F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

How does custom car perform in TT?

Those are prob glitched times at the top what assists are they using? Multiplayer seems to handle like an RB and definitely isnt as fast as a mercedes 

I can't speak for PS4 but on the PC anything between the top 8 - 12 TT slots are taken up by cheats. The give-away is a combination of a non custom setup and/or using driving aids plus being 5 - 10 seconds faster that the officially recognised 'World Record' times! Sad but without anti-cheat software or direct intervention from CM it is something we are forced to live with.

Yeah i know, that’s pretty much the same on PS4, on most tracks, but like i say the actual time doesn’t look odd, so i was just wondering how fast that car is.

Whenever I look at the timetables I skip the first ones that definitely seem cheated and compare setups with folks like the drivers from the esports league. I know in some tracks some of them have set their times with the Custom Car, so I'd definitely say it's not mega far off from a good performance.

I think the custom car is the fastest in TT. I'd say the custom car is probably a fully upgraded My Team car. I tried it once in TT and it was a rocket in both the corners and the straights and was way faster than Merc.

Pretty sure I read (somewhere on here) a confirmation of sorts that the custom car in TT has the same performance values as the Merc? 

Maybe I’m mistaken though 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Agree 3

20 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Those are prob glitched times at the top what assists are they using? Multiplayer seems to handle like an RB and definitely isnt as fast as a mercedes 

Based on what? I've improved my times on several tracks in the Multiplayer Car in TT. It's the same performance but the camera angle / cockpit view is slightly different (better imo) than the Mercedes.

20 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Its 100% not as fast as the mercedes

Again, can you substantiate? Do you have some data or is it a gut-feeling?

21 hours ago, PJTierney said:

If I remember correctly, the Multiplayer Car has the same handling model and performance as the Mercedes.

In other words, it's a Mercedes you can paint in different colours 😉 

Not just paint though. The car has different dimensions. You can very clearly see this in cockpit. The front of the car is lower than the Mercedes. The steering wheel is aligned with the top of the monocoque structure, while in the Merc the steering wheel is lower. The front tires also seem "higher" in the MP Car, but this is probably due to the height of the side of the monocoque and slightly different camera settings.

I've driven it on time trial, it never competes with the times I've set in the Merc. The engine sound might be a merc sound, but the car itself is very oversteery and draggy. Its consistently slower. 

On 10/23/2020 at 2:04 PM, PJTierney said:

If I remember correctly, the Multiplayer Car has the same handling model and performance as the Mercedes.

In other words, it's a Mercedes you can paint in different colours 😉 

Yes, I think so...