Sign in to follow this  

Dat der wee race in Canadia.

I agree, but I think creativity might be what they are lacking. Both sides have been far too 'in the box', especially Ferrari.

On the other hand, the moment Rob Smedley puts his ideas in at Williams, boom, they're back at the front. Maybe it's just experience...

I agree, but I think creativity might be what they are lacking. Both sides have been far too 'in the box', especially Ferrari.

On the other hand, the moment Rob Smedley puts his ideas in at Williams, boom, they're back at the front. Maybe it's just experience...
I think that creativity would come with that leadership though

Jiggy said:
I blame Button for McLaren's mediocrity. Back mediocre drivers and you get mediocre performances. Which is why Ferrari obviously went bad, Alonso's fault.
I don't BAR/Honda were never the strongest team and they only really woke up once Ross Brawn got involved for me the only reason why McLaren and Ferrari are struggling is because they're lacking leadership right now. I think now thart Ron Dennis has reasserted himself back in charge there's hope McLaren can recover a full recovery still takes time though tbf. Ferrari on the other hand still need a Ross Brawn/Ron Dennis type character with a clear vision to start leading them if they want to even think about recovering tbh. It's got nothing to do with Button because on the one occasion he's hada shot at glory he's taken it so he can't be all that bad.
The Ferrari, McLaren and most other teams including Red Bull are slow because they were not ready for the new engine whereas Merc had been designing it since 2009. Red bull is getting faster as the season progresses where Ferrari and McLaren are still trying to catch up.

Jiggy said:
I blame Button for McLaren's mediocrity. Back mediocre drivers and you get mediocre performances. Which is why Ferrari obviously went bad, Alonso's fault.
I don't BAR/Honda were never the strongest team and they only really woke up once Ross Brawn got involved for me the only reason why McLaren and Ferrari are struggling is because they're lacking leadership right now. I think now thart Ron Dennis has reasserted himself back in charge there's hope McLaren can recover a full recovery still takes time though tbf. Ferrari on the other hand still need a Ross Brawn/Ron Dennis type character with a clear vision to start leading them if they want to even think about recovering tbh. It's got nothing to do with Button because on the one occasion he's hada shot at glory he's taken it so he can't be all that bad.
The Ferrari. McLaren and most other teams including Red Bull are slow because they were not ready for the new engine whereas Merc had been designing it since 2009. Red bull is getting faster as the season progresses where Ferrari and McLaren are still trying to catch up.
I think that's obvious

Rob's not in charge of car design though, he's more about managing the team's track operations.

yugin96 said:

Rob's not in charge of car design though, he's more about managing the team's track operations.
Apparently during the Barca test he picked up that both Massa and Bottas were struggling with understeer and rear-graining, and the upgrade brought following that worked, hence Massa 45 lap stint on supersofts at Monaco.

Whitmarsh.... Its all his fault

in terms of McLaren yes it is I'm afraid but the same can be said of Domenicalli at Ferrari too.

Jiggy said:
The Ferrari, McLaren and most other teams including Red Bull are slow because they were not ready for the new engine whereas Merc had been designing it since 2009. Red bull is getting faster as the season progresses where Ferrari and McLaren are still trying to catch up.
I don't think anybody expected Mercedess to be this quick though in fairness. I think Mc Laern and Ferrari were struggling in the RB years as well so it's not just this season. I do think it's only now that they've both started to realise that if they want to get back to the top they have to do something about it.

Jiggy said:
I was joking. The blame is not on Button.

But in an (ideal) situation with McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes being almost on equal terms, you're not going to win the battle with Button as the leading driver regardless.

Jiggy said:
Jiggy said:
I was joking. The blame is not on Button.

But in an (ideal) situation with McLaren, Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes being almost on equal terms, you're not going to win the battle with Button as the leading driver regardless.
maybe/ maybe not but he is consistent and to me that'll always work in his favour as he doesn't get involved in too many accidents/incidents.