Jump to content Jump to content

Patch 1.2 fixes

I would like to know if the new Patch 1.2 fixed the problem of the disappearance of the Safety Car. Or is this forgotten by Codemasters and will we have to accept? I would also like to know if there has been any change in the pilot transfer system, since in the 8 seasons I made, the only changes that occurred were caused by me or by retirements. And lastly, if there was a change in our team changes in career mode, where we always replace the 1st driver of the team we are going to, which is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, caiocrq said:

I would like to know if the new Patch 1.2 fixed the problem of the disappearance of the Safety Car. Or is this forgotten by Codemasters and will we have to accept? I would also like to know if there has been any change in the pilot transfer system, since in the 8 seasons I made, the only changes that occurred were caused by me or by retirements. And lastly, if there was a change in our team changes in career mode, where we always replace the 1st driver of the team we are going to, which is ridiculous.

Do you play on PC? If so I highly recommend you to install the Extreme Damage Mod to drastically increase the likelihood of AI retiring from terminal damage.

I'm almost certain the reason why SC seems so rare to happen is because AI hardly ever receive terminal damages naturally in the vanilla game, only when they have engine failure in specific spot of the track then there's a chance that could trigger the Safety Car. 

For driver transfer, based on my experience in MyTeam mode, you're MUCH more likely to see drivers switching around if you hire a driver from the current F1 grid, retirement usually only triggers F2 driver to replace them and the rest remain still. For Driver's Career game mode, I'm not sure if there's other method to make that happen more likely, but make sure you check the Driver Transfer option is ON in the setting.

Edited by DRT-Apophis
  • Agree 1

From what I've experienced with the sc is, if you don't see any vsc or sc at the first race then there's a very high chance you won't ever see one. But some have had full sc after the first race so God only knows. 

After making a new save after the latest update I'm without the sc and vsc again.