F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Qualifying or Race

Qualifying or Race  

39 members have voted

1. 1. In which one do you ger better results?

I'm a better racer than a qualifier. 
I've written down all my results and records ever since I seriously started playing career mode. And for the story's sake I've had it overlap to F1 2020. So right now I'm in my 6th season in F1. 
First season with Sauber, then 3 seasons with Ferrari and now in my 2nd season with Peugeot F1 team (myteam). So far I've qualified in p1 a total of 28 times whereas I've achieved 44 race wins so far. 

At least in terms of the Forum Championship, I think I'm pretty balanced in terms of performance in quali and in the race, but I have to vote for race as I'm good at keeping the tires alive much longer than what the game wants me to 😁

Usually quali. Probably because I done a lot of time trial in the past and not so many long stints on ropey medium tyres. Getting better tho. 

Qualifying. I can smash out some great lap times which can compete with 100 AI. But doing it consistently over a 25% race is a different story, 100 AI is just a little too tough for me in the race.

I did a 1:18.100 in qualifying at Hungary (Mercedes GP) on soft tyres only to average 1:23-1:24 lap times in the first stint of the race. Top 4-5 drivers were 1-2 sec faster. 2nd stint is OK then. 

On 10/18/2020 at 10:03 PM, pacers101 said:

Qualifying. I can smash out some great lap times which can compete with 100 AI. But doing it consistently over a 25% race is a different story, 100 AI is just a little too tough for me in the race.

I have the exact opposite. My brain works against me way too many times when I'm doing a quali lap or time trial lap. I'm absolutely nailing every corner and then when I get to the last sector I'm like "okay, this is a great lap, DO NOT mess up now and yep, as you guessed, I mess up the very next corner.  (Too many pole positions have been ruined this way 😞 )
However in the race I'm able to be very very consistent. My laps are usuall within a few tenths from eachother every single lap. And for some reason I'm very consistent on worn tyres as well. Today I did the Bahrain GP in MyTeam and this is my worst track, the one race I dread the most every season. And Bahrain being notorious for eating up tyres, I was in the last stages of my Medium tyre stint with 50% wear and I was still beating my PB every lap by a couple of thousands. 
Consistency is key.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Malarky94 said:

I have the exact opposite. My brain works against me way too many times when I'm doing a quali lap or time trial lap. I'm absolutely nailing every corner and then when I get to the last sector I'm like "okay, this is a great lap, DO NOT mess up now and yep, as you guessed, I mess up the very next corner.  (Too many pole positions have been ruined this way 😞 )
However in the race I'm able to be very very consistent. My laps are usuall within a few tenths from eachother every single lap. And for some reason I'm very consistent on worn tyres as well. Today I did the Bahrain GP in MyTeam and this is my worst track, the one race I dread the most every season. And Bahrain being notorious for eating up tyres, I was in the last stages of my Medium tyre stint with 50% wear and I was still beating my PB every lap by a couple of thousands. 
Consistency is key.

The sign of a good racer! I wish I was more consistent over a race. I'm improving, slowly.

I'm a pad user, which may or may not be relevant to one lap pace vs consistency. I have a wheel but I've always found it too frustrating to try and get up to the same standard as I am on the pad!

4 hours ago, pacers101 said:

The sign of a good racer! I wish I was more consistent over a race. I'm improving, slowly.

I'm a pad user, which may or may not be relevant to one lap pace vs consistency. I have a wheel but I've always found it too frustrating to try and get up to the same standard as I am on the pad!

I use the controller as well and I am that consistent. If it's possible for me, it's possible for you 🙂

• Like 1