F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2021 TRACKS

44 minutes ago, FMP_Gianlucac88 said:

Mugello, Portiamo, Imola, Nurb...

Any chance to see them in F1 2021?

@BarryBL

No.  There's an announcement posted right at the top of the forms.  It's been discussed for months.  The answer is no; it's always been no. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, petro1319 said:

No.  There's an announcement posted right at the top of the forms.  It's been discussed for months.  The answer is no; it's always been no. 

But wasn't that only said they're not gonna be in our current game? The OP was asking about the next game.

Though, to the OP, your guess is as good as anyone's guess.

• Agree 1

He was talking about next years game, read the titles before you talk to people like ****. Nobody knows what will be on the next game.

• Agree 1

This is what I always hate. People just do not know how to read accurately. He clearly perfectly, crystal clear indicated that he was inquiring for the successor of F1 2020. 

2 hours ago, FMP_Gianlucac88 said:

@BarryBL

I am pretty sure they already have a plan for this, whether it will be the successor of this game, or the succeeding games. I am sure Nurburgring and Istanbul Park are not that much of an issue since it was present on F1 2011 and F1 2013. Mugello, Portimao and Imola are the ones that could cause some issues for them. I am sure everyone just wants a chance to get on the game, take the fastest car, and just drive around those tracks. 

• Agree 1

The next game poses a real problem as there could be upwards of 5 new tracks to build for the game, and no inclination of where we will be racing next year from F1 itself. I'm sure Codemasters knows more than we do in that respect but it's going to be a big ask to turn it around in the few months they'll have to get the game out.

Add the new regs and cars for 2022 and it's going to be a massive amount of work the next 2 years.

I for one would be perfectly willing to pay for a track DLC allowing me to play the 2020 season with all tracks they really raced on. Since several of these were already included in previous versions of the F1 game, maybe that would be worth a thought for the devs? Might make more money that the 20th pair of gloves i could buy in the in game shop...

• Agree 3

Considering F1 is planning on a calendar similar to this years original calendar, no.

• Disagree 1

Unless any of the tracks will be on next years calendar then it won't happen. End of story.

• Disagree 1

11 hours ago, FMP_Gianlucac88 said:

@BarryBL

My bad here, I just got mixed up with the year you wrote and thought you meant this years game.  My mistake.

9 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

He was talking about next years game, read the titles before you talk to people like ****. Nobody knows what will be on the next game.

Chill out.  Simple mistake honestly; I read it.  I just got mixed up with the year and the fact this question is a constant re: this years game.

1 hour ago, Lakrits said:

Unless any of the tracks will be on next years calendar then it won't happen. End of story.

That's almost 100% true IMO.

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Lakrits said:

There is still hope then - because all of the tracks above are awesome to drive, while several of the "original" 2020 tracks in game are not interesting, not inspiring to drive. I wont name them, we dont need flamewars here^^ but lets say that Nürburgring, Portimao, Mugello all found positive reactions among the RL F1 drivers. Also, Imola is a classic and should be in any F1 game 😄

Edited by Schneehase
typo

Are these Tracks officially tracks from the 2021 calendar?
if not there may be no chance, since codematsres have to focus on more important things.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

Are these Tracks officially tracks from the 2021 calendar?
if not there may be no chance, since codematsres have to focus on more important things.

I believe Chase Carey mentioned in an interview that they want a calendar like the original 2020 calendar.

Remember the Classic DLC for F1 2013? A bunch of classic tracks to mess around on. If - IF - they have the ability, time and money to do this, that would be cool. Seeing as we can now pick and choose which races to include in a career calendar, this could be expanded upon. Although licencing does currently limit this to 'this year's calendar in that order', so probably not.

A '2020 DLC' with this year's bonus circuits. I'd buy it.

• Agree 1

Would not buy an extra tracks DLC.

Not that they are going to release them anyway, but if they did it would have to be for free.

We have already paid for F1 2020, and shouldnt be paying extra money to have the tracks they're actually racing at this year in game. 

• Disagree 1

20 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

The next game poses a real problem as there could be upwards of 5 new tracks to build for the game, and no inclination of where we will be racing next year from F1 itself. I'm sure Codemasters knows more than we do in that respect but it's going to be a big ask to turn it around in the few months they'll have to get the game out.

Add the new regs and cars for 2022 and it's going to be a massive amount of work the next 2 years.

What 5 new tracks for 2021? The currently confirmed races include no new tracks that weren't in F1 2020.

2 hours ago, Ho3n3r said:

What 5 new tracks for 2021? The currently confirmed races include no new tracks that weren't in F1 2020.

As of now, the only ones I see listed as possibilities are a circuit around Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL and Autódromo de Deodoro in Rio de Janeiro, BR. We're set to lose Barcelona, Red Bull Ring, and Shanghai, though.

2 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

Would not buy an extra tracks DLC.

Not that they are going to release them anyway, but if they did it would have to be for free.

We have already paid for F1 2020, and shouldnt be paying extra money to have the tracks they're actually racing at this year in game. 

I meant for 2021 if they were going back to the original calendar.

Guys, guys! f1 2020 is nowhere near done yet. IT's still a very expensive beta. 
No need to talk about f1 2021 yet. They won't have time for that considering all the things they still have to fix on this one. 
They wouldn't want to have so many people pay 70 euro's for such a broken game right? Codemasters aren't thieves..

If anything f1 2021 should be a dlc for this game. That way they finally have time to fix one and make one actually work. 

