Jump to content Jump to content

Dat der wee race in Canadia.

Lol at AMS, 80% of my 20 disagrees come from you, and nearly all of them without an explanation.

I take it you don't like your own medicine?
I disagreed with yours because you did it to me first.

How can you disagree with "Wow....."?? Or "Vettel will be overtaken now due to a lack of straight line speed" when it is true?
Wow, no kidding! That could have so easily been a big shunt.
AMS97KRR said:
Lol at AMS, 80% of my 20 disagrees come from you, and nearly all of them without an explanation.

I take it you don't like your own medicine?
I disagreed with yours because you did it to me first.
Oh grow up the both of you. This whole "disagree" button argument is extremely silly and I feel silly getting involved in it. Catch yourselves on. Or at least argue somewhere else; I came here to read people's thoughts on the grand prix, not two people bickering about a button.

"LOL" was right, Tom. Jesus Christ.

(again with the jayesus censorship)
Nico Rosberg's said he's confused how his cutting the corner, gaining an advantage ans setting fastest lap of the race-move was even called up to the stewards in the first place. Sorry but if that was Hamilton, in fact pretty much anyone else, that's a nailed on penalty. He didn't even slow down, just nailed it.
Starting to worry for Alonso's ability to get a good result in. Same goes for Hulkenberg. Alonso is getting old and was cast aside like a rookie by Button in an inferior car. Hulkenberg is always solid, but his problem and a pattern of sorts is that whenever something crazy happens, it's Perez who can capitalize on it much more than Hulkenberg. In fact, the Hulk is yet to score his first podium. Being in the position to take advantage of when the status quo are screwing things up is also a quality and Hulkenberg really needs to show it if he wants to eventually get a spot at a top-team.
Jiggy said:
Starting to worry for Alonso's ability to get a good result in. Same goes for Hulkenberg. Alonso is getting old and was cast aside like a rookie by Button in an inferior car. Hulkenberg is always solid, but his problem and a pattern of sorts is that whenever something crazy happens, it's Perez who can capitalize on it much more than Hulkenberg. In fact, the Hulk is yet to score his first podium. Being in the position to take advantage of when the status quo are screwing things up is also a quality and Hulkenberg really needs to show it if he wants to eventually get a spot at a top-team.
I agree. I think Alonso's time has passed sadly. I think he should join Mark at Le Mans next year tbh.
I think Fernando is past his prime since 2013. 2012 was the peak of his career in terms of ability, experience, dedication and getting the most out of the car (contrary to popular belief I don't think he or anyone else has ever got "more" out of the car than there is to get out of it, as that's impossible).

I don't like Fernando, but once again: This dude has to win at least that one more WDC, just not right to see him stuck with the two ones for Renault. But I doubt he'll ever get the chance again.

Ferrari had the chance to wipe the floor this year. A change to an "engine driven" formula, something Ferrari have been pushing for years. Self manufactured engines. Engine and chassis development under the same roof. Two world champions in the car. And a strong technical team with the addition of James Alison and an overview of the project from none other than Rory Byrne. If it's still not working out under these circumstances, I imagine Alonso's wondering if it ever will. And even worse for him is the only other option available in his F1 career right now is Mclaren, an equally disappointing outfit under their current state. 
I think Fernando is past his prime since 2013. 2012 was the peak of his career in terms of ability, experience, dedication and getting the most out of the car (contrary to popular belief I don't think he or anyone else has ever got "more" out of the car than there is to get out of it, as that's impossible).

I don't like Fernando, but once again: This dude has to win at least that one more WDC, just not right to see him stuck with the two ones for Renault. But I doubt he'll ever get the chance again.

I think he could but he needs a decent car with a solid powerplant I just don't think Ferrari is as solid as it once was as they seem to be about the same sort of level they were at before Micheal Schumacher joined imo. Was surprised that Alonso didn't do what Massa did and took the plunge for Williams tbh especially knowing they had Mercedes power this year and are looking for a way back to the top
It's not even as if Alonso's not performing. His drive in China was top notch, but Ferrari are missing something major. The car only looks good when a solid front end is needed, and those tracks are mainly tilkedromes, so it's unlikely we see anything good of Ferrari before the late season.

Fernando is (was?) the best driver of the current field. Could have had 5 titles (2 + '07, '10, '12) with some last day luck. The stats will lie about him, because without Ferrari pulling something MAJOR next year, he won't get another shot. 32x wins is a somewhat better reflection, but it could have easily been more.
Alonso I feel has fallen into the trap that Hamilton avoided. Staying in a well regarded team like Ferrari despite the fact they have been on an obvious decline since 2011. Hamilton bailed from McLaren who were doing the same, took the gamble and just look where he is now. A genuine shot at the title with a great team AND great car.
Alonso I feel has fallen into the trap that Hamilton avoided. Staying in a well regarded team like Ferrari despite the fact they have been on an obvious decline since 2011. Hamilton bailed from McLaren who were doing the same, took the gamble and just look where he is now. A genuine shot at the title with a great team AND great car.
It almost feels like Alonso fell into the trap in 2008 when he rejoined Renault. He's still got a few good years left in him, I can't help but think though he's gonna have to take a gamble and leave Ferrari to have another chance at a 3rd WDC.
I don't want him to leave Ferrari, I'd love for them to find race winning competitiveness again, but after 4 and a bit seasons with them not having a car that's really a proper frontrunner it's looking kinda grim.
It almost feels like Alonso fell into the trap in 2008 when he rejoined Renault. He's still got a few good years left in him, I can't help but think though he's gonna have to take a gamble and leave Ferrari to have another chance at a 3rd WDC.
I don't want him to leave Ferrari, I'd love for them to find race winning competitiveness again, but after 4 and a bit seasons with them not having a car that's really a proper frontrunner it's looking kinda grim.
Yeah he just needs some kind of opening somewhere really in one of the bigger teams I'm pretty sure Mercedes will stick with what they've got for now so obviously that's a no. The only potential move he could make is going back to McLaren but I'm not sure he'd be open to that really given their history. I think although McLaren have slumped recently I think they could get back up to the front now that Ron Dennis has reasserted his authority on the team Alonso will probably still need to wait a couple of years though before McLaren could deliver a car he needs though. Right now I don't think Ferrari know what direction they want to go in and I think that's half their problem. They've got probably the 2 fastest drivers on the grid imo yet they haven't given them the tools they need to do the job.
I don't see why people still think Kimi's one of the best on the current grid. Dude hasn't been spectacular ever since 2006 and I don't want to know what the likes of Hamilton or Alonso would have been able to get out of the Lotus in 2012 and 2013.

Alonso/Raikkonen is by far not the strongest pairing in F1 right now, that should be clear. Hell, I'd rate Vettel/Ricciardo higher than the Ferrari boys (mainly due to Kimi).

Ham/Ros on top imo.