4 major upgrades), that's why they have the best engine at the beginning of the first season. In order to make it more true to life, all they need to do is removing (some of) those pre-installed upgrades. However, after that it's all randomized by the game mechanic, they could still become the best engine at the end of the season before the next rule change, or ended up lacking a few final upgrades and drop behind the pack.

1 hour ago, Arado said:

At least the Ferrari powered cars were nerfed, so that's...  something? 

EDIT: I meant about career mode 

I don't think it should be called a nerf, they probably will just remove a few pre-installed manufacturer upgrades at the first season, but will eventually get them all back down the line and that means it won't affect any season after the first.

58 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

I don't think it should be called a nerf, they probably will just remove a few pre-installed manufacturer upgrades at the first season, but will eventually get them all back down the line and that means it won't affect any season after the first.

So a nerf, at least for the first couple of seasons. I'm not saying that the engine should be handicapped all the way to the ultimate upgrades, but it should start behind the other 3. Removing some upgrades is a good way of doing it, since Ferrari had to build their PU from scratch this year anyway. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Arado said:

So a nerf, at least for the first couple of seasons. I'm not saying that the engine should be handicapped all the way to the ultimate upgrades, but it should start behind the other 3. Removing some upgrades is a good way of doing it, since Ferrari had to build their PU from scratch this year anyway. 

Well, yes, it's still a nerf indeed. I just have a feeling that a lot of people probably think it's a perma-nerf without knowing all the engines are actually equal in their stock & ultimate-form, so I wanted to point it out.

Edited by DRTApophis

23 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Well, yes, it's still a nerf indeed. I just have a feeling that a lot of people probably think it's a perma-nerf without knowing all the engines are actually equal in their stock & ultimate-form, so I wanted to point it out.

Fair enough, but I'm really curious to see how much time Ferrari will lose per lap. I hope it reflects real life performance and it's not just a small nerf that puts it slightly behind Honda in the beginning of the first season. This year the engine has proven to be very subpar and way behind the other 3 manufacturers in terms of performance and development. 

1 hour ago, Arado said:

Fair enough, but I'm really curious to see how much time Ferrari will lose per lap. I hope it reflects real life performance and it's not just a small nerf that puts it slightly behind Honda in the beginning of the first season. This year the engine has proven to be very subpar and way behind the other 3 manufacturers in terms of performance and development. 

Ferrari's issue is that their whole package is just a mess, they lost the most performance out of all 3 Ferrari powered teams (even both Alfa & Haas could put up a fight against them). If they're actually gonna nerf Ferrari to reflect real life it can't be just the engine alone.

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 2

22 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Yeah.

Tell them we want realistic engine performance for my team too

On 10/16/2020 at 4:00 PM, BarryBL said:

Yeah.

Hi @BarryBL, about Driver Career, existing saves will be affected too? Yes, No, or can we choose? Thank you :classic_smile:

Cheers,
Nuv