Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Patch 1.12 AI doesn’t get blue flags - Master Thread

I am racing in Austria (Grand Prix Mode) and the AI doesn’t get blue flags. It’s very hard to lap these guys. 
Before the patch I got a small sign that I approach backmarkers. And the LED track indicators blinked blue. Actual it doesn’t work on my PS4 version. Could you please check? @BarryBL

• Agree 1

Hi, 

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Please add your bug report onto this thread or I will not be able to replicate or diagnose 

Will need some more detail @cpthammer. Please complete template as requested. Images and Video would be really useful for the developers on this one. 

• I am racing in Austria (Grand Prix Mode) and the AI doesn’t get blue flags. It’s very hard to lap these guys.  They don’t fight but they don’t go onto the side for an easy pass ore drive slower. Before the patch I got a small sign that I approach backmarkers. And the LED track indicators blinked blue. Same problem between the AI drivers. AI Car behind me is lapping the slow cars as well. And there’s no blue flag. He loses a lot of time. 
    When Iam the slow car which has to be lapped. Blue flags doesn’t come up too. 

• PS4

• version 1.12

• Grand Prix ( 1 round in Austria, 100% race, AI difficulty 93%, no assists, race only - no practice or qualy)

• Happens in GP races

• problem started during normal race

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue   -> nothing

• I am using game pad 

• Any screenshots: These LED screens doesn’t show blue flags as shown:

2CDA156C-10F0-48BF-9085-5D4D30893A15.jpeg

2425FCE5-5749-4BDF-94A1-701920E719B0.jpeg

Edited by cpthammer
  • Agree 1

Hi cpthammer,

I've just attempted replication here, and the game performed as expected. Please see below for evidence from my side as working by design with MFD notice and blue flag lights as expected. Do you have rules and flags on turned on in session?

Yes it’s activated. I tried another race in the Netherlands. Blue flags working for me as a slow car which is lapped and for AI. Strange... I retry Austria in a while and will report. 

• Like 1

I can also confirm this is now an issue and is something I have not seen before. The images show me approaching Latifi ready to lap him, no blue flags shown and he did not move over to let me past, certainly seems to be a new issue.

Playing on Championship mode, 100% race length on Australia. I believe AI cars also have the same issue of not being shown blue flags to each other. 

3EAA3BB3-9464-4D13-A719-4E736B7E7A77.jpeg

7EC65534-F274-4383-9BF2-8CC844E3FE6D.jpeg

It happened again - in the same Netherlands Grand Prix which worked a few hours ago.  Maybe it’s in connection to mid session saving!? I resumed the race and the blue flags are not existing anymore. 

I believe this is a problem with mid race saves. I had the same issue as well. I had it happen after I loaded into a race I was half way through.

Also related to mid race saves is you only get podium pass experience of the laps from when you loaded. The laps from before the save aren't counting. Say you load a save from lap 30 of Melbourne and finish the race, you only get 2800 exp rather than the full 5800.

I've also this issue in PC with 1.12. No Blue flag for me and for ia if comes the leader back

To add to this, details for replication will be key:

•  When did you use the Mid-Session save? Did you leave game for the mid-session save?
  •  Did you experience this with the Mid-Session save?
  •  Had you already seen the blue fags and then they were no longer there, or not at all in session?
  •  Please add videos showing your replication method so I can copy.

EDIT: Replication Attempt 2, but with a Mid-Session save. Behaved as expected with lights and notification of blue flags working fine. Please add a video and clear replication steps, as so far, I've been unsuccessful in replicating

In career mode the blue flag does not seem to work. I have completed 5 races with 100% length and lapped cars are horrible, they don't lift (have great straight line speed), don't move off the racing line.

14 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks @cpthammer and @Liaveil

I'll take a look on the mid-session saves. Can other users who have reported this please add your bug report like cpthammer did so I have more information. Also, please add if you have used a mid-session save or not. Template here:

Link:

Sorry this is a bit late and I'm going off memory as it's been a couple of days.

Xbox, 1.12, Wheel. Happened to me during Driver Career.

