Jump to content Jump to content

f1 2021 finally getting VR???

OK... Lemme put my 2cents in here. I keep reading this phrase in reviews and forums, "Once you race in VR you will never want to race flat screen again."

Let me tell ya, From my limited exposure to VR, I'm guessing they are telling the truth. I just pre-ordered a pair of HTC Vive Pro 2. I'm in the process of buying several good racing titles that support VR so I can dive into it just a few short days from now. 

Listen up Codemasters. I've bought every title of F1 for nearly a decade. I Won't be purchasing a copy of F1 until it has VR, No point to. The VR combined with the DOFreality motion simchair means my setup is evolving beyond flat screen. F1 is my favorite type of racing... but I'm not wasting money on a title I won't play. 

Codemasters:  NO VR? NO WAY!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not young but many years ago I was heavy into Gran Turismo on the playstation and enjoyed that experience using Logitech equipment. Now that VR has become stable I decided to return to sim racing. Having already done the flat screens and entry level kit I decided I wanted to go only VR and high-end equipment. I am using Oculus for AC, ACC, PC2 and the VR experience is INCREDIBLE. You really feel like you are sitting in an F1 car with the right setup and right SEAT. AMAZING. I have never heard of this F1 game but it is unfortunate that it does not have any VR support. I will only purchase titles that include VR support since I am not playing on a monitor. I do not care if you have a fancy triple screen setup. The VR setup is mindblowing. When I turn my head during a turn in the F1 car my VR headset hits the head bolsters of my Sparco Pro Adv Qrt just as your helmet would hit the side of the cockpit in the F1 car. That sensation alone is worth the costs. I do not do any online racing, do not care about that, so a title like iRacing is not for me.

Hopefully codemasters will eventually join this decade because they are losing out. There are customers like myself that only play VR titles and they are losing sales. Maybe F1 2030 will include VR. I am not waiting around, the titles I am playing are lots of fun.

I created an account just to jump on the VR thread. Codemasters really needs to add a VR option and realize they're missing out on something that will attract even more people to the title. Its a shame because it looks like a great game but I have no interest until they add VR. Come on Codemasters

• Thanks 1

I mean it would be ana amazing step up but I feel within the current circumstances of still developing new tracks etc and the new tracks and entirely new car models next year I don’t see it happening soon due to the pure work load but it would be an amazing feature if possible. I sadly don’t personally see it happening but until codemasters confirm or it’s shown in the full release it’s still just a rumor

It's unbelievable that F1 2021 doesn't get VR. In 2021 it's unacceptable that a racing game doesn't get VR.

90% of the racers that tried a good VR setup once, stays at VR and cannot go back. So for all of them, including me, it's: No VR = No buy.