Jump to content Jump to content

(PC) Steering Wheel Input locking

This is a new issue for me that has only started occuring for me after 20 hours or so of playing (between CTDs).

At anything from 10 to 30 second intervals, the inputs have suddenly started not responding. Basically its as if the game takes a snapshot of my inputs of that moment and keeps that for about 0.5 to 1 seconds. So if I'm at half throttle with 45 degrees of steering lock, it will remain that way and eventually jump to what i'm actually inputting. So it usually goes from very little lock to full lock because I've automatically tried to compensate for understeer, which clearly is not the issue.

Its not exclusive to driving either. It can happen in the menus. Its rare but if it does happen, it will hold the button that i was pressing and instead of highlighting the next choice,  the game will skip one or even two options alltogether.

I am using a Fanatec CSR wheel with standard CSR pedals on a Windows 8.1 System. The game is patched to the latest version and the wheel firmware and drivers are ate version 756 and 144 respectively (latest iterations)
I've just started having this happen to me with a Logitech G25. Has been fine for the 4hrs Ive been playing and now its doing exactly as you described. I straight away tested it in Assetto Corsa then Pcars and it ran fine for an hour+.
Has re-installing still helped you?
 I have verified the files and it downloaded the random 6.4mb update but that didn't help.

Archived