Sign in to follow this  

Strict corner cutting in F1 2020

I noticed that setting strict corner cutting rule in the race options of F1 2020 has a very different behaviour compared to F1 2019: for example on circuits like Russia (Sochi) or Belgium (Spa) in F1 2019 if you drive like real F1 drivers you won't get any warning/penalties, instead in F1 2020 if you follow the racing line used in real life you will get tons of warning/penalties...in fact if FIA stewards had to apply in real F1 the F1 2020 Codemasters strict corner cutting rules, every car would get a black flag after only 10 laps.

Not beeing able to drive like real drivers (especially using all the kerbs when exiting corners after Les Combes and Rivage or at Stavelot) is really no fun at all, furthermore is absolutely nonsense to put a corner cutting where there is sand at end of the kerb/extra-patch, so please for F1 2021 put back the F1 2019 strict corner cutting rules or even better make a patch for reimplement them in F1 2020.

Thanks.

• Agree 2

@Sennup

I disagree with you, strict is exactly what it means, once a third tire touches or crosses the white lines, you have exceeded the track limits. If you don’t like strict rules, turn them off. Please also keep in mind that this is a video game and not a simulator. You will not find what happens in real life totally implemented in this game. There has to be a limit in order to keep it fair for all of us. I find very little if any difference in between 2019 & 2020 track limits. I’m sorry but there must be a limit to how far you can leave the track. Even in real life they are cracking down on track limits. In no way am I trying to give you a hard time or be jerk, strict is strict, no more then 2 tires off the track & the line is well defined. Cross the line & that lap is invalidated. It is what is. Again, no bad feelings intended. 

If you don't find any differences between F1 2019 and F1 2020 strict corner cutting, then it shouldn't be a problem for you if rules of F1 2019 were applied in F1 2021...

The strict corner cutting is actually very consistent in F1 2020, exactly as in the FIA rule book the car must always be within the white lines.
Stewards are lenient towards the drivers in the actual races but this will change with time as they are looking to implement the same in real life as well slowly.

• Agree 2

it is called strict, not realistic, learn the difference.I drive fast times and get through a 100% race without penalties, if someone can't do that, he has to change his driving style.  The tracklimits in F1 2020 are the best ever

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2020 at 2:45 PM, YodaMRL said:

The strict corner cutting is actually very consistent in F1 2020, exactly as in the FIA rule book the car must always be within the white lines.
Stewards are lenient towards the drivers in the actual races but this will change with time as they are looking to implement the same in real life as well slowly.

No its not, its a freakin mess..

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 10/24/2020 at 4:24 PM, zombie82 said:

it is called strict, not realistic, learn the difference.I drive fast times and get through a 100% race without penalties, if someone can't do that, he has to change his driving style.  The tracklimits in F1 2020 are the best ever

It's not about driving fast or slow, I can drive fast as well, it's about driving like real F1 drivers...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/24/2020 at 2:45 PM, YodaMRL said:

You're completely wrong, the FIA rule is that at least two tyres must always keep contact with the kerb, the four tyres do not need to stay within the line

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 10/26/2020 at 9:27 PM, Sennup said:

It's not about driving fast or slow, I can drive fast as well, it's about driving like real F1 drivers...

track limits are not always the same in reality, this is determined by the race control before each race, this is not easy to implement in a game, so a strict setting was chosen. As I said before, the track limits in F1 2020 are the best. if i drive the same line as you and we cut the corner in exactly the same way, we get the same warning/penalty. in the older games it wasn't like that, i could have gotten away with a warning, but you could have gotten a penalty right away and even the penalties weren't always the same, sometimes there were three seconds, or five, or even ten seconds. most people just don't get it, just stop crying about it or learn how to drive properly

On 10/26/2020 at 4:33 PM, Sennup said:

You're completely wrong, the FIA rule is that at least two tyres must always keep contact with the kerb, the four tyres do not need to stay within the line

That's, presumably, what the next setting down is, mate. Just use that setting as strict isn't meant to be realistic.

On 10/28/2020 at 4:35 PM, TurkeySloth2107 said:

That's, presumably, what the next setting down is, mate. Just use that setting as strict isn't meant to be realistic.

No it's not, with realistic setting you can cut almost everywhere without getting a penalty

I finally found out that to avoid the warning for example at Stavelot and turn 9 of Austin circuit you have to go all the way outside of the kerb, I mean if you try to stay too close to the track within the line, but then surpass it even by only 1 mm, you get the warning/penalty for sure, instead if you go full throttle outside with all the four wheels over the extra-kerb, no warning is detected...so now I would say that tracklimits in F1 2020 are somewhat dumb and not really the best ever 😄