Jump to content Jump to content

Inconsistent track limits

I'm all for strict track limits but in order for the game to remain enjoyable it must be at least predictable.

In recent updates, some tracks have seen their track limits made stricter and I'm glad codemaster did it.

But there are a few issues at hand :

- The track limits are inconsistent. As per the FIA Formula 1 sporting regulations, article 27.3:

Drivers will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.

At the moment, this sporting regulation is not enforced in the game. Some corners allow the driver to extend the track limit without consequences, some other penalize the driver even when some part of the car is still within the tack limits.

This lack of consistency made the game less enjoyable.

- Some events best rewards cannot be attained without corner cutting : This is especially true for the 0 PI events and to be blunt, this is bad game design from codemaster's part, nothing less.

Best rewards should be attainable without cheating. Instead of artificially increasing the difficulty being lowering the target times to times only attainable with corner cutting, fix the track limits and the difficulty will be raised organically.

I've posted this in the technical assistance forum for codemaster's attention.

I'm posting it here for general discussion. Which corners and track limits inconsistencies bothered you lately ?

For me it is the penultimate corner at Austin which, with the right line, could be flat out without extending the track limit before and is overly strict now.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:57 AM, Chamiownu said:

- The track limits are inconsistent. As per the FIA Formula 1 sporting regulations, article 27.3:

Drivers will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.

First, welcome to the forum (4 posts, figure newish).  Unfortunately, there are sporting regs and then there are F1 Mobile "regs".  That's not to say that any of the F1 Mobile "regs" will remain consistent from update to update.  

In fact, F1 Mobile "Reg" 1.0 may state, "at no time will track or race car setups be allowed to remain consistent during any major update, minor update, or tuesday racing duals between the hours of 0137-0136 GMT of the day prior, to the day after, or any day in between as we are whimsical and will change what we want, when we want, as is to our fancy."  

I may recall reading that someplace.........

Archived