Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Failed to verify game files - F1 2020

Hi everyone! 
A month ago I decided to import some textures to use in my "My Team" car livery. 
A few days ago, I tried going to multiplayer but every time I tried to join a ranked or unranked game, the game would pop a message saying "unable too verify game files" and wouldn't let me play. So, I went on Steam and verified the game files. 48 were "corrupted" (probably those that were modified by me), therefore Steam redownloaded the files and installed them. BUT even after that, the error still pops up! Do I really need to reinstall the game? Thanks for your help. 

9 hours ago, Razorino23 said:

Hi everyone! 
A month ago I decided to import some textures to use in my "My Team" car livery. 
A few days ago, I tried going to multiplayer but every time I tried to join a ranked or unranked game, the game would pop a message saying "unable too verify game files" and wouldn't let me play. So, I went on Steam and verified the game files. 48 were "corrupted" (probably those that were modified by me), therefore Steam redownloaded the files and installed them. BUT even after that, the error still pops up! Do I really need to reinstall the game? Thanks for your help. 

You need to fill out a template for technical support.

However, most likely the files you have modified do mean that reinstalling the game is the quickest route. Be aware that care must be taken with mods and the caveat is that unless they are tested that you should most likely expect they are more suited to offline play not online (only you will see the modifications). Any files shared in the online environment MUST be tamper-checked (and I'm not claiming that all ARE successfully).

The other possibility is the settings on the PC or faults in the system like hardware (hard drive or memory errors), firmware or software issues. Please make a template and attach the relevant files (like a dxdiag and the hardware_settings_config.xml) or any crash dump. If you can get the game working without modification, then proceed with modding and testing on a trial by files basis.

• Like 1

Agreed with @steviejay69 here, please add a template. With modifications to our game we cannot take responsibility for game performance. Modifications will not work in any way in the online game area. 

• Like 1

Guys, thanks for everything but I have figured out what happened. It wasn't the mods. I use an application that limits the CPU usage of the games that I want. I limited F1 2020 every time in order to get better consistency while gaming. That was causing the error. Sorry to bother tho and thanks for the help! @BarryBL @steviejay69

• Thanks 1

A very strange approach, but yes IDK why F1 seems to hammer GPUs unless you do introduce some kind of capping. Never tried to mess with CPU utilisation / core affinity.

I'm not sure you should.