Sign in to follow this  

Dat der wee race in Canadia.

Vettel couldn't get past Hulkenberg because of the BHP difference. Perez had an issue, Ricciardo got past. Good race. Red Bull really screwed up Vettels strategy.

I'm happy for Ricciardo, but the journalists will have a field day, that's what I don't like.

Devastated for Force India, dropped well over 10 points but glad to see both Checo nd Massa OK after that awful crash. Massa's fault, he simply misjudged it but things like that happen. And who would have thought who the winner would be ? IMO, Rosberg has to be the driver of the day just beating out Button who God knows where he came from in the end. Force India still P4, going strong, the fight will go down to the end.

Wow! Always count on Canada for creating some thrilling races. Not as exciting as Bahrain in terms of wheel to wheel action, but so much tension and uncertainty - five cars with a real chance of victory in the last two or three laps. Fantastic.

We've just witnessed a truly classic race and you guys are bickering. Leave me alone.

Force India are just so unlucky. Monaco 2008. Losing Spa 2009 simply due to a lack of KERS. Now this.

Personally, I think Perez was the driver of the day. He drove the strategy to perfection. Had there been no car issues for anyone, he would of had a solid 3rd. The brake issue killed it, preventing him from really getting close to Rosberg and then ultimately losing position to Ricciardo & Vettel and then colliding with Massa.

I want to see sneaky Buttons onboard for the last few laps.

How the heck did Button end up 4th? :D 

A great race, too bad we only got it because of the MGU-K for both Mercedes drivers but that was still a magnificent one.

Ted Kravitz said it. Perez had an issue so Ricciardo got past. Cannot wait to see the PF1 comments.

If Hamilton was judged to have gained an unfair advantage on Raikkoken at Spa 2008, why was Rosberg not judged to have done so today? I know Hamilton wasn't going for the move, but Rosberg stretched the gap from 0.5 to over a second, and set his fastest S3 time all race. 

Still think Merc could have tried to get to the end rather than pit though, were about 20-30 seconds ahead losing 1-1.5 seconds a lap. 

I may be still high with adrenaline, and I might think differently tomorrow, but that was possibly the best F1 race I have seen. At least in the top 3 and that was far better than Bahrain for me! Ricciardo, I'm so pleased for him, what a great guy. I'll have a full report later!

But that TV director, flipping heck, he needs sacking. A move at the hairpin was happening with Hamilton running wide and Rosberg getting through, AND THEY SHOW US A SHOT OF THE CROWD?! And then in the heat of battle later on they show a shot of Massa's brother sniffing his arm! Stupid.

Force India are just so unlucky. Monaco 2007. Losing Spa 2009 simply due to a lack of KERS. Now this.

Personally, I think Perez was the driver of the day. He drove the strategy to perfection. Had there been no car issues for anyone, he would of had a solid 3rd. The brake issue killed it, preventing him from really getting close to Rosberg and then ultimately losing position to Ricciardo & Vettel and then colliding with Massa.

I want to see sneaky Buttons onboard for the last few laps.
Well, bad luck has always been a part of the team's history and today was no different either but we must all agree, had it not been for Hamilton's issue, we would have kissed a possible podium a long time ago but I do agree, Perez brake problems ruined us sadly. Any way, the team did a fantastic job in the past 24 hours and the team is still 4th, 11 points ahead. 

SO SO SO P***ed right now. Massa & Williams had 3 chances to take a podium, including the win. Blew them all! First the 7sec pitstop that put him out of touch with the front runners, forgetting to open his DRS, which probably would have won the him the race. Ricciardo & Perez were sitting ducks beyond that. Then he clatters Perez when Vettel and Perez were both on on the final lap. 

He might be quick, he might still (just) be favourite driver, but my god he's clumsy

#StillAFan

At least someone good won. Also the first time since Spain '13 that the German national anthem hasn't played on the podium, which was nice.

Not being funny @Skiddyboy13 but the only reason Perez was second was because he was impossible to catch in a straight line until that issue where Ricciardo got by initally and then Vettel a few laps later.

AMS97KRR said:
Not being funny @Skiddyboy13 but the only reason Perez was second was because he was impossible to catch in a straight line until that issue where Ricciardo got by initally and then Vettel a few laps later.
He drove the strategy to perfection. Force India knew they had solid speed. Perez made sure he didn't waste that chance.

The only reason it worked is because of the insane straight line speed though. He did it well, right up until lap 69 but I am just saying, and we all saw that the straight line speed kept him in front. Ricciardo, Vettel and Massa were evidently faster.

Doesn't matter who you support, incredible race. Bottas was a bit slow today but still solid points. Kimi did some doughnuts for us at least.

That brake problem cost us a well deserved podium today :( But everyone's forgetting Vettel's evasive maneuver to escape that crash. I mean the man just survived a possible career ending crash, he kept his eyes on his mirrors, slammed the brakes and waited for both cars to go their own ways, amazing stuff.

"Once Felipe stops seeing stars, the stewards are gonna have a word" :D :D :D

AMS97KRR said:
The only reason it worked is because of the insane straight line speed though. He did it well, right up until lap 69 but I am just saying, and we all saw that the straight line speed kept him in front. Ricciardo, Vettel and Massa were evidently faster.
They could of 2 stopped Perez, but since he is magic with the tyres, they could 1 stop it. That was crucial. 2 stop it, and he would of been behind the bulls. 1 Stop, and he's ahead. It wasn't just about the speed.

I count Perez as the second best driver of the day, his car didn't have the pace only straight line but he made good use of it, his tires and above all, he drove brilliantly. It's a shame Hulk wasn't fast enough to support him like in Bahrain.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/5066BADB311087518237237063680_254b8a95307.0.3.9194869828055817816.mp4?versionId=l.7WHkkgJR4T4cyLrarZp7FFWSYfzJVE

Well, the Force India is known for being good on tyres more than Perez, but whatever you say.