Jump to content Jump to content

US release before UK/EU, again...

I suppose in the realm of life in general, I suppose not, but the reasoning behind, 'US usually gets releases on Tuesdays and UK/EU on Fridays' is a little lacking as far as I'm concerned, considering the continued globalisation of pretty much everything.
I just find it stupid to be honost.
Specially when you need steam to play it.
I think game releases should always be global.
What also bugs me sometimes is that with some compagnies the console version is released months before pc version.
Ubisoft with Assassins creed is good example for that.

But thats how it is and it wont change anytime soon so we have to live with it.  :)
I find it annoying because it basically puts me on the back foot at far as the first few months of 'metagame' go, with the Americans -always- being able to get the game first, always being able to get the hang of it, to get the good online equipment/gear/cars/tools.

It's especially frustrating given that Codemasters are a UK-based company - and that on the off-chance that a game is launched in the UK/Europe first (Ridge Racer Unbounded ... Rayman Origins/Legends, if I remember correctly), the Americans go absolutely insane about the fact that we got the game before them.

:L

Unfortunately ... I can only hope that Steam and UK retailers sack up and start letting us UK guys play games the same times as the US people.
Personally, it doesn't bother me too much. Yes, US players will have a head start with online, but I tend to stay away from that until I've beaten the career mode, so I'll be behind either way. But for people who like to head online straight away, yes I can see why they're annoyed by the dates.
A lot of Americans had to buy the digital download due to a shipping and logistics error where most areas never even got F1 2013 to this day.

I like to play career mode for a season or two so I can familiarize myself with the career and improve from there. Then I'll give online a try once I feel confident only to realize I need to step up my game. 
:\">
For stores in the US they will be shipping from Tuesday just because thats the way retailers work in the UK, Europe is the Friday... this isn't nothing new guys and its not down to us sadly. As for the Steam version preload should start around the 20th and will unlock for everybody on the Friday.
For stores in the US they will be shipping from Tuesday just because thats the way retailers work in the UK, Europe is the Friday... this isn't nothing new guys and its not down to us sadly. As for the Steam version preload should start around the 20th and will unlock for everybody on the Friday.
Oh right, thanks for clearing that up, that it isn't down to you guys. I suppose having retail channels as well as digital download channels would make it as it is.

I wonder how Steam will handle this, no concrete date showing in the UK or US in Steam as of now...

I like you just that little bit more now, @justbiglee. Not in a weird way, though...

"...plays the piano with his eyes closed in his spare time."

By the way, do you play an ole' "Joanna", or are you playing an electronic keyboard? Thinking of buying myself a Tyros 5 at the moment...