F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Private Training (Free Practice with no AI)

We may have Time Trial in case of running without AI but you can't change other options whilst driving. If we have a Private Training mode like Project CARS 2, I would be grateful.

• Agree 2

Definitely on board with this one. The time trial mode is focused on hotlapping, with the optimal conditions and everything. That would definitely help in setting up the car or learning more about the different dynamics of car wear.

There is the option to create an unranked practice session (90 mins max) you can add AI if you want but is not a requirement only thing is you can't proceed to qualy or race unless you have another player joining you in the lobby. If you need help setting this up just give us a shout an I'll walk you through setting up a lobby in unranked. 

2 hours ago, smudger1982 said:

There is the option to create an unranked practice session (90 mins max) you can add AI if you want but is not a requirement only thing is you can't proceed to qualy or race unless you have another player joining you in the lobby. If you need help setting this up just give us a shout an I'll walk you through setting up a lobby in unranked. 

I can do that but the issue would be for a limited time session depending on what I choose. I'm saying this because what I want is an infinite session time, something we wouldn't ever be doing online. 

I'm on board here because I'd love running the other tyre compounds privately so I know how they'd behave. Sadly, TT is slightly unrealistic due to not letting us use the track's medium and hard compounds.

2 hours ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

I'm on board here because I'd love running the other tyre compounds privately so I know how they'd behave. Sadly, TT is slightly unrealistic due to not letting us use the track's medium and hard compounds.

This is also another reason why we need Private Training. Period.

Couldn’t agree more...

The lack of a “free practice” game mode - which features in every self-respecting racing title (be it game or sim) going back as far as the early 90’s at least - is just mind boggling.