Sign in to follow this  

Dat der wee race in Canadia.

AMS97KRR said:
Not really a fair reflection though is it @JensonBottom? 

@PeteTheDuck - Vettel was quality right up until he got stuck behind a car it was impossible to pass. Lets be honest here, there was not anything he could do about Hulkenberg. Ricciardo couldn't have passed him either. And we have to remember, while Ricciardo did that lap, Vettel was tucked up behind Perez. 

I have to say, you're absolutely spot on here. Having an average start and getting into second because Hamilton was pushed wide by Rosberg, then being overtake like a lap after the safety car came in and then falling back at a stupid rate of knots really was a quality drive from Vettel. 

*Clicks Disagree button*

So Max Chilton get's a three place penalty which will drop him from 22nd to...

Ricciardo!!!!! :D gaining some respect for Vettel after he congratulated Ricciardo when he got out of the car, but on the track Vettel is still a idiot.

And who said that Merc was going to win every race this year? lol

I wouldn't be disappointed if they did win every race, I just have a feeling that they won't. And if I had to guess who'd be the first non-Merc driver to win this year, I'd go for Ricciardo :)

@onetwothree https://twitter.com/Thrusta1/status/475871845762076673

Lol at AMS, 80% of my 20 disagrees come from you, and nearly all of them without an explanation.

I take it you don't like your own medicine?

From the shots on TV shown at the time it wasn't easy to fully say whose fault it was, but I saw a helicopter camera shot later on and that clearly showed Perez move left in front of Massa, so it was definitely the right decision,

To be fair, Perez was not parallel with the racing line going into T1 and should have known Massa was there. 27G impact for Felipe, according to Ted Kravitz, and when you think most people black out in the range of 6-7G, and rarely even will a fighter pilot top 10G, to get out of the car that quickly is something of a miracle.

Guys watch the language please. I've just tidyed up the thread so a few posts have gone and I've had to ban a member already this morning.

Ricciardo has been doing better than Vettel this season. That's 6 races out of 7 where he's finished ahead now and Red Bull didn't make a poor decision on Vettel's strategy. I honestly think Ricciardo's was just better which therefore got him out ahead of Vettel and then Ricciardo made a couple of great moves to go and win an epic Grand Prix. 

Ricciardo is doing so well this year, I'm so pleased he won.
A lap before Vettel pitted, Bottas had just been pitted and came out in a tonne of traffic. At that point Red Bull deemed fit to pit Vettel a lap later and put him in to all that traffic too. It's not even like they were trying something and hoped it would work, they'd already seen Bottas pit and suffer for it. I try to be the greatest defender of Red Bull in the world, but that was just straight up poor strategy. 

In honesty none of it would've mattered if Renault's engine wasn't so pathetic, but the way it is right now means track position is absolutely critical for RB's races.

I know Merc. had problems, but did anyone think RBR, and Williams were much closer this weekend, especially given it was a power track, which should have been Merc's advantage. There was only 0.7 between ROS on pole and RIC in 6th. I just wonder if we're going to see more of an '09 like season than an '88...

Guys watch the language please. I've just tidyed up the thread so a few posts have gone and I've had to ban a member already this morning.
Why delete posts that didn't even use bad language?

Why delete posts that didn't even use bad language?
They quoted ones that did

So was 27g's confirmed? Because that's insane...

SynGamer said:
So was 27g's confirmed? Because that's insane...
The G-force sensors on Massa's car were triggered by the impact. Not sure what their trigger levels were.

I doubt it was 27g unless he was only exposed to the force for about 0.1 of a second. Wikipedia says death or serious injury is likely at >25g, although it isn't cited so its accuracy is debatable.

That was a great race! Really pleased for Ricciardo and Vettel was so lucky not to be taken out by Massa! Devastated Hamilton didn't finish though :(

I think the championship will be difficult for Hamilton now, but not impossible.

And I'm a Sunderland fan, so I'm not saying it's over until it's over :p

I doubt it was 27g unless he was only exposed to the force for about 0.1 of a second. Wikipedia says death or serious injury is likely at >25g, although it isn't cited so its accuracy is debatable.
To do some simple calculations: Assume Massa hit the barrier at ~260 km/h (ballpark estimate), or 72.2 m/s. 27g equates to 265 m/s^2, so that's 0.27 seconds over which he was exposed to the force...

Then again, the deceleration is never fully constant; I'd imagine that the peak impact was a lot higher than 27g but lasted for a tiny fraction of a second while the force was lower the rest of the way. Plus, F1 drivers are tough cookies ;)