F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Simulate race

Hey everyone,

So tonight I did the last race of season 1 in MyTeam. Qualified p15 in Abu Dhabi and finished the race in p10. Was really happy with that last point. 
However after the race my game decided to get stuck on the loading screen AGAIN (it tends to do this annoyingly often) and I had to ALT+F4 the game.

And guess what.. it didn't save anything, so when I rebooted the game it was as if the race had never happend. 
I'm really really annoyed by this and for the first time ever I'm like screw it, I'll sim the race. However, since I'm already in the session and not on the screen to go to the session, I don't find a simulate option anywhere. So I'm guessing this isn't possible when already in the race session? If it is, please let me know how. 

I REALLY don't feel like doing a 100% race on Abu Dhabi again so shortly after I've just had a good race there. But I also don't feel like instantly retiring from the race and having a DNF in my recordbook for something that's not even my fault.

Anyway, how do I, if even possible, sim a race when I'm already past the formation lap?

@Malarky94 That must be annoying. It probably won't help your feeling saying this, but.. Unless it's been fixed (it's been a while since I drove MyTeam), simulating will not do you any good. At least all the races I've ever tried to simulate have vanished off the face of the earth. There's just a blank space for every driver for every simulated race.

This happened to me too. I also do 100% races, so the rule for me now is to always manually save at the beginning of last lap, because being stuck at loading screen keeps happening at random, at least once every season.

And yes, you can't sim once the session has been started.

Edited by Axaios

Yea I figured. I got really annoyed and dreaded doing the same race in a span of a few hours again but I made myself get it over with quickly. 
And like you said, Axaios, I'll just make it a habit to do a mid session save on the last lap. 

Surprisingly, I finished the race in p10 again. This time the loading screen didn't get stuck. 😛

• Haha 1