Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Logitech G29 Wheel rotates only from fully left to fully right

Hi,

my Logitech G29  Wheel does not works fully  in F1 2020 (and also in 2019) anymore. It worked for years now, but now it is does not work properly anymore,

. In the Logitech G-Hub Software everythings works fine (see Video). But in the F1 games it rotates only from full left (100) to full right (-100).

See issue in Video:  

I have re-installed G-Hub several times (Gee installer etc..). I tried also the old Logitech Gaming Software, same issue.

Any help is welcome!

Thanks

DxDiag.zip

I think you need to delete the custom control schema, verify the Steam files and delete the hardware_settings_config.xml

Check also the Steam controller setting is not enabled.

It looks like the wheel rotation is being treat like a switch, left goes -100 and right +100 rather than an axis.

@LogiUK

steviejay69,

thanks for your reply. I deleted also the existing control schemas and the .xml files, but with not success. The wheel rotation is still not working. I do have the same issue in F2019

Any other ideas? Are there other ways to get in contact with Codemasters Support?

• Thanks 1

What about the other G29 entry in the control schemes that you have there? (the one with the tick next to it).  Does it do the same thing in there?  And you say you've deleted the control scheme, but did you delete both of those entries that include the G29?

The fact that it's working fine in G HUB does indicate that the wheel is okay, but there could be something else getting in the way here.  Are you able to test in other racing titles?  

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, webfatal said:

steviejay69,

thanks for your reply. I deleted also the existing control schemas and the .xml files, but with not success. The wheel rotation is still not working. I do have the same issue in F2019

Any other ideas? Are there other ways to get in contact with Codemasters Support?

Don't have LGS and GHub installed together. Use the Logitech Driver Cleaner or Geek Uninstaller to remove registry entries. Use USB DeView to check the USB configuration and remove redundant or duplicate entries.

For the sake of repetition, have the game closed when you do the verification and removal of files. GHub is the replacement for LGS, at the moment they use the same FFB .dll but under different names (for G29/G920) I expect G923 to change that, but don't know for sure.

Edited by steviejay69

Hi LogiUk, steviejay,

thanks again for looking into this issue! After running the "Logitech Drive Cleaner", using "USB DeView" to rmeove all G29 related entries and uninstalling the G-HUB Software with the Geek installer the wheel rotation is recognized correctly!!! THX!!

BUT - Now I have no Force Feedback at all. and I can´t use the Clutch pedal as the breaking pedal. When I try to assign the clutch (the very left padel) as break pedal it is recognized as "O" or zero "0" in F1 2020

Update: The pedal is now working, but is recognized as "0" or "O" 

So pls help. What else needs to be done to have FB working as well?

Best regards from Germany.

Edited by webfatal

On 10/21/2020 at 6:02 PM, webfatal said:

Hi LogiUk, steviejay,

thanks again for looking into this issue! After running the "Logitech Drive Cleaner", using "USB DeView" to rmeove all G29 related entries and uninstalling the G-HUB Software with the Geek installer the wheel rotation is recognized correctly!!! THX!!

BUT - Now I have no Force Feedback at all. and I can´t use the Clutch pedal as the breaking pedal. When I try to assign the clutch (the very left padel) as break pedal it is recognized as "O" or zero "0" in F1 2020

Update: The pedal is now working, but is recognized as "0" or "O" 

So pls help. What else needs to be done to have FB working as well?

Best regards from Germany.

GHub is required for FFB, it installs the C:\Program Files\LGHUB\legacy_forcefeedback_x64.dll

Hi,
I´ve reinstalled my Windows 10. Now everything is working again. This should not be the desired solution, but it is how it is.

Thanks to all which tried to help!

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2020 at 7:47 PM, webfatal said:

Hi,
I´ve reinstalled my Windows 10. Now everything is working again. This should not be the desired solution, but it is how it is.

Thanks to all which tried to help!

It is a shame, but yes, always a possibility.