Halloween Challenge

A post to gather infos on how to complete this challenge without loosing your mind.

Before anything, I play with no assist, and with my 1750 PI setup (personal best atm).

For the Austin Event:

My 1min and 27.3 seconds qualy lap time only get me 9000 something points (by experience the player usually need a 10000-11000 + qualy lap time pace to achieve the full reward). As far as I can tell, I can barely improve on this time without corner cutting like a mad man where strangely the game doesn't penalize you for it.

With that in mind, the challenge seems to require constant "on the edge driving" which seems to trigger some extremely hash corner cutting penalties, which I made me retry the first race of the challenge 7 times already because you need 3 perfect laps to at least get some decents points even if you are 20 or more seconds in front of second place in the race...

This is a terrible game experience, I've yet to find anything enjoyable by doing this challenge as the times required either means :

- That anything under a 2200 PI setup cannot get the full rewards

- The track limits are so inconsistent that they are a joke. But sadly yet again an unfunny one as you really need to push them to get the lap times required to get the full rewards. But any mistake is so harshly punished that you have to begin again.

I actually used to like the Austin track very much before the update, but now with the track limits inconsistencies and the over the top slow downs, this track is not fun to drive to at all.

Am I the only one in this situation ?

Did you guys find some way to complete and enjoy the challenge ?

Edited by Chamiownu
Typo

Just finished. 
1:16, 4:25 and 4:23. 80k++ points. 
Definitely can be faster as I used medium assist and kept on racing line. 

35 minutes ago, elimmel said:

Just finished. 
1:16, 4:25 and 4:23. 80k++ points. 
Definitely can be faster as I used medium assist and kept on racing line. 

I am curious about your PI and setup, because I can't imagine finding around 10 secs in my qualy lap.

I also finished it, in the end its a 1.27, 4.34, 4.34 with 62k++ points. Maybe my setup is not right. I used a : 395, 128, 908, 172, 176 setup.

Edited by Chamiownu

Oops. My bad. Should be 1:26

setup. 472, 347, 988, 289, 91

Edited by elimmel

The last two corners you must stay on the racing line. Swirving out al little is deadly. Two wheels on the curbes is punnished. CM do something about this!!

I can’t really explain the low scores but I don’t k ow if anyone has seen the leaderboard but it used to be that level 35 drivers would occupy gold and silver 1 but now there’s so many that even the top of bronze 1 is full of them. I guess the game must be getting very popular 

I’ve just been playing around and I think a bit extra aero would help in sector one through the s curves. I just took some lightweight out and added more aero and it helped the overall time 

9 hours ago, KMPkemp said:

I can’t really explain the low scores but I don’t k ow if anyone has seen the leaderboard but it used to be that level 35 drivers would occupy gold and silver 1 but now there’s so many that even the top of bronze 1 is full of them. I guess the game must be getting very popular 

I think it's stacked with bot scores.  Kind of like advertisers screaming "Hurry, selling out fast".  Just trying to generate a little word of mouth on this event.

Anyone also got a low score at Canada in comparison to the other tracks? My strongest points wise is Silverstone

USA @ 74k, Canada @ 63k, Brasil @ 88k, Silverstone @ 96k.

Brasil was for me hard to get over the 60k. The strange thing is that in single qualifiying I am 1 sec faster on all tracks! That is very frustrating!!

Think mines USA 60k, Canada 61k, Brazil 68k and silverstone 72k. I could get a better score at Austin but there’s no point it won’t get me anywhere. Good to see that  your scores are proportionally similar. 

US 87k, Can 71k, Bra 76k and GB 96k. 
only went for full rewards and couple of retries for US.