1 hour ago, Bicarda said:

Guys, guys! f1 2020 is nowhere near done yet. IT's still a very expensive beta. 
No need to talk about f1 2021 yet. They won't have time for that considering all the things they still have to fix on this one. 
They wouldn't want to have so many people pay 70 euro's for such a broken game right? Codemasters aren't thieves..

If anything f1 2021 should be a dlc for this game. That way they finally have time to fix one and make one actually work. 

Erm, i'd like to assume youre joking. If youre not, is this the first Codemasters game youve played? The same bugs have been present year on year. And of course CM would rather have more people buy a brand new copy of a full price game than an older game with DLC.

No previous F1 game has been fixed before the new one was released. 

Edited by dshepsman

4 minutes ago, dshepsman said:

Erm, i'd like to assume youre joking. If youre not, is this the first Codemasters game youve played? The same bugs have been present year on year. And of course CM would rather have more people buy a brand new copy of a full price game than an older game with DLC.

No previous F1 game has been fixed before the new one was released. 

Which is why. CLEARLY a change is needed. It's not working as it is. 
And CLEARLY they should, for once, fix first what they made people pay a premium for. 

Before having people pay another premium for another broken game. 

I know they make money this way. But would they really want to be known as a company that screws the fans over year after year just because they got the F1 game monopoly? 
Besides. at one point FOM will figure out this ******** is not the best advertisement for their brand. 

Edited by Bicarda

4 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Which is why. CLEARLY a change is needed. It's not working as it is. 
And CLEARLY they should, for once, fix first what they made people pay a premium for. 

Before having people pay another premium for another broken game. 

I know they make money this way. But would they really want to be known as a company that screws the fans over year after year just because they got the F1 game monopoly? 
Besides. at one point FOM will figure out this ******** is not the best advertisement for their brand. 

Ah, poor youngsters.....

This has been happening in gaming for decades..... EA started it with FIFA, Madden NFL etc. The new game was exactly the same as the previous year, with a roster update. Maybe a slight graphics update. These companies make the most money from reusing the previous games code and tweaking it. Minimal effort, maximum profit.

The only way to stop this from happening is for EVERYONE from buying the new game. And that, no matter how hard you try, is not going to happen. Call of Duty is another example (not that ive played it), but the amount of people that pre-order it for £60/£80/£100 and then complain that its exactly the same as the old version. Or a short single player. Or whatever.

Gone are the days people wait for reviews. But then, how many reviewers will slate the latest release of a high profile game these days?

1 minute ago, dshepsman said:

Ah, poor youngsters.....

This has been happening in gaming for decades..... EA started it with FIFA, Madden NFL etc. The new game was exactly the same as the previous year, with a roster update. Maybe a slight graphics update. These companies make the most money from reusing the previous games code and tweaking it. Minimal effort, maximum profit.

The only way to stop this from happening is for EVERYONE from buying the new game. And that, no matter how hard you try, is not going to happen. Call of Duty is another example (not that ive played it), but the amount of people that pre-order it for £60/£80/£100 and then complain that its exactly the same as the old version. Or a short single player. Or whatever.

Gone are the days people wait for reviews. But then, how many reviewers will slate the latest release of a high profile game these days?

Cause this game got a 91 on ign that must have been bought or reviewed by someone who played for an hour and isn't really a racing game enthusiast. 

I'm not saying what i think will happen. 

I'm saying what i think SHOULD happen if the people pulling the strings at codies had a spit of decency. What they're doing now is theft on a yearly basis. Using lies and false promises as their favoured methods of keeping people onboard, instead of fixing their trash. 

9 minutes ago, Bicarda said:

Cause this game got a 91 on ign that must have been bought or reviewed by someone who played for an hour and isn't really a racing game enthusiast. 

I'm not saying what i think will happen. 

I'm saying what i think SHOULD happen if the people pulling the strings at codies had a spit of decency. What they're doing now is theft on a yearly basis. Using lies and false promises as their favoured methods of keeping people onboard, instead of fixing their trash. 

I agree with you. TBF, its not completely trash. The handling is much better than last years game. Im loving My Team. But the bugs are still there, I'm still not a fan of the 'Arcade/Lowest common denominator' - things like auto driving on pit in/pit out/driving to grid. Also the 'cut straight to fast lap' instead of driving out for practice/qualie. Give me a menu option to turn that **** off! Also, Give me telemetry. Its in the game, but have to use an external program to view it - which i guess isnt the end of the world. But give me the ride height! How can i set the ride height without knowing how often im bottoming out!

But CM is a business. And has been making F1 games for 10 years or so. It wouldnt be doing it if it was losing money....

Edited by dshepsman

Just now, dshepsman said:

I agree with you. TBF, its not completely trash. The handling is much better than last years game. Im loving My Team. But the bugs are still there, I'm still not a fan of the 'Arcade/Lowest common denominator' - things like auto driving on pit/pit out/driving to grid. Also the 'cut straight to fast lap' instead of driving out for practice/qualie. Give me a menu option to turn that **** off! Also, Give me telemetry. Its in the game, but have to use an external program to view it - which i guess isnt the end of the world. But give me the ride height! How can i set the ride height without knowing how often im bottoming out!

But CM is a business. And has been making F1 games for 10 years or so. It wouldnt be doing it if it was losing money....

It makes it more sad that the core game is actually good. 
It just doesn't matter if the game is practically impossible to enjoy because of all the bugs.  In the end it's still broken. 

I only play online and about half the races go to **** in one way or another.