F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Logitech Support | Troubleshooting Hints & Tips

Got a Logitech wheel? Thanks to @LogiUK, I've gathered some common troubleshooting and FAQ to help you diagnose any wheel issue you may be running into.

The main FAQs at this stage are:

If the wheel isn't working at all then check Steam's controller settings.  

1. In Steam, try going into the Settings, click Controller, and then select General Controller Settings.
  2. Make sure that nothing is checked. If anything was checked, then that would be the cause of the issue.
  3. When assigning the steering function in-game, ensure that you turn the wheel all the way in the required direction and then back to centre ASAP.  
  4. Regarding Force Feedback settings, it's a strong recommendation to turn the wheel dampening down to 5-10% otherwise you won't feel much in the way of the actual in-game forces.
  5. Do you need G HUB?  Yes, in order for the wheel to be in its PC mode as opposed to its default console mode, G HUB is required.  Other than that it has no effect on the actual force feedback operation of the wheel as that is taken care of by the SDK which is installed alongside (but is not part of) G HUB.
  6. If the steering does not function on the wheel, it doesn't self-calibrate when you connect the USB cable and you have a flashing LED then this is usually an indicator that the wheel is not powered.  Check the connections at the wheel, the power brick and the wall socket.

Once again, many thanks to @LogiUK for the help on this.

Barry

Hi Barry, you can also use Logitech Gaming Software instead of GHUB.  It has a simpler interface, which I prefer, but the same functionality.  

Platform, wheel: PC, G920

Also, as a G920 user, having an xbox 360 controller plugged in while running the game with the G920 causes some undesired button remapping on the G920.  Unplugging any controllers when playing with a wheel is a safe bet to avoid any such issues.  

Lastly, leaving wheel damper on 0 allows for feeling the most details from the force feedback.  This may feel uncomfortable for some people though, since the wheel will feel lighter in moments of low feedback. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mattw404 said:

Hi Barry, you can also use Logitech Gaming Software instead of GHUB.  It has a simpler interface, which I prefer, but the same functionality.  

Platform, wheel: PC, G920

Also, as a G920 user, having an xbox 360 controller plugged in while running the game with the G920 causes some undesired button remapping on the G920.  Unplugging any controllers when playing with a wheel is a safe bet to avoid any such issues.  

Lastly, leaving wheel damper on 0 allows for feeling the most details from the force feedback.  This may feel uncomfortable for some people though, since the wheel will feel lighter in moments of low feedback. 

Hi @mattw404 LGS 9.xx.xx is abandonware by Logitech, as proven by the LGS 5.10.127 x64 for wheels prior to G29/G920/G923 so I suggest for updates you choose to use GHub.

On 10/25/2020 at 7:38 PM, orbeavhawk said:

WHAT/WHERE is GHUB?  TKS

Seriously, can you not Google?

THANKS so MUCH, neighbor, for ALL of YOUR KIND Help!    I asked for this HELP -- "AFTER" I had gone to Google!  SERIOUSLY!!!

Edited by orbeavhawk
  • Haha 2

On 10/27/2020 at 3:50 PM, orbeavhawk said:

THANKS so MUCH, neighbor, for ALL of YOUR KIND Help!    I asked for this HELP -- "AFTER" I had gone to Google!  SERIOUSLY!!!

You don't even need a keyboard, you can just SPEAK, seriously!

10 hours ago, Elliott1 said:

What about the REV counter? Is this advice for the G923? 

The LEDs I believe do not work on XBox. It's arguable that the wheel works as it is not detected correctly by the game, it was not in the Compatible Wheel Controller list at launch and I have not seen any support added in patch notes.

It's probable the LEDs work on PS4 and PC as they did on the G29 which the PS4 SKU of the G923 supercedes.

Edited by steviejay69

So frustrating when you pay so much for all its features and you can't use it 

On 10/29/2020 at 8:37 AM, Elliott1 said:

So frustrating when you pay so much for all its features and you can't use it 

Well, not really. You bought it and the game, so do a little research. 

I bought the game well before the wheel. When they advertised the wheel they said it would be compatible with the new F1 game. Yes the force and wheel works, the rev counter doesn't and if it did it would add a whole new element to the game. 

On 10/30/2020 at 9:32 PM, Elliott1 said:

I bought the game well before the wheel. When they advertised the wheel they said it would be compatible with the new F1 game. Yes the force and wheel works, the rev counter doesn't and if it did it would add a whole new element to the game. 

https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/products/driving/g923-trueforce-sim-racing-wheel.html

Compatible does not mean all features supported. But, to be fair the consoles have always been a bit like this. This may be a Microsoft limitation. Can't speak for PS4.

For F1 2020 it does not say Trueforce is supported and it says the dual-clutch function will not work (game limitation as the 'clutch' is a button).

For PC support it would seem an action map for the wheel would not be a huge departure from the existing G920 or G29 action maps especially seeing as Trueforce isn't supported this time. But allowing the wheel to be detected by the game would at least get users up and running if they manage to install GHub.

Unless the reason by CM is that to add full support they want to do it all at once and properly but it's possibly not that far up the to-do list.