Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Patch 1.12 AI doesn’t get blue flags - Master Thread

Yes, i confirm this issue. Same Version 1.12 on PS4.

Detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I did a 100% race in Hungary. No waving blue flags.

• Platform

PS4

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Game-mode?

My Team

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Not sure.

• How do you make the problem happen?

Nothing 

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

PS4 controller

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? no

Edited by SNOWRACERDAD

I have some footage here of the issue again, on Bahrain showing the issue, it is noticable from 01:00. Just to be exact, this is playing on Xbox One, 100% race length, championship mode. You can see my gameplay settings at the end of the clip.

I am quite confused how the issue has not happened for Barry after what he has shown, as in my testing this would cause the issue every time. I did also find out that aswell as blue flags not working, corner cutting does not, but yellow flags do. An AI car retired and there were yellow flags over that section of the track as should happen, I didnt actually expect this to happen as at first I thought somehow Rules and Flags were simply being turned off but seems to not simply be the case.

This also keeps happening to me and it really annoying to see huge trains of cars.

I am playing Driver career, 100% race length. The most recent case for me was Spain. I saved and quit to main menu at lap 30. I did not close the game, and loaded into my save from main menu 3 hours later. Blue flags were neither shown, nor backmarker notification appeared on MFD. Also, cutting corners resulted in no penalty whatsoever (I even went along the old 3rd sector in Spain, bypassing the chicane, and no penalty was given). I had VSC that appeared correctly twice and yellow flag zone was correctly marked and flagged once.

Platform: PC

What version of the game you are using: 1.12 with mods

We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

It happened every time mid-race save was used (Australia, Bahrain, Spain)

How do you make the problem happen?

Save the game mid race, exit the game to main menu and then return. 

Edited by Axaios

Same issues as others but on Stadia version 1.12. 100 percent race, mid-save, other flags are appearing and corner cutting not registering.

Edited by InigoMontoya632

16 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Update on this one:

Tried under 100% race length conditions and couldn't replicate. Please see below videos, I had to cut into 2 parts. Notification came up on the MFD, and the blue flag lights do come on.

Something isn’t right if multiple users are getting the problem. Did you try in MyTeam or Championship?

Dont know if it'll be much different but when I did mid session save I just picked save rather than save and exit. 

I saved without exiting the race but exited to the xbox dashboard and closed the whole game. Restarted the game and loaded and that's when I had the problem.

I dont think it'll be relevant but I was also on my secondary xbox account.

Edited by Liaveil

Yep same on PC.  My Team mode, using PS4 controller and no blue flags are waved to lap cars

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
    After the 1.12 patch, whenever I do a mid session save in driver career mode, it stops counting flags, corner cuts, and essentially just turns rules off.
  • Platform
    PC
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
  • Game-mode?
    Driver career mode
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    Yes, I'm not sure if this happens in every single player mode or just the driver career mode, but it really is just doing a mid session save.
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    Mid session save at any point during the race.
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
    I tried the obvious things like restarting the game, and doing another save, but other than that I don't really know what else I could do.
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
    Thrustmaster TMX
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.
    Don't have any recording of it.

@BarryBL

For the record, What is see most people reporting is the AI not getting the blue flags, and thus huge trains forming. 
(although some people also seem to report themselves not getting the blue flags when approaching ai cars) 

So i think these are 2 seperate issues. 

One of them is not all flags showing up/being registered after you reload a session (or rejoin a mp session too btw), which is a very old bug. It can happen randomly too but usually after joining a session mid-race.

The other one is the AI not always getting blue flags and so huge trains forming in singleplayer races. which I wouldn't know what cauises this cause I don't play sp enough for it. 

Thanks for the feedback on this everyone. 

I'll pass this over to the wider testing team to get some reliable methods of replication. I'll add my failed attempts to the report as well. If users do have a way to replicate they experienced, please tag me in it and let me know so I can add to the report and attempt myself.

Just to add to the list, this happened to me yesterday.

50% race, created a mid-session save. Exited the game to do other stuff. Reloaded the save and I wasn't being given blue flags or being told to move over when the leaders were trying to pass me.

3 minutes ago, s00zster said:

Just to add to the list, this happened to me yesterday.

50% race, created a mid-session save. Exited the game to do other stuff. Reloaded the save and I wasn't being given blue flags or being told to move over when the leaders were trying to pass me.

Could you add a report for this if this happens again @s00zster. Report code would be a great help too. 

On this one, we are still attempting to find a method of replication that we can trust, so we can begin to diagnose and fix. I have logged with developers, but any extra information from anyone would really help. 👍

Just now, BarryBL said:

Could you add a report for this if this happens again @s00zster. Report code would be a great help too. 

On this one, we are still attempting to find a method of replication that we can trust, so we can begin to diagnose and fix. I have logged with developers, but any extra information from anyone would really help. 👍

If it happens again, definitely. 👍

• Thanks 1

I also faced this bug, I was running in China 100% Hamilton was in front of me 10 seconds, but I saw that he was stuck behind 3 cars, laggards, facilitating my approach, when I finally got there I passed him but I had to pass 3 cars and then 3 more ahead, that is, they didn’t give me a line, I had to pass as if I was fighting for position. And at no time did the blue flag appear, leave the game and come back and nothing. PC Version 1.12

Hello,

The latest patch broke PC version where on 100% race there is no blue flag rule and also no warning for cutting corners. 

Thank you.

I noticed the same issue in my career. I race with 100% race lenght and every time i make a mid session save this happens. when i load the save there are no blue flags. happend two races in a row. I guess it will happen the third race in a row when i load the current saved game.

It is pretty clear there is a problem after patch 1.12

I can confirm it that blue flag rule is gone as well as warning for corner cutting. Can this be fixed?

Just want to add to this that this seems to be occurring when you do a mid-session save, quit the game, then reboot the game to complete the race. This seems to be from any point during the race. I'll add to this by using the template, but this does seem to be a legit issue.

This is on PC, Windows 10, Steam

Patch 1.12

My Team (personally)

I can confirm I can make the problems again. This has happened twice to me and always when following my above description.

Save mid-race, at any point. Quit game to desktop, then reboot the game. Resume race from save point.

Troubleshooting seems impossible unless you just complete the race in one game session. Doable at and below 50%, might be more difficult at 100% for people with time constraints.

Thrustmaster TX with Ferrari F1 Wheel + Headphones. G29 Pedals. 

12 minutes ago, BroeckoliBoop said:

Just want to add to this that this seems to be occurring when you do a mid-session save, quit the game, then reboot the game to complete the race. This seems to be from any point during the race. I'll add to this by using the template, but this does seem to be a legit issue.

This is on PC, Windows 10, Steam

Patch 1.12

My Team (personally)

I can confirm I can make the problems again. This has happened twice to me and always when following my above description.

Save mid-race, at any point. Quit game to desktop, then reboot the game. Resume race from save point.

Troubleshooting seems impossible unless you just complete the race in one game session. Doable at and below 50%, might be more difficult at 100% for people with time constraints.

Thrustmaster TX with Ferrari F1 Wheel + Headphones. G29 Pedals. 

That is correct, just as you described. What is turnaround time for Code Master to fix this? It is quite hard to play games with no blue flag rule.

Same problem in my team, In my case the problem only exists when I load the save game which I made before patch 1.12 came out.

Since then every race I drove in My team there are no blue flags or corner cutting rules.

However when I start a  new career or drive a single grand prix everything is fine.

Other people only having the problem with a mid race saved game before patch 1.12 came out?