F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Bottas P1

Valterri wins almost every pole position and race. 
I have started my team multiple times reset my statistics and he still gets Pole position and race win except Australia season one where he DNF’s is this normal 

And what is the problem? Can't Bottas take pole with the best car on the grid? Can't Bottas win races with the best car on the grid? I don't understand why you complain simply because the same driver won. Have you seen real F1 the last few years? There comes a time when you complain about anything. Well if you think it's convenient tell Codemasters to put it in the next patch and win the Magnussen races.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

In my first myTeam season Bottas was World Champion and now in my second it looks like he will win it as well, but it is a close one for him.

I have no problem with that. Next season it is my turn 😛

To me it's more and more looking like the awareness stat might be the most important stat for an AI driver.

• Agree 1

it was the same last year. in f1 2019, Bottas was the better Mercedes Driver in career mode for most of the time

I think it's a Career/My Team mode "problem". I usually play GP mode, championship mode and casual lobby with friends+AI drivers and in those races the dominant driver is Lewis almost every time

I get the impression the Awareness stat is having a greater effect than we thought. Why he has 99 is still beyond me. He should really have like 90 at most considering Lewis is down in the low 80's. 

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Liaveil said:

I get the impression the Awareness stat is having a greater effect than we thought. Why he has 99 is still beyond me. He should really have like 90 at most considering Lewis is down in the low 80's. 

I agree to that. I Think codesmasters Ratings are based on statistics but I really don't understand which statistic they use. I don't Think they choose the Ratings like they personally want to. And have you make any difference between a high rated Racecraft driver and a low one? In my opinion it is the most uneffective skill. But maybe I got not enough expierences yet.

59 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

I agree to that. I Think codesmasters Ratings are based on statistics but I really don't understand which statistic they use. I don't Think they choose the Ratings like they personally want to. And have you make any difference between a high rated Racecraft driver and a low one? In my opinion it is the most uneffective skill. But maybe I got not enough expierences yet.

What they probably try to do is replicate the general results of the F1 field. But they have two factors they use to achieve that: the car and the AI. The car performance is set so they need to tweak the AI to get the desired result. So that's probably why Verstappen is now the best AI in order to allow him to more or less match Bottas while being in the inferior car.

10 minutes ago, GnrDreagon said:

What they probably try to do is replicate the general results of the F1 field. But they have two factors they use to achieve that: the car and the AI. The car performance is set so they need to tweak the AI to get the desired result. So that's probably why Verstappen is now the best AI in order to allow him to more or less match Bottas while being in the inferior car.

In Case of Verstappen it makes sense. But why has bottas 99 in awareness? He also has more tire degradation than hamilton (in real life). So he is not that smooth on the Pedal, which should more often results in little mistakes in corner exits eg. I don't got how codemasters come to that rating. 

Edited by DonBlanko

14 minutes ago, DonBlanko said:

In Case of Verstappen it makes sense. But why has bottas 99 in awareness? He also has more tire degradation than hamilton (in real life). So he is not that smooth on the Pedal, which should more often results in little mistakes in corner exits eg. I don't got how codemasters come to that rating. 

No idea. But it was just to explain how some drivers might not have the expected rating because otherwise they might over/underperform compared to their real counterpart. Why certain stats are what they are, who knows.

On 10/23/2020 at 8:43 AM, campeonatoror said:

And what is the problem? Can't Bottas take pole with the best car on the grid? Can't Bottas win races with the best car on the grid? I don't understand why you complain simply because the same driver won. Have you seen real F1 the last few years? There comes a time when you complain about anything. Well if you think it's convenient tell Codemasters to put it in the next patch and win the Magnussen races.

That's the problem he has seen F1 the last few seasons . How many wins has bottas got to Lewis . Not many . So on that regards hes right . The game isn't representive of real life . In fact bottas had never won back to back races in F1 career. What I have noticed over the past few years is the drivers swap every year in who is ahead . Like bottas will regularly beat Hamilton in one season then Lewis will regularly beat bottas the next . Which isn't a bad idea in my opion as that could mix things up a bit . And all the teams ain't 2 by 2 in the tables . I see where he's coming from . But it will reverse the following season 

On 10/23/2020 at 3:43 AM, campeonatoror said:

As much as I would like seeing Bottas win more in real life, I do think CM did indeed buff him a little too much in game. We all know he can be very competitive, but what's happening in-game really is quite off compare with what they were trying to replicate.  

I'm sure what OP meant wasn't a real complaint, he just finds it a bit odd like many of us did.

7 hours ago, DRT-Apophis said:

As much as I would like seeing Bottas win more in real life, I do think CM did indeed buff him a little too much in game. We all know he can be very competitive, but what's happening in-game really is quite off compare with what they were trying to replicate.  

I'm sure what OP meant wasn't a real complaint, he just finds it a bit odd like many of us did.

Exactly what I meant I just found it odd not a complaint at all 🙂 I thought it may of been because of the steam edition I gathered the British version may of had Lewis leading. 

On 10/23/2020 at 7:08 AM, tarrantino said:

Bottas is over 100 points ahead in MyTeam too. Lewis had 3 dnfs in a row. 

Yep. Lewis AI is hyper-aggressive to the point of constantly spinning out alone during overtaking attempts. Can't count the times where i was on the lead, and he attempts a overtake from the inside, scrapes my car, loses traction and spins.

Bottas is pretty reliable so far, 3rd season of my team. Hamilton has such terrible results since the first season to the point that Bottas is probably the first driver, hah.

19 minutes ago, KommanderEcho said:

Yep. Lewis AI is hyper-aggressive to the point of constantly spinning out alone during overtaking attempts. Can't count the times where i was on the lead, and he attempts a overtake from the inside, scrapes my car, loses traction and spins.

Bottas is pretty reliable so far, 3rd season of my team. Hamilton has such terrible results since the first season to the point that Bottas is probably the first driver, hah.

Lewis was was mechanical in mine. Although since the updates Lewis has come back stronger it seems. 

Just now, tarrantino said:

Lewis was was mechanical in mine. Although since the updates Lewis has come back stronger it seems. 

Odd. Lewis has been driving like a second driver since day one in my experience. But yeah, i've noticed it too, getting better.

Total lack of consistency in terms of overtaking. I have a harder time fighting Bottas and Renaults+Mclarens for podium spots, surprisingly enough.