- Backmarkers didn't receive blue flags and raced as if they were on the same lap. Other AI had to overtake as if it was for position. Bahrain Season 1, driving for Renault on 100% race. I made a mid session save early on before the first pit stops on around lap 11 and had to exit the game completely. I came back later to complete the remaining laps so I can't tell if the blue flags were working before I saved since it was early in the race. I just remember it happened after the save. On a related note I also only received 4700 podium pass points instead of the expected 5800 which coincides with resuming my save on lap 12. (This happened on another mid session save I did too where I resumed late in the race and only received the points for the laps after the save).

@BarryBL Same here on the Xbox. Mid session save in MyTeam in Hungary. 

Cant say for certain whether it was like that from the start. I have attached some photos. You’ll see Perez Bottas and Hamilton stuck behind the Williams and a Haas. 

I have a video but it’s taking a while to upload

D8580717-3941-46B6-9AA8-157EE8F5EBDD.png

DD74C9FD-8F7D-4B7E-8FA0-BB0424DB8A7B.png

2E8F104B-AD9B-494B-BABE-0997303DB88F.png

Further to my report above after experiencing the issue, here is some more information. 

I am Playing on Championship mode, 100% race length and it appears that when you reload into game save the blue flags no longer work. I have checked that the blue flags do work when you play without leaving and resuming mid session, however as I race 100% length I often save mid race then resume the day later and it seems every time this error occurs. I have expereinced it on Australia, Bahrain and another seperate test on Australia in Grand Prix mode. It is definately not just the actual blue flags on the track that is missing, the game acts as if the rules are turned off as you can approach an AI car they will not slow down or move out of the way like they are supposed to. This is also the case for an AI lapping an AI.

Platform - Xbox One

What version of the game you are using: 1.12

We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yes, it appears to happen every time when resuming a mid race save.

How do you make the problem happen?

Save the game mid race, fully exit the game and then return. It seems to happen every time rather than a sporadic issue.

Any screenshots or video of the issue?

I have attached screenshots in my earlier post showing me approaching Latifi to lap him. You can see from the screenshots the blue flags are not showing, he has not slowed down and has not moved out of the way for me to overtake.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the video @tarrantino, please add the video when possible. We can see if the blue lights came on and the notification comes on for the driver on the MFD. 

4 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks for the video @tarrantino, please add the video when possible. We can see if the blue lights came on and the notification comes on for the driver on the MFD. 

Yes no problem. Also to add to this corner cutting warning goes off too. I just ran over the chicane at full speed and no warning all all. However I do remember it working ok yesterday when I started the race as made a mistake at T4 and had that warning. 

• Like 1

Tried this with the 'Mid Session Save' option and totally leaving the game. Behaved as expected. Can users make this happen only on 100% races? Videos on where users are doing the mid-session save would help too.

@BarryBL Yes 100% race. I did wonder my 1.12 patched after Q1 would it happening during a race weekend bug it? 

I saved and came out of the game and returned and it still had the same problem. It was a massive train behind Latifi at the end. 

I saved on lap 40 at my second pit stop  

Edited by tarrantino

• Detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I did a 100% race in Singapore and after loading my mid session save, I suddenly started closing the gap to my teammate who was 22 seconds ahead in first place. At first I thought he had an engine problem since I was close to 2s per lap faster on the harder compound, but after closing the gap to 1s I saw him sandwiched between 2 lapped cars. When I got closer to the first lapped car (a Racing Point) no blue flags were shown and the RP didn't move aside. During the whole race me and my teammate had to fight lapped cars. It got worse when it started raining during the last 10 laps of the race because my teammate was stuck behind a lapped Alpha Tauri. A shame for him because he would've won if the bug didn't happen.

• Platform

PS4

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Game-mode?

My Team

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Not sure. Maybe in my next race I will do a mid session save and then load it to see if it causes the problem

• How do you make the problem happen?

Probably by doing a mid session save and then loading the save after exiting the game

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

PS4 controller

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Here you can see my teammate (Russell) sandwiched between 2 lapped cars and the RP not letting me by because blue flags never showed. You can see my position (Cooper) and Russell's position on the top left.