F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Problem with split screen multiplayer offline F1 2020

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding F1 2020 Split screen multiplayer (offline).

I have some problems with split screen offline, when I play this with a friend at my house; the second player's car is much slower. Especially when changing from 7th to 8th gear. Also, top speed seems to be lower on the second player's car..

How can I solve this problem? 
We do not play with a manual gearbox, we leave it at automatic gear changes and we both play with a PS4 controller.. And we both play with the same settings as well.. The car is just so much slower. 

Hope you guys can help me solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Ramon 

Is the controller fine? are you sure they both go to 100% throttle when fully pressing down the trigger? 

I assume you're using the same car as if you don't turn on equal car performance then obviously the williams would be slower than the merc.  (although maybe not even that much on the straight) 

Hi Bicarda, 

Thanks for the fast response.

We played with different controllers as well, didn't make any difference.

Also we played with the exact same car and even switched those. Same problems continued.. 

So it do not have anything to do with 1. A controller and 2. A different car..

I really don't know what the problem is to be honest.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance again.

Ramon

Hi Optie,

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Adding video comparisons of top speeds here will be crucial so we can see the difference you are describing, ideally in the same car.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:16 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi Optie,

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Adding video comparisons of top speeds here will be crucial so we can see the difference you are describing, ideally in the same car.

Here is the video of the comparison between the two cars. Like it shows; exactly the same cars (same setup, same settings etc.) 

Top screen: 7th to 8th gear very quick and smooth.

Bottom screen: 7th to 8th gear very slow..

Newest version of the game as well. No old version or what so ever..

Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance again.

Hi Optie,

I still need a completed version of the template that I posted earlier in the thread. Many thanks.

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Slower second car on multiplayer split screen (offline PS4)

• Platform

Playstation 4

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Version 1.12

• Game-mode?

Multiplayer split screen offline

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

Yes, every time I play multiplayer split screen with a friend, same problem continues..

• How do you make the problem happen?

By just starting the game and playing multiplayer split screen offline mode

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Tried different cars, other PS4 controller, switched the cars (Player 1 with a Mercedes from Hamilton and player 2 with Mercedes from Bottas). Checked all the settings (automatic gear changes, car settings, car set up..)

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

We just use two PS4 controllers

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

Video posted above this post already 

• Like 1

Hi Barry, thanks for the fast reply. I hope that I completed the template. As you can see in the video, the second car is about 20km/h slower on the straight.. Gear change from 7th to 8th (automatic gear change) is much slower then on the first players car.. Many thanks again and I hope we can solve this.

Hi Optie,

A few questions if possible. I need to get as much information as possible so I can pass this to the testing team (I don't have a PS4 in my makeshift home office).

•  Are you running the PS4 controllers wirelessly? Does connecting them via a Wired connection help at all?
  •  Are you running on the standard or casual race styles?
  •  Is it always Player 2 that is affected?

Hi Barry,

We do run the controllers wireless. Even when we play with a wire, same problem continues..

We both run the standard race style

And yes, it is always the second player who is affected by the problem.

Kind regards Ramon

Barry, also I noticed this problem in the video.

First car goes to 13000RPM 

Second car something above 13000RPM

I'd recommend checking your controller settings, you might not be getting full throttle if you've set them up wrong, or you may be resting on the brake.

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

I'd recommend checking your controller settings, you might not be getting full throttle if you've set them up wrong, or you may be resting on the brake.

Controller settings in the game? Exactly the same on both controllers. We even tried multiple/different controllers. A friend took a controller from home to play at my house. Same problem.

We checked all of the settings in the game. Every setting is the same, we both play at automatic gear changes, standard set up from the car. Automatic DRS deployment. Non-automatic ERS deployment. 

It's just all the same.. Haha

So that shouldn't be the problem in my opinion. 

I double checked every setting between player 1 and player 2. Everything is exactly the same, controller settings and also the car setup settings..

Same problem again. Player 2 has the problem with 7th to 8th gear. Misses about 30km/h on the straight.. 

Thanks Optie,

From your latest video, did the top screen even attempt to go? 

Some troubleshooting ideas:

•  In your controller settings, please post a screenshot of your 'calibration' settings for both controllers. On the player 2 controller, depress the throttle fully down and see what score you get on the bottom. Should get 100. The screen looks like the below;

20201103155555_1.jpg

Or even reset all of your controllers back to defaults and see if that works. 

Hi Barry;

First player did not race. I'm on my own right now so I can only control one player/controller haha.. 

Also tried to depress the throttle and the brakes as well. Went to 100 with braking and throttle. Also made a new controller Preset, chose that for controller 2. Same problem again.. Second controller is so much slower. I will post another thread with a video as well

20201103_170950.jpg

Barry, 

I have found the problem. It's the difference between the older and newer PS4 controller. This is what I did:

Closed the application, started the app as a guest player. Then I started up the multiplayer split screen again. Now the first player has the problem with the slower car (older controller) and the second player was like it should be (newer PS4 controller). 

I went to the calibration settings with the older controller. When I fully pressed the throttle; it only went to 65/72 with the older controller.. 

So how can I solve this? I want it to go to 100 like it should be..

Thanks for all the tips and texts, hope you can solve me with this last problem haha 😄

Thanks @Optie. I also have a theory its split screen related. I'd recommend doing this in the split screen section with a friend.

Barry,

When I want to go to calibrate my settings when I am logged in with my own account, I can only calibrate with player/controller one. But when I am in split screen and I want to calibrate with the second controller; I can not calibrate. I only can calibrate with player one controller..