F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

XBox One gamepad official PC drivers released...

...today at long last!  So Loore can you find out whether GAS could be updated in time to allow official calibrated use of this controller please?

My speedlink torid's on it's last legs after only 4 months use so i'd happily get a new pad to enjoy my GAS experience more, and the X1 pad looks the bee's knees.  :bz

It's not listed on your official support thread, despite all the none-MS unofficial X1 pad drivers out there, so I assume it's not as simple as it just being "a new version of the 360 pad."  Thank you.

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/05/grid-autosport-supported-wheels/

given the game is on the verge of going gold as it's released in 3 weeks I doubt they'd be able to do anything at least until they're ready to start patching tbh

Actually from an article from the Xbox guys themselves, they said that any games that supported the Xbox 360 Controller will also support the Xbox One controller, I don't know if it will use the features that the controller has

so according to this , xbox1 gamepad should work well in gas but DJ its not possible to work as wireless as there is no wireless receiver at this time , not any dedicated PC version like the xbox360 one, so Pc users have to buy the console's version ...in consoles the wireless receiver is incorporated... :-<

As mentioned above, it should work as we support the 360 pad :)

Loore said:
As mentioned above, it should work as we support the 360 pad :)

Great!  Just ordered it, so soon the horid torid will be a distant memory.  [-(

I can happily wait for Codies to program the additional haptic trigger feedback which I guess will be the only difference over the X360 pad then for feeling slip on acceleration and rumble on braking.  Hint, hint.  ;)   Thanks all. 

Actually from an article from the Xbox guys themselves, they said that any games that supported the Xbox 360 Controller will also support the Xbox One controller, I don't know if it will use the features that the controller has

so according to this , xbox1 gamepad should work well in gas but DJ its not possible to work as wireless as there is no wireless receiver at this time , not any dedicated PC version like the xbox360 one, so P users have to buy the cinsole's version ...in consoles the wireless receiver is ncorporated... :-<
Cheers Miat, you remember i'm a wireless guy!  However, I researched before order, and it'll be fine.

It's not wired in the traditional sense of a heavy 2-3 metre cable, which is awful for a notebook user like myself.  I can use either my tablets 20cm micro USB-USB3 cable, or I have a slightly longer one off my mains phone charger.  Exactly the the same as when i'm using my existing torid gamepad or my tablet off USB3 and charging the Li-ion batteries.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/xbox-one-pc-drivers-for-xbox-one-controller

No doubt they'll release a wireless nano receiver accessory down the line for wireless as with the X360, rather than their X360 wired dongle/receiver thing, which again was unuseable for notebooks.  The clincher for me was that if they do this, I won't need to buy a new X1 gamepad to go wireless like you had to with X360.  :D