Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Black Screen after different sessions

I'm playing F1 2020 on Steam. In these days, half an hour after I started playing the game, I get this '' Error reading data. Please verify the integrity of the game cache. '' error. I tried to '' Verify Integrity of Game Files '' but it didn't worked. I'll upload my hardware_settings_config.xml and dxdiag.txt files. If someone help me, I'll be so happy. Have a nice forums.

DxDiag.txt

hardware_settings_config.xml

A detailed description of the issue: Any time after a fp session or qualifying while the game wants to show you the result table and give you your EP Points the screens stays black and you only can finish by ctrl-alt-del. IN the background you can hear driving cars and sounds from a track but the game isn´t go on

Game version: 1.12 PC Steam

Game mode: myteam third season

Can you make the problem happen again?: after a session finishes 

How did you make this problem happen?: problem occurs since patching game from 1.08 to 1.12

What troubleshooting have you attempted?: installed tracks again, reconfigure game over steam

What peripherals are you using?: Xbox One controller.

Any screenshots or video of the issue?: I haven't been able to properly capture it.

On 8/3/2020 at 3:01 PM, fsoyaltin10 said:

I'm playing F1 2020 on Steam. In these days, half an hour after I started playing the game, I get this '' Error reading data. Please verify the integrity of the game cache. '' error. I tried to '' Verify Integrity of Game Files '' but it didn't worked. I'll upload my hardware_settings_config.xml and dxdiag.txt files. If someone help me, I'll be so happy. Have a nice forums.

DxDiag.txt

@fsoyaltin10, did you ever get to submit this to the technical support section? I am having the exact same problem pretty much every time I start F1 2020!!

@BarryBLI have the same problem: F1 2020 "error reading data. please verify the integrity of the game cache."

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
    • See screenshot
  • Platform
    • Windows 10 on Steam
    • PC: AMD Ryzen 3 1200, RX570 (4GB), 16GB RAM, running on HIGH settings at 1920 resolution in full screen
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
    • F1 2020 Version 1.12 (this error was on 1.10 as well)
    • my games are installed on a 1TB E drive and not on my main C drive (which is a smaller 250GB SSD).
  • Game-mode?
    • any: time trail, online league (closed), My Team
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    • every time I start the game and start a race, free practice or the league race, then after about 1 lap, the screen flashes briefly and then the above error appears. The screen is then black with "please wait, loading" in upper left corner and screen is black. I can hear the game sounds, like garage noizes, music etc., but cant do anything. I have to force close the game.  After which I can not start it again, unless I perform a "verify integrity of local files" via Steam. This allows the game to start up again after I restart my PC, but then the same thing happens again.  F1 2020 Completely unplayable at the moment.
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    • see above
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
    • see above
    • I have also tried to load the game from within Steam but select DX 11 mode instead of the default DX 12, but get the same problem.
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
    • I use Thrustmaster TMX Pro set
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Screenshot 2020-10-28 080454.png

DxDiag.txt

Benchmark_2020-10-28_at_12-55-54_end_screenshot.zip

hardware_settings_info.xml

Edited by Benadie911

@Benadie911, please right click on the game, select Properties, go to 'Local Files' and press 'Verify integrity of game files', then re-boot game.

Hi @BarryBL, thanks for the reply.  I have done this probably  dozen times now in the last couple of months. After which I can play the game after performing the verification typically once or twice. Then I shut down the PC for the day and start it up in the morning to play again, and I have to repeat the verification every time as I get the same error and game "crash/unresponsiveness".

About three weeks ago, this particular error caused me to hard reboot my PC because I could not even open Task Manager to force close F1 as usual.  This caused my Windows to corrupt so badly that it could not start up and I had to do a complete fresh install of Windows which took the whole day.

I see on the Steam game forum, there are several people commenting about this exact same problem, even back in July.  Not sure why they did not load it into Codemasters forum.  Quick google search shows one or two instances of this happening in F1 2017 and 18.

I have just moved my F1 2020 games files via Steam from the E drive (a magnetic drive) to my C drive, the SSD and will try it again to see if this makes a difference in the performance or speed of F1 accessing the cache that it is complaining cant be read.  All files verified after the move as well.

2 minutes ago, Benadie911 said:

Hi @BarryBL, thanks for the reply.  I have done this probably  dozen times now in the last couple of months. After which I can play the game after performing the verification typically once or twice. Then I shut down the PC for the day and start it up in the morning to play again, and I have to repeat the verification every time as I get the same error and game "crash/unresponsiveness".

About three weeks ago, this particular error caused me to hard reboot my PC because I could not even open Task Manager to force close F1 as usual.  This caused my Windows to corrupt so badly that it could not start up and I had to do a complete fresh install of Windows which took the whole day. 

I see on the Steam game forum, there are several people commenting about this exact same problem, even back in July.  Not sure why they did not load it into Codemasters forum.  Quick google search shows one or two instances of this happening in F1 2017 and 18.

I have just moved my F1 2020 games files via Steam from the E drive (a magnetic drive) to my C drive, the SSD and will try it again to see if this makes a difference in the performance or speed of F1 accessing the cache that it is complaining cant be read.  All files verified after the move as well. 

Other things I can think of:

•  Are you running mods in any way at all?
  •  You may need to uninstall and reinstall the game?
  •  I had a similar issue with a different game. I had to unsubscribe from all of my mods on the game in question via Steam, re-install and verify from there.

I do not have any mods, only the factory supplied DLC for the Schumacher edition.

What happens to my save games like My Teams progress if I uninstall and re-install? I assume these are save in the cloud with Steam?

4 minutes ago, Benadie911 said:

I do not have any mods, only the factory supplied DLC for the Schumacher edition.

What happens to my save games like My Teams progress if I uninstall and re-install? I assume these are save in the cloud with Steam?

They are, but I'd recommend backing up your savegames on a external location/harddrive

On 10/23/2020 at 8:12 PM, Ollex said:

A detailed description of the issue: Any time after a fp session or qualifying while the game wants to show you the result table and give you your EP Points the screens stays black and you only can finish by ctrl-alt-del. IN the background you can hear driving cars and sounds from a track but the game isn´t go on

Game version: 1.12 PC Steam

Game mode: myteam third season

Can you make the problem happen again?: after a session finishes 

How did you make this problem happen?: problem occurs since patching game from 1.08 to 1.12

What troubleshooting have you attempted?: installed tracks again, reconfigure game over steam

What peripherals are you using?: Xbox One controller.

Any screenshots or video of the issue?: I haven't been able to properly capture it.

any news?

DxDiag please Ollex. Also, please refrain from adding multiple posts on the same issue.