Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Can't accelerate under Safety Car

A detailed description of the issue: Any time a SC appears and the text "prepare to resume racing" appears, the rest of the field can accelerate, but the game takes control of my car and I slow to a crawl and can't move until green flags. This has happened three separate times.

Game version: 1.12

Game mode: Any

Can you make the problem happen again?: If a SC appears, then sure.

How did you make this problem happen?: Have a SC deploy and then try to accelerate when it tells you to prepare to resume racing.

What troubleshooting have you attempted?: Changing controllers did not fix the issue.

What peripherals are you using?: Xbox One controller.

Any screenshots or video of the issue?: I haven't been able to properly capture it.

Edited by armedhylander
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, armedhylander said:

A detailed description of the issue: Any time a SC appears and the text "prepare to resume racing" appears, the rest of the field can accelerate, but the game takes control of my car and I slow to a crawl and can't move until green flags. This has happened three separate times.

How did you make this problem happen?: Have a SC deploy and then try to accelerate when it tells you to prepare to resume racing.

What troubleshooting have you attempted?: Changing controllers did not fix the issue.

Any screenshots or video of the issue?: I haven't been able to properly capture it.

Were you leading, because this was in earlier revisions of the game also, I don't think it is a new bug. 

7 hours ago, armedhylander said:

It's a very old bug and the biggest cause seems to be overzealous handholding. 

It happens whether you're first or not (altho if you're first and close behind the safety car it gets more profound) 
It even happens to cars that are still catching up to the back of the train, and results in dangerous situations when suddenly you get throttle control back. 

I've made multiple posts about this in the past to no avail. 
Come on codies. This has no place in an f1 game especially for people not running assists. It's unfair sometimes. dangerous most of the time, and immersion-breaking all the time. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Were you leading, because this was in earlier revisions of the game also, I don't think it is a new bug. 

I was in a Williams in P16 trying to avoid getting lapped but this killed that plan

Edited by armedhylander
  • Thanks 1

I discovered the solution to this which leads me to believe it's not a glitch but rather the limiter. Every time I've tried to accelerate I'm in a higher gear such as 5th, but trying to accelerate in 2nd fixed it.

18 hours ago, armedhylander said:

I discovered the solution to this which leads me to believe it's not a glitch but rather the limiter. Every time I've tried to accelerate I'm in a higher gear such as 5th, but trying to accelerate in 2nd fixed it.

I think that's because you can apply so little throttle when it's 'capped' that kinda doing the opposite to shortshifting counteracts it a bit. 
Problem still persists tho.

Edited by Bicarda