F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Choose teammate in Driver mode

Hello, I am playing career mode (the one that was already in the previous games) and I was in Alpha tauri and I wanted to go to Red Bull but replacing Alex Albon, (being second driver) and when I negotiate with Red Bull I did not There was nothing to choose which pilot you wanted to be (as in previous installments) and I ended up replacing Max Verstappen and not Albon as I wanted to know if there is any option to choose my teammate.

Interesting.  I haven't really played career mode much this year mostly just My Team.     I cant remember last year; did you actually have the option to pick which teammate you had on a mid-season team change?  I didn't think you did; I thought they added the ability to let you pick your teammate when you start the mode.  I thought contract renewals/team changes were random, or at least always had you joining the team as (and replacing) the #1 driver.  I always remember watching through replays the week before contract time so I could identify who was driver 1/driver 2 for the team I wanted to join so I knew who id replace if I asked to be first driver with my new contract.  This year you dont seem to have a choice of #1 or #2 driver when you negotiate. 

Either way, I don't know why the option doesn't exist.  I get it, you don't have the option as the driver to pick who else the team hires for you in real life, but... this is a game afterall.   the randomness the game logic uses isn't based on anything real either.  I think they should just always give you the option.

Heck; I'd even love to see career mode have a My Team element to it... or let me race for a real team in My Team mode.  The more options the better IMO.