F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Great difference in setup!

On 10/21/2020 at 4:39 AM, Game4ce said:

857426284_Screenshot_20201020-191714_F1Mobile.jpg.0c2ee6b35109846f3113c1082ae8931f.jpg

I wonder if this player is Fair play??

Probably is, I haven’t been playing very long but I have noticed PI doesn’t have as great an effect as assists.

I started with the default the game gives you but it didn’t take long to work out that by customising your assists can take seconds of your lap time without changing your PI.

I run 2 different setups 1 PI is 1793 which I use for grid starts and the other is 2106 which I use for Qually and sprint.

overall the lap time difference between these 2 setups is on average about 1/2 to 3/4 of a second.

the 1793 setup appears quicker off the line shorter braking and faster out of corners but top speed is less, the 2106 doesn’t feel as quick but top speed is greater.

I play with 1 red stripe on steering in custemized assist.

Edited by Game4ce

J'ai eu un adversaire en qualif qui a tourné en 1"02 en Autriche, avec un R&D à 0 ??? Comment est-ce possible ??? Si quelqu'un a une explication, je suis preneur !!!🤨🤨

I don’t think your competitor really had 0pi. It’s just a software bug. Quite often it goes in combination with you not getting any safe driver bonus

On 10/22/2020 at 3:53 AM, Rot10Ronny said:

the 1793 setup appears quicker off the line shorter braking and faster out of corners but top speed is less, the 2106 doesn’t feel as quick but top speed is greater.

I've seen more and more 1700-ish setup in duels recently but I can't find details on what parts this setting is using. 

Could you please share your 1793 setup ? (I understand if you refuse as it might be secretly broken and more accessible in terms of RDpts to the mass). 

9 hours ago, Onlyness said:

I've seen more and more 1700-ish setup in duels recently but I can't find details on what parts this setting is using. 

Could you please share your 1793 setup ? (I understand if you refuse as it might be secretly broken and more accessible in terms of RDpts to the mass). 

I’d like to help but that was almost 2 months ago, the set up has changed considerably since then. I’m not a secretive person and if I could I would, the shape was very similar to setup 3.

my current set ups are 

Setup 1. The car I drive now. PI 2097. ( really hanging out for Propeller Shaft and Hydraulic Distributor upgrades).

Setup 2. The max PI I can setup the car to, but it’s not very fast and only occasionally drive it in  “Single” race PI 2219 ( +5 for upgrade) ( Setup 3 is faster than this setup even with the 320 PI difference.)

Setup 3. The combination of highest lightweight & power I can achieve, but setup 1 is faster on every track. PI 1899.

E3A7840B-90D5-4E65-9A27-481874F3AF4A.png

6D677A89-374F-43C0-8259-9EF726D1A9F1.png

4A4631AC-5842-4486-BF18-CA90A32AB05F.png

Edited by Rot10Ronny
More information added
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Onlyness said:

I’d like to help but that was almost 2 months ago, the set up has changed considerably since then.

my current set ups are 

1. The car I drive now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rot10Ronny said:

I’d like to help but that was almost 2 months ago, the set up has changed considerably since then. I’m not a secretive person and if I could I would, the shape was very similar to setup 3.

my current set ups are 

Setup 1. The car I drive now. PI 2097. ( really hanging out for Propeller Shaft and Hydraulic Distributor upgrades).

Setup 2. The max PI I can setup the car to, but it’s not very fast and only occasionally drive it in  “Single” race PI 2219 ( +5 for upgrade) ( Setup 3 is faster than this setup even with the 320 PI difference.)

Setup 3. The combination of highest lightweight & power I can achieve, but setup 1 is faster on every track. PI 1899.

Holy cow, thank you for this setup. Compared to what I was using, it's broken as hell! Before, I was trying to keep power, aero, and lightweight close together. I only have 42 R&D points right now so I halved everything except braking. I've struggled beating people with around the same points as myself with my prior setup, but I just CRUSHED someone 400 points higher than me. I know points doesn't equal PI but man, that felt good. Game changer, thank you.

Rot10ronnys set ups are similar to mine. My theory:

1. keep brakes at 90. anything more and you’ll be slower

2. go high on lightweight (this‘ll get you out of the corners fast). Power helps too

3. aero is only important to get a high top speed down a long straight for example Baku. Aero gives you nothing in the corners 

Since making my changes, matchmaking is just shoving it up my hoop. I'm in League 4, now I'm getting matched against people in League 2 and 3 and their PI is usually 700-1000 higher than mine. I can beat some of them, but the game makes sure to smack me down real good if I manage to win two in a row

Edited by SMD414

Great stuff to read.  Does anyone change setups based on the track?  For example, street-based setups in Monaco and Singapore?  I tend to think it's faster to stick with the same setup across the board.  

LateApexDW - SZF Racing

I have setups for several duels, one for qualify/sprint race, one for gridstarts and one for Monaco and Hanoi trac.

Posted (edited)
On 12/20/2020 at 1:30 PM, LateApexDW said:

Great stuff to read.  Does anyone change setups based on the track?  For example, street-based setups in Monaco and Singapore?  I tend to think it's faster to stick with the same setup across the board.  

LateApexDW - SZF Racing

I have a setup for high speed circuits and another for high downforce/balanced circuits. 
High speed setup has more aero to help in straights, the other setup has more power to get out of slow corners faster.

edit. To clarify my setups all have lightweight as the top stat

Edited by StickyF1ngaz

I just use the lightweight setup. Too lazy to think too much and switch. Still able to win a fair percentage of races and hit 9999 easily. 
events usually silver 1 and I’m also using medium assists.